Supporter
When am I going to see some Casey cookies pics? Lol was your more Casey leaning
They be a dryin'.

1027a

Of course I've sampled some uncured tasting material;
the chemDcookies are amazing,
and the CaseyCookies are fantastically amazing;
I can safely say they are both the best plants I've ever grown--
I am so glad I broke down and bought seeds for the first time in my life...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

They be a dryin'.

View attachment 453247
Of course I've sampled some uncured tasting material;
the chemDcookies are amazing,
and the CaseyCookies are fantastically amazing;
I can safely say they are both the best plants I've ever grown--
I am so glad I broke down and bought seeds for the first time in my life...
Blessed harvest bro! Right On!

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
The day after the last plant came out it rained,
for the first time all season--
couldn't have worked-out better...
...for drying/curing too;
last year it was ~100 degrees with ~10% humidity and Santa Ana Winds,
and I had two humidifiers runnin' full time--
and that wasn't enough...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
It looks so empty now! Do you cover crop or anything like that during the winter?
I plan to get your grocery store cover crop seeds--
what's that shopping list again???

===================================

Part Too: #'s 25 to 48 were all taken a bit early;
I told the next-door homeowner the "smell" would be gone by Halloween--
and the new renters appeared to have stayed...

HarvestToo

StrainMaker

StrainMaker

I love the smell of terpenes in the morning. It smells like, smells like. . victory!
the KK by Privada Reserva has the weakest stems, growing sideways, two clones are broken arms. Advanced Nutrients is the best I have used. Especially for OG's. Also BT every four days under leaves, Caterpillar NOT getting a single leaf. Bubba K, day 25, Kandy K just began flowering, day 14. I estimated as these were on terrace. Follow the trichomes I harvest Indica Og's as late as possible, Sativa's no more.
3 Kandy Kush, 2 Bubba Kush, all cleaned up, neem/Bt, and under 400w Super HPS.
Legally grown under Prop 215 by a CA Medical Marijuana Patient. 420 compliant.

3 Kandy 11 2 14
2 BubbaKush HumboldtSeed 11 2 14
KandyKush 11 2 14
KandyKush 11 2 14
Last edited:
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I plan to get your grocery store cover crop seeds--
what's that shopping list again???
I remembered something about Meadow Nerds:
Fen Geeks or somethin';
ah no, that's Fenugreek...
... I'll try that,
an' maybe--
anise stars, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, celery, chilli, dill, chia seeds and flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and peas...
==========================================================
"As an experiment, I wondered if I could grow any plants for free from our kitchen cupboards.

I raided the spice rack and found anise stars, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and two types of mustard seeds. If you have them, you could also use caraway, celery, chilli, dill, and fenugreek.

Of course the seeds need to be whole rather than ground. The fennels in the fennel seed tea had started to decompose and were powdery due to their age.

In the back of the cupboard I collected chia seeds and flaxseeds – remnants of my recent health kick. I already know the organic flaxseeds are fertile. I sometimes make flaxseed tea; you pour hot water over a tablespoon of seeds and leave it in the fridge overnight. Drain the seeds off and throw them in the garden. Drink the remaining ‘tea’. It contains essential fatty acids and is great for your skin and settling an upset tummy.

You could also try sowing sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. Sunflower seed is ideal as a cover crop — look for it in bulk at the grocery shop as bird seed. Sunflowers have long tap roots and they are great for breaking up compacted soil prior to planting. You can feed the flower heads to the chickens when you are finished.

I mixed all the seeds up and added some expired packets of herbs and flowers into an empty cardboard tea box. I was aiming for a beneficial bug – spice – herb mix, which I then planted in various bare patches around the garden.

Indian and Asian grocery stores could be a good source of seeds as you can buy the spices in bulk bags. We buy our cumin (and cinnamon) like this to save money.

If you are going to buy seeds from the grocery store to sow, then I would look for organic ones. You want to avoid storing your spice seeds near the oven as the heat will destroy them. Seeds which are stored out of sunlight in a dry place will be the most viable. Herb and spice seeds do best planted where you want them to remain.
Have you had any luck with free seeds from your kitchen cupboard?"

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I love it! Great list for me to start off with.

One caveat, chia grows almost as tall as amaranth, making it not such a good cover crop. That said, the bees LOVE all the pollen it drops, so it's a great plant to have for pollinators.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Wild Chia around here only grows about a foot or two!!!

I'll leave-out the sunflowers (wrong time-of-year),
and the star anise--
(I don't like the smell of licorice)...

Top Bottom