Sprouted Seed Tea (does This Really Work)?

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is pretty trippy and want to know if anyone has ever tried this and if so what were the results. Sounds like it should work. Peace

This is a great recipe I think you guys are really going to like. Have you heard of SST (Sprouted Seed Tea)? If not you can read about it here.

SST or Sprouted Seed Tea is where you take a bunch of seeds, generally of a fast growing plant like alfalfa, and you soak them in water overnight or so, then drain and keep them moist. In a few days they will sprout.

So now you have a whole bunch of seeds that are just starting to sprout. Once you see the roots start popping out, the seeds are really sprouting and sending out their earliest roots. At this time, they are packed with growth hormones as they struggle to get started growing. You are going to harvest those growth hormones and use them to give your plants a big boost. The growth hormones will trigger your plants to put energy into root development and plant growth which helps growth rate – add fertilizer at the same time to maximize growth rate in your plants. This is good stuff.

To make a traditional SST, you would get the seeds right as they have sprouted roots, about 1/4-1/2 in long. Collect all the seeds at this point and put them in a blender. Blend them up very well. Then just add this concoction to your water supply and water your plants.

Now say you want to store this mixture and use it a bit at a time on your plants. At the same time, you can enhance its effectiveness, so a little bit goes a long way. We’re going to ferment it!

Take your freshly sprouted seeds, but before throwing them in the blender, estimate their weight (or weigh them). Take 1/3-1/2 that weight in sugar (or volume molasses where 1ml=1gm). Add the sugar source to your sprouted seeds in the blender. Now blend them all up. Once that’s done, just add a little lacto and then seal the whole mixture up in an airtight container. Now ferment the whole thing for 3-6 weeks.

Now you have a great plant growth stimulant, saved for whenever you need it. Add it to the water when watering growing plants. You can add it at 1-2tbsp per gallon of feed water.

Here is the recipe in short form with pictures:

1. Gather a bunch of seeds, preferably of a fast growing plant like alfalfa. I’m just using bird seed cause it’s cheap but if I had access I would use alfalfa seeds.

Seeds ready to be sprouted

2. Soak seeds overnight in clean unchlorinated water.
3. The next day, drain seeds of water, but keep them moist. You can use a moist paper towel for this, cover the seeds with it and keep it moist

After soaking the seeds we keep them moist

4. After a few days, you should see white shoots start popping out of the seeds
5. When the young roots are around 1/4in long, they are ready for harvest. I’m quite late here but that’s ok.

You can see the shoots coming out a lot now

From the top you can also see some molds taking over too. That’s actually OK too, they look like a nice white non-pathogenic variety and will have just started the breakdown of the seeds into their baser nutrients.

After a few days the seeds sprout

6. Weigh out or estimate the weight of the bunch of sprouts
7. Get 1/3-1/2 that weight in sugar and add it to the sprouted seeds

Get 1/3-1/2 part sugar to blend with the seeds

8. Add this whole thing to a blender and blend it well. You can add a bit of water to facilitate blending. The water also helps dissolve the sugar. You can dissolve the sugar in the water before you start blending.

Now we add the seeds to blender with water and sugar

9. Add a bit of lacto, like 1-2tbsp per liter of mixture
10. Seal up this whole thing in an airtight container. Use an airlock or something as gas will be created during fermentation that needs to be let out, without letting air in.
11. Leave in a dark place for 3-6 weeks to let fermentation run its course. After fermenting it looks quite a bit more broken down.

Now we have our Fermented Sprouted Seed Tea (FSST)

Using the Growth Promoter
Add this growth promoter to your plant’s feed water at 1-2tbsp per gallon. Play around with more or less and report back your findings!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
you frequently post interesting stuff

thx for sharing

ps Ill give you 10 bucks if you drink that
@motherlode Thanks for the props. It really sounds like it should work. Sucks that it takes 3-6 weeks but heck if it really does improve growth and vigor I'm in......... I will try it on my next run with a few strains I have already worked to see if there is anything to write home about. Will keep you all posted. Respect

PS not sure bout drinking it . You 1st......o_O

HGW562

HGW562

I use it in throughout the life of the plant and I do believe it makes a difference in growth structure. More robust growth overall. The fermentation process is more to store the SST but it is not necessary, you can sprout the seeds, blend them and add the tea to the soil immediately or store it in ice cube trays and dissolve it when needed. This along with em1, coconut water, aloe Vera and silica have been game changers in my garden.

Tnelz

Tnelz

This is pretty trippy and want to know if anyone has ever tried this and if so what were the results. Sounds like it should work. Peace

This is a great recipe I think you guys are really going to like. Have you heard of SST (Sprouted Seed Tea)? If not you can read about it here.

SST or Sprouted Seed Tea is where you take a bunch of seeds, generally of a fast growing plant like alfalfa, and you soak them in water overnight or so, then drain and keep them moist. In a few days they will sprout.

So now you have a whole bunch of seeds that are just starting to sprout. Once you see the roots start popping out, the seeds are really sprouting and sending out their earliest roots. At this time, they are packed with growth hormones as they struggle to get started growing. You are going to harvest those growth hormones and use them to give your plants a big boost. The growth hormones will trigger your plants to put energy into root development and plant growth which helps growth rate – add fertilizer at the same time to maximize growth rate in your plants. This is good stuff.

To make a traditional SST, you would get the seeds right as they have sprouted roots, about 1/4-1/2 in long. Collect all the seeds at this point and put them in a blender. Blend them up very well. Then just add this concoction to your water supply and water your plants.

Now say you want to store this mixture and use it a bit at a time on your plants. At the same time, you can enhance its effectiveness, so a little bit goes a long way. We’re going to ferment it!

Take your freshly sprouted seeds, but before throwing them in the blender, estimate their weight (or weigh them). Take 1/3-1/2 that weight in sugar (or volume molasses where 1ml=1gm). Add the sugar source to your sprouted seeds in the blender. Now blend them all up. Once that’s done, just add a little lacto and then seal the whole mixture up in an airtight container. Now ferment the whole thing for 3-6 weeks.

Now you have a great plant growth stimulant, saved for whenever you need it. Add it to the water when watering growing plants. You can add it at 1-2tbsp per gallon of feed water.

Here is the recipe in short form with pictures:

1. Gather a bunch of seeds, preferably of a fast growing plant like alfalfa. I’m just using bird seed cause it’s cheap but if I had access I would use alfalfa seeds.

Seeds ready to be sprouted

2. Soak seeds overnight in clean unchlorinated water.
3. The next day, drain seeds of water, but keep them moist. You can use a moist paper towel for this, cover the seeds with it and keep it moist

After soaking the seeds we keep them moist

4. After a few days, you should see white shoots start popping out of the seeds
5. When the young roots are around 1/4in long, they are ready for harvest. I’m quite late here but that’s ok.

You can see the shoots coming out a lot now

From the top you can also see some molds taking over too. That’s actually OK too, they look like a nice white non-pathogenic variety and will have just started the breakdown of the seeds into their baser nutrients.

After a few days the seeds sprout

6. Weigh out or estimate the weight of the bunch of sprouts
7. Get 1/3-1/2 that weight in sugar and add it to the sprouted seeds

Get 1/3-1/2 part sugar to blend with the seeds

8. Add this whole thing to a blender and blend it well. You can add a bit of water to facilitate blending. The water also helps dissolve the sugar. You can dissolve the sugar in the water before you start blending.

Now we add the seeds to blender with water and sugar

9. Add a bit of lacto, like 1-2tbsp per liter of mixture
10. Seal up this whole thing in an airtight container. Use an airlock or something as gas will be created during fermentation that needs to be let out, without letting air in.
11. Leave in a dark place for 3-6 weeks to let fermentation run its course. After fermenting it looks quite a bit more broken down.

Now we have our Fermented Sprouted Seed Tea (FSST)

Using the Growth Promoter
Add this growth promoter to your plant’s feed water at 1-2tbsp per gallon. Play around with more or less and report back your findings!
I really enjoy ur recent posts brother. Bringing that knowledge. I've been running sst for about a month and a half now and I can say I will continue the process. I've used heirloom peas, alfalfa and corn. Pretty much the same way u r doing it. Actually using Clackamas coots exact recipe. Haven't made a ferment yet but plan to do so. I've been adding the sst to microbial teas and my ladies have never looked better. Could be a bunch of things but I've always been on the bennie train. Recently couple of months have been working with enzymes as well and just really like how my plants respond. So much respect bro. I do believe u will see ur girls go nuts after adding ur sst. I'm Def a believer. Would love to add whatever I can to the thread. Respect.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Tnelz -- corn? Esplain us more, please.
Where can one find a lacto source or is it naturally occuring @jumpincactus
i have a lb of alfalfa seed but i like the long term storage method best.
Sourdough starter is a source of lactobacillus. My starter is getting VERY sour now, which indicates a higher level of lactobacillus and other lactic acid generating bacteria. Leavens my bread pretty well! Either way, these bacteria are floating around in the wild, on all kinds of surfaces, etc. All they need is the right food and conditions.

Top Bottom