Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

That's been my method for controlling without scrog - this run I'm doing one plant scrog style so I'm sure everything I do will be completely different aside from the lollipop.

@PerfecTrader i did read up on his guide you posted and he does recommend to top the plant twice.
It’s so worth it! Depending on what you want from it. I want max take in minimum space.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

It’s so worth it! Depending on what you want from it. I want max take in minimum space.
yup BOOM I think that is the answer right there. Never is the Northern Scrogger limited by horizontal space because doesn't use tents. Big difference but he definitely has some good hands on tips and tutorials that are hard not to understand after a while

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yup. Gonna need a bigger boat for sure. Hope you have heavy string hah. Zoomed in or not those are swellin super nice and fast. You going to use a trellis to support them or some string? I am going to use my 4" for sure

Last edited:
C

Christos1974

Heya @Christos1974 and thank you. Cheers to a great harvest ahead yourself. 1974? 🤔 I was born that year, October 28 to be exact 💪
Ahhhhhahaha on the plant you named Nancy(that blood sucking tick). Is that the plant you posted that has flowers because the other grow looks like the 5 in the closet? So you have 2 separate places to grow, a closet and a tent? That's awesome we are both growin barneys mimosa x orange punch. I'm also growin the Blue Sunset Sherbert although it surely doesn't grow UP. Damn thing may end up never taller than a foot and is slowin my SCROG plans down 😂 If you have a SF2000 and also a HLG Diablo, you have some wicked good lighting and are completely set in my opinion. How long do you plan to keep the mimosa in veg for?
Hey bud, how's it going? Lol, tick is perfect! But no, the 3 that are flowering are the BubbleBOMB strains in a 4x4x8ft Gorilla Grow Tent(Diablo light), and the five smaller plants are in a 2x4 closet(sf2000), I plan on vegging from 4-6 weeks, if they remain manageable I'll veg for 6 weeks, if they have an explosion of growth like the BubbleBOMB than I'll have to flip the light quicker. Yup, 1974, lol, I'm 48 years old and wish I started sooner, I've learned so much in so little time and now I'm trying to dial it in and have a consistent harvest so I don't have to rely on dispensaries, but most importantly I do not want to grow a whole lot of weed, I want to grow smaller amounts of fantastic smoke, that's my goal and I appreciate advice and constructive criticism from everyone. Thanks and great growing to all.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Tried my hand at cloning for the 1st time. Took 2 each of all but the Blue Sunset Sherbert. She sucks lol naw but I surely don't need a clone of a plant that grows a foot high. Didn't get a 7ft tent so could grow shoebox sized plant. As long as the Mimosa x Orange Punch survives it will have been worth the effort/cost. Tomorrow will be 7 days into flower. I'm lookin forward to seeing the difference in pics from just a week. . Also gave Buttercup a real rodgering/undercarriage whack. RH still high due to so much vegetation transpiring. Air flow still solid though so no signs of any issues.

20220830 125330
20220830 131359
20220830 172114
20220830 172136
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Nice little happy home for the clomies
I hope they like it brotha. They survived their 1st evening of being orphaned 😶‍🌫️ so I am thinkin I like their odds 🤙

It has been 7 days of flower for the ladies in the tent. I think they really like the additional 6hr of RnR and I don't blame them. I took a pic last Wed and just now. I did quite a bit of canopy thinning yesterday but the growth is still noticeable. I have a crush on the Mimosa x Orange Punch in the back right. Go figure of my 4 different ladies that was the one that @CannaGranny said I would like most before I even germinated them. She has stretched a few clicks over an inch per day. Any weird lookin leaves or sites on the GRC x BBC bottom left were due to my attempts at FIM'ing 😞 Just like CG said, if I watered right I would have NO issues with pests and it would be a turnkey and foolproof way to grow dank. So far so good CG through veg and week 1, Check! As always ty and 🥰💪

Screenshot 20220831 080343 Gallery
20220831 101945
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Holy Mother of pearl. You've got yourself a mogwai right there boy. Must be very careful when feeding. Wow really awesome lookin cola. And day 34? That is insane. I'm not going to have 1 single bud like that wtf am I doing wrong grr ☹😡🐸
You growing the same thing on another thread?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

You growing the same thing on another thread?
No this my thread for my current 4x4 and he was just posting an update of his grow and I'm guakin over it. Unless I'm not followin ya clearly?

Last edited:
Neueregel

Neueregel

Holy Mother of pearl. You've got yourself a mogwai right there boy. Must be very careful when feeding. Wow really awesome lookin cola. And day 34? That is insane. I'm not going to have 1 single bud like that wtf am I doing wrong grr ☹😡🐸
thanks bud. i use gaia green all purpose and top dressed fed 2 weeks ago and just water 6.5 PH . now. i don't think you are doing anything wrong. maybe it's the strain. this it what my strain looks like with a scrog . this is not mine just a pic i found.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Ok I gotta get caught up. Sorry for the dufus question. I was just sorting by new comments and clicked on yours but didn’t look up or realize it was your thread.
Nooo not dufus at all. I'm confusing as heck and all over the place. I couldn't follow myself if I tried 😂

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So this is you now 7 days into flower, and looking for a bigger yield?

They seem pretty healthy. Any idea where your PPFD is, and what was it prior to the switch?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

So this is you now 7 days into flower, and looking for a bigger yield?

They seem pretty healthy. Any idea where your PPFD is, and what was it prior to the switch?

Heyy brotha thanks for carin. This is what I'm working with meow.
4x4 10 days into flower and another tent not really set up yet, that is hangin on to my 1st ever clones. Once these beans -> HERE arrive this week from Ontario, I plan to run them with the clones.
As for bigger yield, yes absolutely but I mainly meant that when I look at the colas he has, I just can't imagine ever having that. My 1st run I ended up with 4 plants that made 12.75 oz of popcorn. It was realllly good popcorn hah and I miss it dearly(cough f this dispensary shit) but it was a pain in the arse to trim and also made it much harder I think to have a slower dry here in AZ.

As for PPFD 😞 sad to say but I give up a lot trying to keep track because I don't have the funds for a way to accurately measure. Between the 2 apps(photone and ppfd meter) and a temp gun for leaf temps I have just been flying by "listening to the tips". I have the HLG Blackbird and supposedly it is closest to the r-spec. Even at 30-32" from the tops, at 50% I still seem to get the slightest tip burn. I want to "ride the line" so to speak but I just can't figure the light out as far as how people often have shit at full power and 16-20"ish away. I just don't see that with this light BUT unfortunately, I have already started to run out of room. I have the light about as high as it will go(give or take 2-3") and the Mimosa back right is now 29-30" from the light. It is what it is and I knew I was running a risk with 4 strains but any idea when I might expect stretch to slow down? I'm 10 days in and if for example this is only half way, I am .........
Here is both tents and a shot up their skirts.

20220903 184232
20220902 164032
Top Bottom