Split Plants Stems For Extra Resin Production

• Thread starter nikson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
...And don’t think for a minute there isn’t some sick sonofabitch sitting in his basement with a plant and a blowtorch pushing an immune response lol
Lol! Let us know what it does!!

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

...And don’t think for a minute there isn’t some sick sonofabitch sitting in his basement with a plant and a blowtorch pushing an immune response lol
Google karrakins and redesign this test for them! I've always wanted to do that lol.

Ina

Ina

Could it be something else instead of splitting?like loop the bark or just cut the main stem a little?May be it should be done on the main stem to make some difference?

nikson

nikson

hello farmers
I split up the other plants. i can say that from the day i'm going to split every plant two weeks before harvest. The split is made near the ground and there is a significant increase in the resin and white snow covering the plant. The timing is important and the location of the split. it did not harm the plant. Just the opposite, I saw that the flower became beautiful and filled with oil. I just stuck a screw for each of them close to the ground in the stem center. (2 weeks - 3 weeks before harvest)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

hello farmers
I split up the other plants. i can say that from the day i'm going to split every plant two weeks before harvest. The split is made near the ground and there is a significant increase in the resin and white snow covering the plant. The timing is important and the location of the split. it did not harm the plant. Just the opposite, I saw that the flower became beautiful and filled with oil. I just stuck a screw for each of them close to the ground in the stem center. (2 weeks - 3 weeks before harvest)
Hope you took a before and after picture?

Reactions: Ina
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

hello farmers
Describe to me how you saw the increase in resin. What do you mean by the flowers filled with oil? What are you saying changed with the white snow on the plant?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Resin Increases more when plants reach maturity, maybe splitting helps because of the stress but I doubt it. Cold temps will give u better results on the resin production

Madbud

Madbud

I couldn’t resist. Heres a mature shrub that i did a split stem on a month ago, possibly why theres a split developing on the main stalk(thats one piint for the guy who said not to damage a good plant). Anyway i stated with a narrow woodscrew that did nothing so i went with a 9/16th lag bolt to get a split. Only a couple days til chop anyway.

3935A589 A47B 44D4 A51E DE50B53F9E0C
73C76683 EB70 4BBC 97AD 1BA588307440
20F5ECAA 4937 434C B2B4 3E204225A4F5
C2E474E7 625F 4D9E A3CC 9540BAF53E02
Madbud

Madbud

Not gonna lie, its been 48 hours and i see a significant difference. The buds on this plant are absolutely glistening with new resin.

09E99022 6149 42DF AFB2 BE3CA259ECB7
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Not gonna lie, its been 48 hours and i see a significant difference. The buds on this plant are absolutely glistening with new resin.
It's hard to tell in peak flowering with a new cut. They can tend to spurt. Are you keeping any clones of these? Do you grow indoors ever? Are you going to test again? I'm all for anecdotal shit, just keeping it within the realms of anecdotal info. There are scientific ways to test hormone response in plants. It's not perfect but with legalization i hope we begin testing these things and watching for auxin or aba response. Anyways, always stay testing, my only advice is to monitor the inner parts of your buds for any early bud rot that can occur anytime a plant is damaged.

Madbud

Madbud

It's hard to tell in peak flowering with a new cut. They can tend to spurt. Are you keeping any clones of these? Do you grow indoors ever? Are you going to test again? I'm all for anecdotal shit, just keeping it within the realms of anecdotal info. There are scientific ways to test hormone response in plants. It's not perfect but with legalization i hope we begin testing these things and watching for auxin or aba response. Anyways, always stay testing, my only advice is to monitor the inner parts of your buds for any early bud rot that can occur anytime a plant is damaged.
Daily thing hunting cats, little dry brown spot, couple black dots and always a worm the size of a phonograph needle. Had 3 hanging from drying buds today too. Back on point, i’m thinking of splitting another, chopping all 3 girls this weekend. Never grew indoors other than seedlings, moderate success cloning for friends in June. This plant shows a handful of seeds, same as last years plants, which was where this one came from.

Top Bottom