Spurlunking in the Ka$h Kave...All are welcomed to dive in!!!

• Thread starter JKash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sudshead

Hello - for that new light i think you mentioned the led bars are not easy to space in terms of preset locations. If they are adjustable I would think that would be good. Instead of evenly spacing them - I would think more bars to the outside area which would allow you to better adjust the ppfd spread to get it more uniform instead of higher in the center of the plant area.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Hello - for that new light i think you mentioned the led bars are not easy to space in terms of preset locations. If they are adjustable I would think that would be good. Instead of evenly spacing them - I would think more bars to the outside area which would allow you to better adjust the ppfd spread to get it more uniform instead of higher in the center of the plant area.
Wouldn't I be focusing more light concentrations to the sides...therefore creating light stress.... I have 6ft in height to play with so ideally evenly spaced lighting in my head makes more sense

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Not gonna lie I just went on amazon and found something I could afford... I didn't really know what I was getting....

That being said... do you want to press flower to get high quality rosin wasting good flower... or do you want quantity with decent quality using all your trim.... that being said need a 20 ton press that has the bigger plates to press an ounce or 2....

For smaller I just got a resineer presso pro on amazon... 1500 hydraulic electric press... only has timer and heat settings for plates.... it's size of a mr coffee maker

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Pro tip, never leave them plugged in when not In use, mine got burned up when a bad storm come through and knocked the power out!!!
So I had an issue using it my 2nd time.... I forgot to power off because I was stoked over having a good press for the 1st time... yup left on for about a week🤦🤦🤦

passed the Kash proof test🤣

At work I had a nick name
Clum. C

my initials are JK... but cant have 2 JKs on schedule so I was J.C.

Long story short clums C was my new name...

I already mentioned I smacked the crap out of Banner 2

S

sudshead

Wouldn't I be focusing more light concentrations to the sides...therefore creating light stress.... I have 6ft in height to play with so ideally evenly spaced lighting in my head makes more sense
I think the key item is the bars as you move toward the edge of the tent are not aligned properly. If I get an led bar setup - im going to play with that and see if I can get ppfd even across the canopy, Dont think anyone has done this

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I think the key item is the bars as you move toward the edge of the tent are not aligned properly. If I get an led bar setup - im going to play with that and see if I can get ppfd even across the canopy, Dont think anyone has done this
Well here is the thing the bars are set apart... even so with the light spread on each bar it's gonna always have the higher concentrations in the middle.... to get that even spread you would just have keep infinitely adding more light bars... it's just simple physics

Look at the square led grow lights.... hps/mh... plasma... all ppfd is always strongest at your center focal point....

S

sudshead

I think at the least it can be mitigated to eliminate wasted light - I am possibly going to buy the same light you bought and space it and measure then I will tweak it and measure - only have an iphone to measure but good enough to see change. I have a 600 cmh now in tent and going to do a run with that as its still cold here but in the summer I could use an led instead of the cmh so that will be the time to buy and test. Might not be worth the incremental gain bu tweaking it but if it works it could be a selling point if a company had it implemented. Need to do a patent search but realistically its a pain to fight patent infringement. Please let us know how it works compared to your old light. dont mean to hijack your thread

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I think at the least it can be mitigated to eliminate wasted light - I am possibly going to buy the same light you bought and space it and measure then I will tweak it and measure - only have an iphone to measure but good enough to see change. I have a 600 cmh now in tent and going to do a run with that as its still cold here but in the summer I could use an led instead of the cmh so that will be the time to buy and test. Might not be worth the incremental gain bu tweaking it but if it works it could be a selling point if a company had it implemented. Need to do a patent search but realistically its a pain to fight patent infringement. Please let us know how it works compared to your old light. dont mean to hijack your thread
To be honest I never used equipment to tell me light settings ppfd ...par...any of it.... for myself it's a waste of money on useless info i don't need to know... I've been growing before any of those devices were even invented....

The best piece of equipment to tell you what your plants needs is the plant itself

S

sudshead

To be honest I never used equipment to tell me light settings ppfd ...par...any of it.... for myself it's a waste of money on useless info i don't need to know... I've been growing before any of those devices were even invented....

The best piece of equipment to tell you what your plants needs is the plant itself
Understood - I tend to research things to death. When I was 14 I had a 56 chevy truck and the sun would always shine right between the visors. I added a sliding insert into the driver visor so I could slide it and block the sun. Like 40 years later they started showing up in cars. So im always messing with something. My grow tent I would flood with water for humidity and had a kiddie pool in it that would float. i put the plants in that and I could spin it to get to the plants in the back. I put a video of it on a forum and got reamed for hijacking the thread so a bit wary of posting stuff

Latest posts

Top Bottom