Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

lol. that's funny as hell. i was laughing the whole time viewing. Roxy does something like that when i park in the back and come to the gate she's in her crouch like position staring at me with her tug toy in her mouth. it's just so cool. she's a big baby.
Dogs are the fkin best. I like them more than most humans 😄

Neueregel

Neueregel

Hahaaaaahaa I just realized you are talking about pics from last grow that I posted 😆 I was just pointing out that scrog I made with the bamboo stakes because of you. I wish I was that far into the grow but naww gonna be a bit till see some baby bushes again.
Psyched to see your tent and mods once ready to drop it like its hot. Grabbeda few more tent buddies from back in the day. These lil fkrs are at least 40+ years old. Hopefully they will bring good juju and at worst are how I will know who is who.

Blue Sunset Sherbert is baby whale
GRC x BBC is a frog
Blueberry is a pig
Mimosa x Orange Punch is a hippo

Transplanted the blueberry and BSS just yesterday and fed all 4. Must have over done it a bit with GRC since appears a bit droopy but I am not shocked I over watered a bit.
Hah ok imagine this. Too funny. Look at the pic of the Blueberry that is missing half of a leaf. I was using the shop vac and cleaning up dirt on the ground and I sort of lost footing and grip at the same time. FLOOOOOOP I hear and yup got sooo lucky it did not eat the entire seedling. Was a close one and dodged small bullet for sure 😁
Hope you havin a good Sunday brotha. Keep easy and stay cool
hey man, that white thing you got in your tent is that a dehumidifier ?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

hey man, that white thing you got in your tent is that a dehumidifier ?
No just a 8L humidifier. Do like the feature called "constant humidity" where I can set in 5% increments from 40-90%. Also the timer where can set it to turn off after x amount of hours is nice. Was free so it is hard not to like despite its size. I found that I didn't need to far into veg though. These pots give off a ton of humidity on their own and I am going to likely have to employ a dehumidifier at this rate. Without humidifier on and just small desk fan on in there, I'm riding 82/67 t/rh and that won't fly in flower

Neueregel

Neueregel

No just a 8L humidifier. Do like the feature called "constant humidity" where I can set in 5% increments from 40-90%. Also the timer where can set it to turn off after x amount of hours is nice. Was free so it is hard not to like despite its size. I found that I didn't need to far into veg though. These pots give off a ton of humidity on their own and I am going to likely have to employ a dehumidifier at this rate. Without humidifier on and just small desk fan on in there, I'm riding 82/67 t/rh and that won't fly in flower
yeah i know what you mean i've been 78 T and 65% RH and i have a dehumidifier that i have in the room outside my tent but it sucks moisture from entire room including my pots so i shut it off.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yeah seems a constant battle. I got a used monster portable ac, fan, dehumidifier for 125 but only felt like needed it during flower to keep temps down. I made hole in attic door for the exhaust from this thing and from infinity exhaust
Honeywell MM14CCS 14000 BTU Portable AC, Dehumidifier, Fan for Rooms Up To 550-700 Sq. Ft. with Thermal Overload Protection, Washable Air Filter & Remote Control https://a.co/d/dKoxRFa

Neueregel

Neueregel

Hey all curious if i should clean them up again? I know canna you said you top after 4 and then after 2 and then a fim. i've already gone past the 2 node. can i top again.

20220719 124512
20220719 124517
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey all curious if i should clean them up again? I know canna you said you top after 4 and then after 2 and then a fim. i've already gone past the 2 node. can i top again.
you bud sorry for the delay. I am pretty sure @CannaGranny didn't get tagged. I just have a single grow under my belt but surely can take a shot at answering your question.

I think topping above the 4th node is just what you hear to be most common. Imagine smokin your fine finished product. What are the odds you would ever say "ehh this kinda tastes like was topped above the 5th node not the 4th, damn".
Topping and fimming and any other LST are all just ways to increase light exposure to node sights, and hopefully by doing so increasing yields. Don't forget though that every single time you top or fim, the buds on the resulting branches will become significantly smaller. You can see by this picture from last grow, that although things appear as though they are looking pretty good, by topping 3 times(3 of the 4) I ended up with a ton of popcorn nugs. I knew I was going to have smaller flowers but also that I would have more of them. So you can see how it really comes down to preference in a lot of cases but to answer your question and this is just my opinion but I would focus on spreading those branches out. Like anything that is growing vertically, each day try to make it grow horizontally a wee bit more. You have some seriously healthy leaf growth everywhere which means you have wicked solar panels working for you but there are so many that they are blocking TONS of light. It is easy to forget that it only takes a few leaves and poof, they canopied out light to everything below. They lookin fkin awesome to me and allowing light to lower sights is just going to increase yield. If you have already topped after 4th node, and now 2 more nodes have grown from there, I am not sure what I would do if was you. You can veg forever technically and can also top off more than just a node, so if you topped above 4th and wanted to above 6th but have 7, no problem cutting off a node+.
The GRCxBBC I am running, is like 2+ weeks older than the other 3 cultivars. I sort of did all I could to "slow-roll" it and cause it to grow slowly. I gave it too much light too early and that stunted it a bit which was fine. By the time I had 4 nodes, I was not ready to top at all. The 1st few node sites had leaves that would drop and touch the soil once I transplanted from solo to 5g. Leaves touching soil is a nono imo cause they are like a stool and step ladder for pests so I cut off the 1 finger leaf, 3 finger leaf, and 5 finger. It wasn't until at least 4 nodes higher than that I topped for 1st time. So good chance I topped at 7th or 8th node depending on how count them. I will let 1 node grow out(and pretend it is the 4th) and then top again over what would be the 6th(but is probably 10th), then I will fim.

20220426 142314
Neueregel

Neueregel

you bud sorry for the delay. I am pretty sure @CannaGranny didn't get tagged. I just have a single grow under my belt but surely can take a shot at answering your question.

I think topping above the 4th node is just what you hear to be most common. Imagine smokin your fine finished product. What are the odds you would ever say "ehh this kinda tastes like was topped above the 5th node not the 4th, damn".
Topping and fimming and any other LST are all just ways to increase light exposure to node sights, and hopefully by doing so increasing yields. Don't forget though that every single time you top or fim, the buds on the resulting branches will become significantly smaller. You can see by this picture from last grow, that although things appear as though they are looking pretty good, by topping 3 times(3 of the 4) I ended up with a ton of popcorn nugs. I knew I was going to have smaller flowers but also that I would have more of them. So you can see how it really comes down to preference in a lot of cases but to answer your question and this is just my opinion but I would focus on spreading those branches out. Like anything that is growing vertically, each day try to make it grow horizontally a wee bit more. You have some seriously healthy leaf growth everywhere which means you have wicked solar panels working for you but there are so many that they are blocking TONS of light. It is easy to forget that it only takes a few leaves and poof, they canopied out light to everything below. They lookin fkin awesome to me and allowing light to lower sights is just going to increase yield. If you have already topped after 4th node, and now 2 more nodes have grown from there, I am not sure what I would do if was you. You can veg forever technically and can also top off more than just a node, so if you topped above 4th and wanted to above 6th but have 7, no problem cutting off a node+.
The GRCxBBC I am running, is like 2+ weeks older than the other 3 cultivars. I sort of did all I could to "slow-roll" it and cause it to grow slowly. I gave it too much light too early and that stunted it a bit which was fine. By the time I had 4 nodes, I was not ready to top at all. The 1st few node sites had leaves that would drop and touch the soil once I transplanted from solo to 5g. Leaves touching soil is a nono imo cause they are like a stool and step ladder for pests so I cut off the 1 finger leaf, 3 finger leaf, and 5 finger. It wasn't until at least 4 nodes higher than that I topped for 1st time. So good chance I topped at 7th or 8th node depending on how count them. I will let 1 node grow out(and pretend it is the 4th) and then top again over what would be the 6th(but is probably 10th), then I will fim.
I am trying to spread my branches out as you can see on the plant on the right. it's just not growing to reach the others taller ones.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I am trying to spread my branches out as you can see on the plant on the right. it's just not growing to reach the others taller ones.
They are becoming monsters. Are they in the same size pots? And are there 2 total or 3?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

One of the things that most newbs forget about is that for explosive top growth you need a root system that can support it. Early stage root development is key when you're using a technique like scrogging where you're dividing up the Apical Dominance energy the plant has. By enlarging the mouth, the root system, you'll give the plant access to more water and nutrient to be able to power those bud sites to produce bigger colas. Of course, cultivar and genetics play a part but in general this holds true.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sunday update. Day 26 for 3 of them and 43 for Buttercup. So far so good. Watered them after 6 days. Slowly gave them 1/4 gal and then waited 15 min and gave 1/4 gal again. Will probably be 5 or 6 days again till feed. Topped the Mimosa x Orange Punch today(front right) and she seems way ahead of the Blueberry and Blue Sunset Sherbert as far as growth. For sure going to try my hand at cloning and this Mimosa is acting exactly why. Sprouted at same time as the Blue Sunset Sherbert yet has at least 2-3 more nodes. She just seems flawless so far. The Blueberry is ahead of Sherbert but way behind the Mimosa.
The GRC x BBC has some crazy large fan leaves. Every morning I come in and right when lights come on, she looks wilted and droopy and sad af from sleeping. Once lights on at 6 she immediately begins to perk up and is fine in hours but it is odd that the other 3 plants do not droop even the slightest. It is as if it is the only one that "sleeps" and looks like "weeps". Also their are 2 fan leaves, the largest of them and the middle finger fan leaf seems to "wrinkle" for lack of a better word. It is real obvious and if anyone has any idea what it means I am really curious.
The Blue Sunset Sherbert has some sketch lookin leaves but I am not even going to try to diagnose because I have given them all the same exact thing and the other plants seem real healthy so she is just going to have to figure it out on her own hah
Got a AV infinity s6 clip fan and wow I must say it is for sure the best clip fan out. Keep easy peeps

20220724 173757
20220724 173810
20220724 202252
20220724 173943
Zombierider

Zombierider

Bro you have the a6 fan? I'm super jealous lol that fan looks sweet. I gotta get one asap. Your girls are looking HEALTH-THY. Like for real, they are looking flawless my friend. And that one weird looking leaf, yeah dude I just hock it up to the plant doing it's thing. If it's just one leaf I'm not worried. The bigger they get the tougher they get and they will grow past any childhood issues I think. So,bravo, cant wait to see these blow-up. Are you gonna scrog it? Honestly I'm scared not to scrog, cuz the nugs just all get so damn even and dense with it I won't have it any other way. Except maybe sog if the laws change lol.
So when your gonna clone that mimosa, right before flip during the lollipop stage? Don't forget the clonex and a scalpel to split the stem and dip in cloning gel to really get those roots started. Oh, and I got a mascot for the tent, it's a little monkey I hand off the stem lol.

Happy growing homie!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey Neueregel! If you have already done your four node topping, which I believe you have and the new growth is up to three to four nodes, now is the time to top all the new nodes at node two. From there on you are good until a week prior to flipping to flower, then it’s fim time!
Im assuming that you plan to scrog? If so hit me up the day before you go to flower and please use my whole name so this forum will notify me. I completely missed your post!
Ladies are looking lovely!

Neueregel

Neueregel

First up, just earned herself two weeks of pure h2o. Grape Ape. Smells like a skunked bottle of cheap grape wine. My Daughter says it smells like a grape tootsie pop.. I on the other hand am glad she is not versed on the pungent scents of cheap wine. 😜
that's awesome some boones farm sounds good. lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

First up, just earned herself two weeks of pure h2o. Grape Ape. Smells like a skunked bottle of cheap grape wine. My Daughter says it smells like a grape tootsie pop.. I on the other hand am glad she is not versed on the pungent scents of cheap wine. 😜
HOLY MIND FLAYERS! whoooa I can smell that like smella-vision of some sort oooo soo grapey 🥰

Latest posts

Top Bottom