spin pro trimmer

• Thread starter KUSHMAN901
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Oh yeah, pics. Clockwise from top left: Killer Queen, Sage, Diesel, Lifesaver.

Spinprobuds
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
great pics greenthumbbill im gonna pick one of these up

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

With only reading a few post. Every one seems to have there IMO.

So simply i own one. Research for a trimmer that did not hurt the pocket much. Also something that looks fairly nice at the end too.

NO trimmer can replace a hand trim. you might have a few buds that will need a quick touch up.

Over all i recommend them. I turn mine 12 time one way then 12 time the other way. No more, then hand trim the few bud witch might be 9 snips out of 40 bud i had to trim,

OH almost for got..... I then place them on the drying net.

M

MoneyMike

I say it's great for you if u have to do it by yourself, but if u half a great team that's been helping you that would be somewhat harsh if you will be replacing them in this hard time. My opinion doesn't pay your bills but think about who you will be cutting out over time.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

On average what is the output per hour? I mean not killing yourself but moving along at a steady pace.

the rrock

the rrock

Okay, I'm about to fuck you guys up with some truth.

I see there have been a bunch of harsh reviews of the spinpro from previous users who did not learn how to use the machine before they posted their opinions. I just want to clear things up here for anybody conducting pre purchase research. I have personally used the spinpro trimmer for 6 months now and absolutely love it. It is the best trimmer under $1500 on the market and WAY better than any of the trim pros or the trim reaper. But, there is a learning curve and you do have to do a bit of touch up.

Step 1: remove all fan leaves. Step 2: remove all buds from main stems leaving no colas larger than a few inches in length max. Step 3: trim all like sized buds together (don't trim big buds with small buds). When trimming only spin CLOCKWISE, going back and forth damages the gears and buds! Step 4: Spin for 60 rotations. Step 5: Touch up all the med/large sized buds spending 3-5 seconds on each one. Popcorn is fine as is with no touch up needed. Step 6: go outside and enjoy the many hours of your day the spinpro just saved you. Step 6: Make AWESOME hash from your trim. (To the guy who said the trim is wasted and bubble hash is out of the question...you're way off base and I had to really bite my tongue to not use an ad hominem when I saw the misinformation on this machine you had posted. I really hope people make it to page 4 before dismissing this awesome machine.)

I have compared my results to my friend's trim reaper many times and my spinpro trim job is superior to his and for 1/3 the price. In fact, he recently sold his trim reaper on craigslist and bought a knock off spinpro on ebay. If you are considering buying a knock off spin pro, make sure it is one that has a wire blade rather than the flat knife blade style. The simple piano wire blades do the best job. Also note that you must clean/replace the wire blades frequently and keep the grate clean between harvests. I remove the grate from the gear box and dunk it in a half citrus cleaner half water solution overnight after each full day of trimming.

The spinpro trimmer is the only way I can be a self sufficient caregiver since I can't afford to pay $20/hr per man for a trim crew, or deal with the logistics of trim parties. And, my medicine still fetches 250/oz, 900/qp easily. So, I must be doing something right.

thanks for posting this as ive been looking for a decent trimmer that was reasonably priced

phenotyper

phenotyper

Hey going to revive this thread. I'm thinking of getting a TrimPro because my bottleneck right now is my trimming speed and I often hold off on putting too many plants into flower because, as a one man op, my life can get pretty busy. BGHydro has them for $439, which sounds like a decent price given that

Couple of questions:

1) I always hang my buds by the stem. Since they are cut off, I'll have to use drying screens. Does anyone find this adverse? I would think this could cause bud compression and trichome loss by lying on the screen.

2) How often do the parts need to be replaced? Are they expensive?

Thanks, thinking of grabbing one of these right away.

H

hedster44

I have been interested in these too. I just never wanted to take the chance of sacrificing beautiful buds that I could hand trim to a possible nug mangling trimmer. But if anyone else has any info that would be sweet.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What is the difference in trim quality if you have it "full" of bud, prepped of course, compared to say a half oz in it? I mean is there a difference in the final product if you don't fill it? I don't like having buds with flat spots from screens but whatever if it saves me from hooking friends up for helping. I too am a one couple team, with the occasional help from friends. So rather than stretching my harvest out over a couple days I wouldn't mind getting one of those collapsible hanging screen jobbies and use the spinpro type stainless steel version. Do they munch your stuff? Are the blades adjustable height wise?

Cheers,
Crom

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
buds look fine plenty of trichs as well. as long as u flip them the 1st 2 days u wont have flat spots. i only trim the lower stuff with it and hand trim all my colas as well as secondary colas bags look great. i use the spinpro its worth every penny. found whats working good for me is i de leaf on the plant, by this i mean all the fans and smaller fans with stems i pull down on and remove before i cut the buds from the plant. as long as the plant isnt dried out the remove quite easily, takes about 5 mins or so per plant. I hang them for about 6 days the peices in the rack dry quicker but when u add the buds that are hanging after a day in the bag together they even out. also i only cut the buds off right before im gonna put them in the machine. if u precut to much and pile them on eachother while your waiting they will flatten out the bottom of the pile buds and the machine will not do a good job trimming those. 2 lbs 2 people takes about 3-4 hours one guy running machine one guy trimming colas.

pic of some nugs run thru it

Copper65day
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Thanks for the pic and the info KT! So those are nugs that went through the spin pro, what machine is taking the buds down too far? twister?

dirk d

dirk d

i am also a 1 man team and just finished 15 hours of hand trimming. the more i look into the trimming machines the more i cant see how it could even come close to a hand trim. i dont want to lay my buds on a screen and if i have to prep all my buds what the hell is the point? i normally spread my harvest over a week so it makes it more bearable. i just cant see the point of trying to save a couple hours after spending months with my girls. just my opinion.

S

Shankapotomus

I too am interested in a trimmer as I am just to damn old to waste a day trimming. Found this thread very informative.
Looks like I am leaning towards the Pro Cut Fast for most of the work. Might hand trim a few of the larger top stuff as premium, but for the most part I'll tell my people, quit looking at it and smoke the shit.
:passingjoint:​

R

Reddingbigbud

Trim reaper

If I were you I would invest in a trim reaper. I personally am one of the only four guys that hand assemble them in the united states.they work a lot better than you would think for a power trimmer.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I just got a SpinPro and I'm harvesting in a few days. I'll post pictures of how well it works!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I just got a SpinPro and I'm harvesting in a few days. I'll post pictures of how well it works!

Great thanks phenotyper. Can you do a power point presentation too? lol jk I'm interested in weather or not it's worth the money to use on the medium to small to popcorn buds mostly. I don't mind trimming a large cola. I want a Spin pro trimmer so far. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Crom

S

ScrOGer

It seems older people like the small leaves on and the younger folks like them trimmed. Kinda like a womans bush.. Older guys are still down for the forest, but younger folks like the manicured look..

Whatever flips your pancakes I guess..

LMFAO!!! Nice one. I know i chimed in late on that, but seriously funny!

I say it's great for you if u have to do it by yourself, but if u half a great team that's been helping you that would be somewhat harsh if you will be replacing them in this hard time. My opinion doesn't pay your bills but think about who you will be cutting out over time.

I have 2 spinpro machines, and i still hook up my friends to help. I have 1 person who takes down fan leaves and helps chop from the scrog, 1 person to cut down the buds from the branch and sort them to size, then 1 person to spin with me. We change up the roles every now and then, and power through it. 3-4 friends for a day or two, is a good time. Grill a bit, drink some beers/wine and puff and listen to music.

i am also a 1 man team and just finished 15 hours of hand trimming. the more i look into the trimming machines the more i cant see how it could even come close to a hand trim. i dont want to lay my buds on a screen and if i have to prep all my buds what the hell is the point? i normally spread my harvest over a week so it makes it more bearable. i just cant see the point of trying to save a couple hours after spending months with my girls. just my opinion.

See the pic below. GDP run through the spinpro. I missed a piece of leaf on this one, but it's purple:) so it adds to the bag appeal :D lol There is a little depression from the hanging screens. but i dont think it looks bad at all. I have pretty high standards too.

Great thanks phenotyper. Can you do a power point presentation too? lol jk I'm interested in weather or not it's worth the money to use on the medium to small to popcorn buds mostly. I don't mind trimming a large cola. I want a Spin pro trimmer so far. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Crom

We will always trim the fatties by hand. that is the goal at the end of the tunnel. When we blow through the small stuff. i break out a few more joints and we get to personal trimming of the colas.

GDP Kush 4gDry
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah i love the thing still going strong. all colas u just trim by hand and the bag appeal looks great. after a few days of it being dry and chuck parts of leaf not cut down to the bud, become brittle and break off in the bag.

Top Bottom