spin pro trimmer

• Thread starter KUSHMAN901
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Despite what some people claim all trim machines are trichrome smashers and nug buzzers. They are fast no doubt, but they can never match the precision of a human being. They can work well for that first de-leafing of the water leaves if you are careful with them and do not allow anything to come into contact with the buds but trimming buds down all the way with them does damage them quite a bit. Plus with a lot of these machines, like the Trim Reaper you end up having to dry on screens which further degrades the trichromes.

The number one rule for preserving the quality of your buds is to NEVER TOUCH THEM - not until they are dry. Tossing them into a machine that is going to knock them around and cause physical contact with the entire surface of the buds before they are dried, and then placing them on screens to dry will damage your trichromes and your buds.

Of course they manufacturers and retailers of the machines will deny this to no end. Personally I have never been impressed with the buds from trim machines, even the high end ones, but my standards are probably higher than most. Not to mention the fact that these machines take jobs and money out of the local economy and are putting quite a few people out of work, but that is a rant for another day.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Let us know how it works for you lost.. I too am a one man army and need something seriously bad!! Keep me posted!!

L

Lost

Also when the buds are wet, its kinds hard to knock the trics off. They are more of a gooey mess rather than a dried out tric that is brittle and c an fall off. Ill report back in a bit when I harvest..

M

mrdizzle

Despite what some people claim all trim machines are trichrome smashers and nug buzzers. They are fast no doubt, but they can never match the precision of a human being. They can work well for that first de-leafing of the water leaves if you are careful with them and do not allow anything to come into contact with the buds but trimming buds down all the way with them does damage them quite a bit. Plus with a lot of these machines, like the Trim Reaper you end up having to dry on screens which further degrades the trichromes.

The number one rule for preserving the quality of your buds is to NEVER TOUCH THEM - not until they are dry. Tossing them into a machine that is going to knock them around and cause physical contact with the entire surface of the buds before they are dried, and then placing them on screens to dry will damage your trichromes and your buds.

Of course they manufacturers and retailers of the machines will deny this to no end. Personally I have never been impressed with the buds from trim machines, even the high end ones, but my standards are probably higher than most. Not to mention the fact that these machines take jobs and money out of the local economy and are putting quite a few people out of work, but that is a rant for another day.

hahah, I respect you viewpoint and your standards must be on another level, and no one would ever claim that a trim machine will take the place of a human hand and eye, trimming each pound for 10hrs. It def does a better job with small buds than a human could ever do.

you can refer to the pics I posted of perfectly trimmed bud caked in crystals, in over a year I have never ever ever ever ever had a single person question if my bud was hand trimmed, they all probably dont have your standard thou

M

mrdizzle

More work than the trim reaper, but im upgrading from scissors, lol..

I do plan on gettin a reaper, but medical bills have me in a bad spot right now..

I just read that you bought one, no doubt a step up from doing it by hand bro you will be happy either way

Blaze

Blaze

hahah, I respect you viewpoint and your standards must be on another level, and no one would ever claim that a trim machine will take the place of a human hand and eye, trimming each pound for 10hrs. It def does a better job with small buds than a human could ever do.

you can refer to the pics I posted of perfectly trimmed bud caked in crystals, in over a year I have never ever ever ever ever had a single person question if my bud was hand trimmed, they all probably dont have your standard thou

For the small buds they work great especially since the small stuff is such a PITA to trim and takes so long. Personally I think the best results I've seen with a machine was using a combination of the machine for the removal of the water leaves, then doing a hang-dry, followed by hand trimming for the final, fine trimming. It does depend on what you are going for though. Some people like the buzzed look so if that is what your market wants then screw it, use a machine. My personal preference is for a hand crafted product though.

L

Lost

It seems older people like the small leaves on and the younger folks like them trimmed. Kinda like a womans bush.. Older guys are still down for the forest, but younger folks like the manicured look..

Whatever flips your pancakes I guess..

Trim Scene

Trim Scene

Approved Vendor
Supporter
We get a lot of great feedback from our SpinPro customers. They have been a big hit here in the Emerald Triangle.
We are now carrying a couple new trimmers now that the SpinPro Powermatic is out of production.
The Pro-Cut Fast and the Pro-Cut Ultra. There is also a new Pro-Cut Fast XL that should be available within a couple weeks. These machines are very well made. Check them out.:004:
Pro Cut Trimmers

L

Lost

That procut fast looks like the business.. Can you PM me what you guys charge for that model?

I have been clicking your sponsor add like mad, you guys have the good stuff for sure :)

L

Lost

I just checked, holy crap! 1200?? Thats a great price! After my next harvest, i'll have to look into getting one.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I know it would knock off the trichs a little and beat hell out of my trimmings but man I want one of these too but so damn expensive. Someone needs to do a DIY

N

noone88

If you're going to get one of the salad-spinner types, get the pro cut fast. It doesn't hold as much as the trim reaper, but the pro cut fast works a lot faster due to the tilt design.

What has worked best for me is to hand manicure all the tops by hand. All the flowers from the middle of the plant and down can be done through the machine.

I'm saving for a Twister...

J

jakew215

It seems older people like the small leaves on and the younger folks like them trimmed. Kinda like a womans bush.. Older guys are still down for the forest, but younger folks like the manicured look..

Whatever flips your pancakes I guess..

hahahahahaha. thats fuckin great. i like mine de-stemmed/de-leaved/completely broken down before smoked. =) im not a nug stuffer.

i cant wait to have all yours' trimmin issues. lol.

C

Cheeseus

I know it would knock off the trichs a little and beat hell out of my trimmings but man I want one of these too but so damn expensive. Someone needs to do a DIY

Google has a DIY using a fan! Peace

M

mrdizzle

If you're going to get one of the salad-spinner types, get the pro cut fast. It doesn't hold as much as the trim reaper, but the pro cut fast works a lot faster due to the tilt design.

What has worked best for me is to hand manicure all the tops by hand. All the flowers from the middle of the plant and down can be done through the machine.

I'm saving for a Twister...

I dont see how that tilt factor saves you anytime, it takes about 3second to lift the grate out and dump it, I would be more worried with the trim spitting in the air due to the lack of lid, also the grate on the spinpro has wide gaps which means more bud sticks thru the grate and will get cut by the blades

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Okay, I'm about to fuck you guys up with some truth.

I see there have been a bunch of harsh reviews of the spinpro from previous users who did not learn how to use the machine before they posted their opinions. I just want to clear things up here for anybody conducting pre purchase research. I have personally used the spinpro trimmer for 6 months now and absolutely love it. It is the best trimmer under $1500 on the market and WAY better than any of the trim pros or the trim reaper. But, there is a learning curve and you do have to do a bit of touch up.

Step 1: remove all fan leaves. Step 2: remove all buds from main stems leaving no colas larger than a few inches in length max. Step 3: trim all like sized buds together (don't trim big buds with small buds). When trimming only spin CLOCKWISE, going back and forth damages the gears and buds! Step 4: Spin for 60 rotations. Step 5: Touch up all the med/large sized buds spending 3-5 seconds on each one. Popcorn is fine as is with no touch up needed. Step 6: go outside and enjoy the many hours of your day the spinpro just saved you. Step 6: Make AWESOME hash from your trim. (To the guy who said the trim is wasted and bubble hash is out of the question...you're way off base and I had to really bite my tongue to not use an ad hominem when I saw the misinformation on this machine you had posted. I really hope people make it to page 4 before dismissing this awesome machine.)

I have compared my results to my friend's trim reaper many times and my spinpro trim job is superior to his and for 1/3 the price. In fact, he recently sold his trim reaper on craigslist and bought a knock off spinpro on ebay. If you are considering buying a knock off spin pro, make sure it is one that has a wire blade rather than the flat knife blade style. The simple piano wire blades do the best job. Also note that you must clean/replace the wire blades frequently and keep the grate clean between harvests. I remove the grate from the gear box and dunk it in a half citrus cleaner half water solution overnight after each full day of trimming.

The spinpro trimmer is the only way I can be a self sufficient caregiver since I can't afford to pay $20/hr per man for a trim crew, or deal with the logistics of trim parties. And, my medicine still fetches 250/oz, 900/qp easily. So, I must be doing something right.

Top Bottom