Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunasun

Sunasun

Heyy brotha thanks for carin. This is what I'm working with meow.
4x4 10 days into flower and another tent not really set up yet, that is hangin on to my 1st ever clones. Once these beans -> HERE arrive this week from Ontario, I plan to run them with the clones.
As for bigger yield, yes absolutely but I mainly meant that when I look at the colas he has, I just can't imagine ever having that. My 1st run I ended up with 4 plants that made 12.75 oz of popcorn. It was realllly good popcorn hah and I miss it dearly(cough f this dispensary shit) but it was a pain in the arse to trim and also made it much harder I think to have a slower dry here in AZ.

As for PPFD 😞 sad to say but I give up a lot trying to keep track because I don't have the funds for a way to accurately measure. Between the 2 apps(photone and ppfd meter) and a temp gun for leaf temps I have just been flying by "listening to the tips". I have the HLG Blackbird and supposedly it is closest to the r-spec. Even at 30-32" from the tops, at 50% I still seem to get the slightest tip burn. I want to "ride the line" so to speak but I just can't figure the light out as far as how people often have shit at full power and 16-20"ish away. I just don't see that with this light BUT unfortunately, I have already started to run out of room. I have the light about as high as it will go(give or take 2-3") and the Mimosa back right is now 29-30" from the light. It is what it is and I knew I was running a risk with 4 strains but any idea when I might expect stretch to slow down? I'm 10 days in and if for example this is only half way, I am .........
Here is both tents and a shot up their skirts.
You sound like a kitten.
Lol 😂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

12 days into flower. VPD in hostile range technically but this early into flower do I need to be concerned with high RH? They seem fine and if anything leaves seem to be praying in what I think is a food way.
So I tossed up a trellis at 12" above my screen. The Mimosa branches seemed to be swaying enough already from the fan to think I would be better off doing it sooner than later. Can always raise or lower it. Not sure how much defoliation to do but was thinking at 3 weeks in-ish, I would go at them with an attitude and give then a final cleanup.
Been waiting couple weeks for seeds from 7East and I think they arrive manana. My ultra mini purple dragon balls pheno hunt is nearing. Those plus the Alien Dragon bx1 and no doubt I will be breeding baby dragons some day. Maybe make a Purple Alien Kraken Dragon 🤣

20220905 130346
20220905 155918
20220905 155912
20220905 144925
20220905 144918
20220905 144912
20220905 144840
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

12 days into flower. VPD in hostile range technically but this early into flower do I need to be concerned with high RH? They seem fine and if anything leaves seem to be praying in what I think is a food way.
So I tossed up a trellis at 12" above my screen. The Mimosa branches seemed to be swaying enough already from the fan to think I would be better off doing it sooner than later. Can always raise or lower it. Not sure how much defoliation to do but was thinking at 3 weeks in-ish, I would go at them with an attitude and give then a final cleanup.
Been waiting couple weeks for seeds from 7East and I think they arrive manana. My ultra mini purple dragon balls pheno hunt is nearing. Those plus the Alien Dragon bx1 and no doubt I will be breeding baby dragons some day. Maybe make a Purple Alien Kraken Dragon 🤣
I run them in flower at 45-50%. This is the time that you can potentially begin to deal with ugly molds etc. The foliage is thicker and overlapping, holding moisture between the leaves. In veg I will run them as high as 60%. I always keep air moving both above and below my scrog top. Essential in both area’s. You may have to invest in a small dehumidifier, way too high in my humble opinion.
Week three is always my last defoliation so you are spot on but remove a bit weekly so you are not doing a major defoil all at one time on week three. No shocking da ladies, least they shock you!
Looking beautimous!!! 🥰

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I run them in flower at 45-50%. This is the time that you can potentially begin to deal with ugly molds etc. The foliage is thicker and overlapping, holding moisture between the leaves. In veg I will run them as high as 60%. I always keep air moving both above and below my scrog top. Essential in both area’s. You may have to invest in a small dehumidifier, way too high in my humble opinion.
Week three is always my last defoliation so you are spot on but remove a bit weekly so you are not doing a major defoil all at one time on week three. No shocking da ladies, least they shock you!
Looking beautimous!!! 🥰
Perfecto 💪 Operation Drop It Like It's Hot now commencing 🤗 and will get that RH down hell or high water

Neueregel

Neueregel

@PerfecTrader if you are having issues with lowering your RH, you might want to raise your exhaust fan up to 10. i run mine at 10 during flower i only do it this high as my RH would be way high and this keeps it around 50% RH

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@PerfecTrader if you are having issues with lowering your RH, you might want to raise your exhaust fan up to 10. i run mine at 10 during flower i only do it this high as my RH would be way high and this keeps it around 50% RH
Thanks my man. Honestly I just hadn't tried at all yet. I've made zero effort to drop RH cause for some reason I thought it was ok the 1st week or 2 of flower.
As for the exhaust at lvl 2. Yeah I'm just be a cheapskate. I will begin to turn it up a bit and it's good for 3-5 degrees drop. I also have a oscillating fan below the canopy pointing slightly up. With that and 12" fan pointing down, I seem to have good air flow through the canopy. I also have a 14k btu portable ac, humidifier, dehumidifier, fan but it is loud af and burns through alot of enery. I was going to wait till like week 4 or 5 to fire it up. I think 50 and 60 RH is pretty easy for me but 40ish is going to be a struggle. Also don't see how I won't have some serious juggling with 2 tents in the same room, 1 likely wanting real high RH while in veg as the other is in late flower and I'm trying to drop RH. Going to take a grow or 2 to see how tough it is. One thing is for sure, tomorrow we are going wolvy berzerk style and droppin these bad boys and girls

Screenshot 20220905 223043 Chrome
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

14 days of flower update. Cool to see the growth. Mimosa x Orange Punch has grown a good 20" in 2 weeks. Hope she takes a breather meow plz thanks but happy to say Blue Sunset Sherbert has finally gotten an invitation to the party. She has 1 flower that is almost to the screen after 2 frikkin weeks and she was already propped up 8" hah. Blueberry is even worse but also finally seems to have received the invite.
Was able to drop RH 10+ pretty easily and am hangin 50-60ish.

Sooo could use some advice if anyone can chime in please. It has been over a week of 24/0 light and no sign of roots from my clones in rapid rooters. I believe that might be normal but what probably isn't is that I took these clones a week into flower 🤫 and I don't know what happens meow. Since they were I guess already showing teeny pistils does that mean they will need to go through some sort of re-veg? I am not trying to grow these clones right now so definitely not trying to speed anything up, if anything I just want them to stay just like this until I tell them otherwise hah but I know that ain't how it goes. I expect that within another week or so I will have roots and then I will plant them in solo cups of just Happy Frog. Is there anything in particular to expect differently since I took the clones in flower and not veg?

20220907 120121

My clones have pistils 😮
20220907 115753
20220907 115727

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

14 days of flower update. Cool to see the growth. Mimosa x Orange Punch has grown a good 20" in 2 weeks. Hope she takes a breather meow plz thanks but happy to say Blue Sunset Sherbert has finally gotten an invitation to the party. She has 1 flower that is almost to the screen after 2 frikkin weeks and she was already propped up 8" hah. Blueberry is even worse but also finally seems to have received the invite.

Sooo could use some advice if anyone can chime in please. It has been over a week of 24/0 light and no sign of roots from my clones in rapid rooters. I believe that might be normal but what probably isn't is that I took these clones a week into flower 🤫 and I don't know what happens meow. Since they were I guess already showing teeny pistils does that mean they will need to go through some sort of re-veg? I am not trying to grow these clones right now so definitely not trying to speed anything up, if anything I just want them to stay just like this until I tell them otherwise hah but I know that ain't how it goes. I expect that within another week or so I will have roots and then I will plant them in solo cups of just Happy Frog. Is there anything in particular to expect differently since I took the clones in flower and not veg?

View attachment 1279314

My clones have pistils 😮
View attachment 1279316View attachment 1279315
Yup, expect them to take longer to root. They are showing no probs via leaves. I run my clones 18/6. Looking good! 🥰
Im tied up canning apples and peaches, catch up with ya soon!

Zombierider

Zombierider

View attachment 1279314

My clones have pistils 😮
View attachment 1279316View attachment 1279315
Dam those are some healthy looking plants bruh, you are DEF gonna get more than an elbow imo. Whats smell like? I bet its starting to get funky in there! Lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Dam those are some healthy looking plants bruh, you are DEF gonna get more than an elbow imo. Whats smell like? I bet its starting to get funky in there! Lol
It smells like I have 400 pot plants in my house. It actually has been a bit overboard. I haven't had the exhaust kicked up much but they were smelling early on in veg leading me to think it is actually more the soil than the plants ahhahhaa but check this shit out. I should return this below huh?

So I sent a pic to a friend and he said "why doesn't the clone hut get to share some of the heat mat" and I said cause it seemed awfuly hot when I first used it on them and I actually felt like ai Was burning them. He said wtf it should be like 75-85 so I check and this ain't right?

20220907 162348
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

yep mine was hot as hell too.
did you return it? I just checked and yeah this thing is bunk af and I am going to return

About this item​

• Reliable Results: The VIVOSUN professional heat mat maintains sweet-spot temperatures around 68-86℉(20-30℃), which is perfect for start seeding and cutting propagation; Made of high-quality PVC material, it is wear-resistant and durable to use

Zombierider

Zombierider

It smells like I have 400 pot plants in my house. It actually has been a bit overboard. I haven't had the exhaust kicked up much but they were smelling early on in veg leading me to think it is actually more the soil than the plants ahhahhaa but check this shit out. I should return this below huh?

So I sent a pic to a friend and he said "why doesn't the clone hut get to share some of the heat mat" and I said cause it seemed awfuly hot when I first used it on them and I actually felt like ai Was burning them. He said wtf it should be like 75-85 so I check and this ain't right?
Sup homie, Im inclined to think its not overheating, rather it gets that hot on the surface to be able to transmit that heat into the dome through the plastic basin. Try putting the heating mat underneath the dome as you would do, and then test the surface temp of the inside of the dome. Will probably not be so high. You can also put a lil themrometer in the dome to make sure it doesnt get over 80ish. Another solution is to get a heat mat controller. I got the vivosun heat mat controller, i set it to 80, and there is a pribe that i put in the dome which measures the temps. So if you dont have the controller i would get one. They also sell the combo heat mat with controller too,

Neueregel

Neueregel

did you return it? I just checked and yeah this thing is bunk af and I am going to return

About this item​

• Reliable Results: The VIVOSUN professional heat mat maintains sweet-spot temperatures around 68-86℉(20-30℃), which is perfect for start seeding and cutting propagation; Made of high-quality PVC material, it is wear-resistant and durable to use
no i didn't return it

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sup homie, Im inclined to think its not overheating, rather it gets that hot on the surface to be able to transmit that heat into the dome through the plastic basin. Try putting the heating mat underneath the dome as you would do, and then test the surface temp of the inside of the dome. Will probably not be so high. You can also put a lil themrometer in the dome to make sure it doesnt get over 80ish. Another solution is to get a heat mat controller. I got the vivosun heat mat controller, i set it to 80, and there is a pribe that i put in the dome which measures the temps. So if you dont have the controller i would get one. They also sell the combo heat mat with controller too,

hmm quite interesting but the surface temp sure moves up and down so if it shouldn't then for sure it is bunk.

What about this? Is it possible that the heat mat, being plugged into a 3 pronged heavy duty maybe 20 ft extension cord causes it to overheat? Do I need to plug heat mat directly into wall?

I got timer delivered yesterday for 2nd tent. The timer is built into a 8 slot power supply, 4 are on the timer and 4 are always on. I plugged mat into that and now this morning surface temp was 106, so 20 degree drop.

Either way I know I am not being patient but I don't like the feeling I have. I think I cooked my Purple Dragon Balls seeds to death 😞 When I put the beans in water for 12hr, 1 of them sank immediately and the others were fairly quick(within hours) to drop as well. I'm not sure, but I think that is a good sign that the seeds are fairly fresh and not old and dry. I would imagine an overly dry seed would have trouble sinking quickly. I say this just because I was thinking they would sprout real fast. But it has been like 18hrs and I peaked at the seeds and nothing. I just feel like the seeds looked so raring to go that had I not overheated them they would have already at least cracked. I have replacement mat coming today and will return this one. Worst comes to worst I return that and get one like you showed with probe and controls. I sure do think it is worth the cost. Just the piece of mind not to be sweatin it is well worth it and I need it for clones long-term as it gets surprisingly cold here in AZ in December with avgs for the month 45-66ish . I have 4 more PDB seeds as fail-safe but damnit I am going to be angry if I just dropped the ball, or I mean beans like this 😣 after having postponed perpetual grow just to wait on them

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Thanks my man. Honestly I just hadn't tried at all yet. I've made zero effort to drop RH cause for some reason I thought it was ok the 1st week or 2 of flower.
As for the exhaust at lvl 2. Yeah I'm just be a cheapskate. I will begin to turn it up a bit and it's good for 3-5 degrees drop. I also have a oscillating fan below the canopy pointing slightly up. With that and 12" fan pointing down, I seem to have good air flow through the canopy. I also have a 14k btu portable ac, humidifier, dehumidifier, fan but it is loud af and burns through alot of enery. I was going to wait till like week 4 or 5 to fire it up. I think 50 and 60 RH is pretty easy for me but 40ish is going to be a struggle. Also don't see how I won't have some serious juggling with 2 tents in the same room, 1 likely wanting real high RH while in veg as the other is in late flower and I'm trying to drop RH. Going to take a grow or 2 to see how tough it is. One thing is for sure, tomorrow we are going wolvy berzerk style and droppin these bad boys and girls
I haven't read through everything yet but wanted to tell you what I do to help fine tune rh with 2 grow areas. It's super simple but I notice if I place the intake vents ductwork on the dehumidifier side of the tent they'll suck in more of that warm dry air vs if I keep them on the ac side. I've got a few feet on duct hanging down the intake holes so I can just kinda swing them over the top. Also the dehu is a far away from the other grow area as possible. So i can leave that on high sucking most of that warm air into the flowering tent before it makes its way over to the closet i had the vegging plants in. The day of watering I'll swing the vents over to the dehu side vs the ac side and it'll help to drop rh more than if I kept them the other way.

Top Bottom