• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
No food for 4 days. Green green green.
day 50 today.
Big ones small ones-some as big as your head! You follow ok rafiki, he show you da way. 😂

1205D709 292E 4C60 B298 449C58BBCB00
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Happy weekend farmers!
The lemon Thai continues to shine. Building the largest muffs in the tent. ✌️
day 51 of flower today. Carb only diet for 5 days.

40E35ECD CD2F 4095 A20C 8C2FF5B80A28
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
The thai girls probably do have a few weeks left, and they could still be fed. I can’t be bothered to feed anymore, and these girls are green as it gets. Get the fatkins diet!
the other 2 strains are much much closer. Already mostly milky.
only watering till 5% runoff or so to let consume what’s left in coco, then they can eat themselves.👍

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
That is a Thai. Under a different light.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Starting the fade.

have you tried not cutting off feed and letting them grow longer. I did a lot of side by side testing on the this and that plants will grow bigger and more potency for weeks at this point. The difference can be astounding. You are basically stopping the plant from reaching its potential imo.

The reason the old black market commercial guys started flushing for 2-3 weeks was so they could pump plants full of nutrients as much as possible and still get the stuff to sale sooner.

you lose a lot of quality compared to proper tapered down feeding to the end like the plant needs. But it will keep going more weeks than most like.

Just sharing some experience you may want to try.

great work. Flower looks fantastic.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I really prefer to not push the juice through them for the final 2 weeks. Still lots of food in the coco, and lots stored in the plant for finishing. Highest feeding was around 1000ppm, more like 7-800 average through flower for this batch. I let the plants tell me what they want.
Minimal runoff, like I stated.
I may be reducing the plump weight by growing this way, but the final product it always clean.
I do choose quality over quantity somewhat.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I really prefer to not push the juice through them for the final 2 weeks. Still lots of food in the coco, and lots stored in the plant for finishing. Highest feeding was around 1000ppm, more like 7-800 average through flower for this batch. I let the plants tell me what they want.
I may be reducing the plump weight by growing this way, but the final product it always clean.

Quality and yield both went up. Some plants were 3% higher in thc and up to an ounce bigger fed properly to the end. I stress proper feeding. They dont need much during ripening.

Faded plants taste less. Smell less and have lower potency. Commercial growers dont care. They want to skip the curing process. Thats all that fade was for. There is no fading i organic food or herb production. How can you get the full potential from a starving self canabalizing plant?

This advice came from pretty big 35 year commercial grower/ breeder. Every patient noticed the added potency and complexity. Made sativa leaners have much more full body high along with the trippy part.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
They aren’t starved. In 7-10 gal pots, with minimal runoff to keep leaching at minimal.
Save money on nutes, and time feeding.
I have chopped many green plants down, green till the end.
Just not for my preference, or those that claim my cannabis their favourite.

growsince79

growsince79

Plants in nature fade all by themselves. I had a volunteer come up by the compost pile. Nice healthy green never fed anything and in the fall she faded as she swelled.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Plants in nature fade all by themselves. I had a volunteer come up by the compost pile. Nice healthy green never fed anything and in the fall she faded as she swelled.

but that plant is not being grown to its full potential.

Anyway. When i tested this stuff a local dispensary was getting my stuff lab tested. The numbers dont lie. Or the flavor and smell.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They aren’t starved. In 7-10 gal pots, with minimal runoff to keep leaching at minimal.
Save money on nutes, and time feeding.
I have chopped many green plants down, green till the end.
Just not for my preference, or those that claim my cannabis their favourite.

i try to feed to only what they will use til next watering. If i stop feeding the plants would be bright yellow in a week under the lights.

When i mess up i am amazed how soon they show deficiencies.

growsince79

growsince79

but that plant is not being grown to its full potential.

Anyway. When i tested this stuff a local dispensary was getting my stuff lab tested. The numbers don't lie. Or the flavor and smell.
So the 15- foot tall Colombian plants grown outdoors in Colombia fade because they aren't grown to their full potential. Got it, now I understand.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
i try to feed to only what they will use til next watering. If i stop feeding the plants would be bright yellow in a week under the lights.

When i mess up i am amazed how soon they show deficiencies.

No offence because you are a pro. But IMGE, if your leaves turn yellow that quickly in late flower with no additional NPK you’ve failed to develop proper roots, stems, leaves, plant health in general. ✌️

I’ve had zero decencies. This run. Zero issues other than a late supercrop due to stretch. Oh ya. And the TMV/ variegation on 1

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So the 15- foot tall Colombian plants grown outdoors in Colombia fade because they aren't grown to their full potential. Got it, now I understand.

you can grow those plants more potent in a greenhouse with little fade.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No offence because you are a pro. But IMGE, if your leaves turn yellow that quickly in late flower with no additional NPK you’ve failed to develop proper roots, stems, leaves, plant health in general. ✌

I’ve had zero decencies. This run. Zero issues other than a late supercrop due to stretch. Oh ya. And the TMV/ variegation on 1

Thats rediculous and your tmv is more likely a root or transfer issue in that plant. Having trouble with micro nutes.

Overfeeding is why plants stay green without nutes if you feed every water time.

and i am no pro. Just a small medical grower. The root aphids decimating my garden and income prove that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom