I pruned to current topping-level/canape development Tuesday--
this is from today...

Feedback1

Feedback2

Feedback3

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know if you recall, but my mother really has a thing for plumeria. Can't grow them anymore out in the high dez, but she used to have some gorgeous sticks.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
She'll have more,
Gong gave me a new real purdy red cut that's rooting;
I've got the "classic" color,
if I'd put 'em in the ground 25 years ago--
they'd be 25 foot trees now...

Plume1

...and here's a neglected one she can have,
lotta cuttings there--
and the rooted mother...

PlumeToo

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not sure they'll grow in the high desert, might have to put them in a greenhouse. It's not so much the heat as the wind. I'll ask her when I see her in a couple of days, we're heading back down south again this week, gonna stay for a week.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Yesterday was a sad day. We lost a good person, friend, farmer, husband.
George suffered a fatal heart attack or stroke yesterday.
Geroge thanks for everything. You was like the big brother I never had. We were only friends for a short time but it felt like a lifetime. Rest in peace.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
George loved the Grateful Dead. Nobody realized he passed away on the same day Jerry Garcia passed away exactly 21 years later.
I helped his wife water the gardens yesterday. There is still Geo's trail in the plants from pruning. I'm gonna do more pruning and top dressing this weekend.

tdarian

tdarian

Hi everyone, my name is Tom Darian and I have been a friend and neighbor of George's since we met in 1987. What a gem of a man!

Gong, I want to publicly thank you for stepping up and helping Manya continue the garden. Ditto to any other pharmers who are able and willing to help....meeting some of George's friends will be good medicine for Manya. It really means a lot.

Yes, George loved the Grateful Dead!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Let me publicly apologize for not making it out there today. I've been trying to get a vehicle lined up but no go.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do if I feel sorry about it, though. Appreciated, but still, I made an erroneous assumption that I'd have transportation.

Top Bottom