Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hope all yall fine peeps are doing well. Just an impromptu selfie from the young ladies . Days 37 and 54(Buttercup)

Blue Sunset Sherbert
Day 37 Blue Sunset Sherbert

Blueberry
Day 37 Blueberry

Mimosa x Orange Punch
Day 37 Mimosa

GRC x BBC
Day 54 Buttercup

Neueregel

Neueregel

Hope all yall fine peeps are doing well. Just an impromptu selfie from the young ladies . Days 37 and 54(Buttercup)

Blue Sunset Sherbert
View attachment 1268069

Blueberry
View attachment 1268070

Mimosa x Orange Punch
View attachment 1268071

GRC x BBC
View attachment 1268072

Blue Sunset Sherbert
View attachment 1268069

Blueberry
View attachment 1268070

Mimosa x Orange Punch
View attachment 1268071

GRC x BBC
View attachment 1268072
hey @PerfecTrader is that just Blueberry? or Blueberry muffins, or cookies etc.

Zombierider

Zombierider

@CannaGranny , i decided to flip to 12 and 12, you said to let you know before i flipped them. I was going to scrog, but i don't have a lot of space left vertically. i need a bigger tent lol. this is what they look like now.
Damn those are some pretty girls, your gonna have some very big colas indeed, hell yea! Just be aware: those girls will double in height if not more during the flowering stretch, so you might have to do some early flower training to make sure things don’t get too high and close to your lights. Pretty sure you can use the “stretch” to train, but mid to late flower you can’t really train cuz the stems will be too hard and the plant will really just be focused on flower not stem. Looking forward to those flowers my friend!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Day 33(for 3 of em)/50 for Buttercup. Lets see since last sunday..
~Topped Mimosa once last Sunday
~Topped Blueberry Tuesday
~Topped Blue Sunset Sherbert Thursday
~Friday topped Mimosa for 2nd time. Seems to be a real fast grower. I am using her fan leaves in hopes they slow her down by twisting them over the runners.
~Thursday fed all the girls 1/4 gal super slowly, then waited 15 min then repeated, then repeated again in 15 min and seemed to be getting wet bottoms so stopped. I really am winging it with the water a bit and I'm sure will learn the hard way soon if am way off. For now it seems they need to be watered at about every 6-7 days but that is rapidly going to shorten quickly I'm sure. I anticipate I will feed/water again. on Wed or Thursday.
~Been VERY humid here due to monsoons. Has kept temps down and humidity high. Lately been hangin in the 80/60 range most of the day.

~Now that I think of it, maybe I shouldn't blow off this leaf I found on Buttercup(GRCxBBC). If anyone can chime in thanks much. It is literally like the only damaged leaf of all 4 plants but what do you think. It has holes like maybe eaten but I looked with phone blown up and magnifying glass on top and below and do not see any creepies. In the picture it kind of looks like the underneath of the side with the damage has white specs 🧐 This leaf is fairly old growth and lower on the plant.
What’s up bro, damn those are fricken HEALTTTHYY looking plants. You have definitely figured out this soil thing man, it’s nothing but run after run of smooth dank flower from here on out.
Do you not water with any runoff ever? I know in my tomato plants which are in soil I just watered them till they had runoff and didn’t water again till top inch was dry, so I don’t think runoff will do much harm. Maybe it will wash away some nutes, but your feeding with compost teas/fertilizers right? I know the Canuck dude uses compost teas, they look pretty cool like a witches brew for your plants to become monsters 👹.

As for that leaf, bro as a scrog addicted person, I recognize that as leaf damage from a stem/other leaf when you were moving leaves around/pruning/etc. Scrogging can be hard on leaves lol. I had leaves with all kinds of scars from my clumbsy construction worker hands but they didnt seem to mind much. My current run, I have marks just like that. I’ll take some pics for my next update for comparison.

Btw, when you putting that scrog up? Looks like it will work really well. I put my scrog in hella early this time and I like it cuz I don’t waste any time with vertical growth only the cola factory. Airflow is a bit more of an issue with the short plants though, so I’m gonna put in one hell of a lollipopping here in a couple weeks on my current run.

Stay high

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Blue Sunset Sherbert
View attachment 1268069

Blueberry
View attachment 1268070

Mimosa x Orange Punch
View attachment 1268071

GRC x BBC
View attachment 1268072
Looking oh so lovely! Looking like they need a bit of defoliation. Unlike Mo. I know you don’t have such high humidity to deal with. This week has had crazy high humidity here. Almost enough to make me fire up the dehumidifier. I’m at the point here that I like It low, pushing for all that frosty stuff. We are quick approaching harvest an I’m ready!
In terms of a runoff using my method, I dont allow a lot of run off. No need to wash all those sweet microbe’s out of my planter. The real trick to that process is the watering practices in grow bags. I quit watering when I know it’s a dripping runoff versus some that just ran a channel through my soil.
The fade has started on my ladies. Funny thing is knowing how lush they looked makes the fade kind of sad for me, but on the other side of that knowing there is not much time until harvest helps this greatly.
I do have something going on that I have never dealt with before. That Future 1 has got so dense and chunky that they are just plopping out of the scrog and falling beneath the canopy! I have had to tie the main limbs to the scrog. Crazy! Happy crazy tho 🥰. We are at the water only point, whoooopeeee!
CannaGranny has become lazy and bought an electric grinder…one of my fav new toys!

Zombierider

Zombierider

smoke
Looking oh so lovely! Looking like they need a bit of defoliation. Unlike Mo. I know you don’t have such high humidity to deal with. This week has had crazy high humidity here. Almost enough to make me fire up the dehumidifier. I’m at the point here that I like It low, pushing for all that frosty stuff. We are quick approaching harvest an I’m ready!
In terms of a runoff using my method, I dont allow a lot of run off. No need to wash all those sweet microbe’s out of my planter. The real trick to that process is the watering practices in grow bags. I quit watering when I know it’s a dripping runoff versus some that just ran a channel through my soil.
The fade has started on my ladies. Funny thing is knowing how lush they looked makes the fade kind of sad for me, but on the other side of that knowing there is not much time until harvest helps this greatly.
I do have something going on that I have never dealt with before. That Future 1 has got so dense and chunky that they are just plopping out of the scrog and falling beneath the canopy! I have had to tie the main limbs to the scrog. Crazy! Happy crazy tho 🥰. We are at the water only point, whoooopeeee!
CannaGranny has become lazy and bought an electric grinder…one of my fav new toys!
Good morning @CannaGranny! I like how you clarified the dripping runoff vs channeling. It really makes me think about coco and how I should probably use yucca or something once in a while to make sure to fully saturate and disperse any channeling. Thanks AGAIN for revolutionizing my growing! I seriously owe you, if you ever swing by VA mi casa es tu casa! 🌿🌿
And whoa that description of your Future 1's has me drooling, imagine if you posted a photo I think it might break THC Farmer lol. What kind of terpene profiles are you getting from that Future 1?

What kind of electric herb grinder? Thats not lazy, they seem like a legit alternative to manual grinders. My grinder is kaput cuz my flower is too sticky and it clogs.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Good morning @CannaGranny! I like how you clarified the dripping runoff vs channeling. It really makes me think about coco and how I should probably use yucca or something once in a while to make sure to fully saturate and disperse any channeling. Thanks AGAIN for revolutionizing my growing! I seriously owe you, if you ever swing by VA mi casa es tu casa! 🌿🌿
And whoa that description of your Future 1's has me drooling, imagine if you posted a photo I think it might break THC Farmer lol. What kind of terpene profiles are you getting from that Future 1?

What kind of electric herb grinder? Thats not lazy, they seem like a legit alternative to manual grinders. My grinder is kaput cuz my flower is too sticky and it clogs.
Back at ya Brother Man! Always welcome here in the Ozarks! Terps on that Future 1 are fruity and skunky. You owe me nada, I get just as big of a thrill from seeing your progress as I do my own. You and Trader both have just been a joy🥰 even renewing my faith in the younger generation and that came at a very important time in my life. I needed that!
Leaving you a link to the grinder I bought. I got the bigger one as all of my stuff is sticky and the hand grinder was literally no longer cutting it. Also I’m sure they come in colors other than my choice of pink lol. So far, it’s grinding big sticky flower to perfection.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

What’s up bro, damn those are fricken HEALTTTHYY looking plants. You have definitely figured out this soil thing man, it’s nothing but run after run of smooth dank flower from here on out.
Do you not water with any runoff ever? I know in my tomato plants which are in soil I just watered them till they had runoff and didn’t water again till top inch was dry, so I don’t think runoff will do much harm. Maybe it will wash away some nutes, but your feeding with compost teas/fertilizers right? I know the Canuck dude uses compost teas, they look pretty cool like a witches brew for your plants to become monsters 👹.

As for that leaf, bro as a scrog addicted person, I recognize that as leaf damage from a stem/other leaf when you were moving leaves around/pruning/etc. Scrogging can be hard on leaves lol. I had leaves with all kinds of scars from my clumbsy construction worker hands but they didnt seem to mind much. My current run, I have marks just like that. I’ll take some pics for my next update for comparison.

Btw, when you putting that scrog up? Looks like it will work really well. I put my scrog in hella early this time and I like it cuz I don’t waste any time with vertical growth only the cola factory. Airflow is a bit more of an issue with the short plants though, so I’m gonna put in one hell of a lollipopping here in a couple weeks on my current run.

Stay high
Happy Friday to ya Z. Thanks much brotha and so far so good for sure. Really hasn't been anything to it. CG wasn't lying when she said it was pretty dang turn key. Just make happy soil from the start, alternate waterings with smidges of blackstrap and weed from the sea 👽and then weekish before I flip I will top dress with some shiz, give them one of them compost teas to the face, then do that again a week after flip, and that is it. I'm learning fast that like CG told me, best watering practices are essential. Not sure if I was being lazy or if was more so taking advantage a bit of soild retaining water for longer than coco, but I over did it imo and by allowing 6-7 days between waterings in the beginning because pots started completely drenched, I think I cause a bit of hydrophopic-ism(🙄) and wow it makes it harder to water. Even if I spray mist first, or spray a bit and let it sit and come back, if I let a few days go by the soil makes watering a slllllllllllllllllllow process for now. Once I am watering more like every other day, which I am kinda there now, it should go away. I bring all this up because my biggest single worry is dry pockets in the soil. I am sweating it enough that I wonder if before I put scrog on, I should take them one by one and let them sit in a bucket of phed water for 15-20 min to ensure soil saturation. Or maybe that is a stupid idea.
As for run-off, kinda only once have I had 5%+ run-off and that was from Buttercup in the 5gal. Most of the time, I feed 1/4 gal real slowly from a garden sprayer and then go to next plant. Then I let all of them sit for 15-20 min and come back and give them another 1/4gal. Between 1/2gal and 3/4gal the bottom of the pots starts to get wet enough that I stop for fear of drowning roots 😂 /over-watering.
Hah good lookin out about the leaf. Someone mentioned a caterpillar and I panicked, got super high and put on gear like I was a Ghostbuster and went to war in the tent. Happy to say I have not had/found/seen a single pest yet. Actually that isn't true. During transplant I saw a springtail on the ground inside tent but NO gnats, or such and knock on wood I'm super stoked about that. Forget if I mentioned it but I snapped a main stem in half and just tapped back together and later that night it was fixed 👽 unreal they are.
Ehh as for the scrog and when to put up, great question and I think I would put it up about now if weren't for the Blueberry and the Blue Sunset Sherbert takin their sweet old time. I have been pinching the Mimosa's stems to "poor mans LST" it a bit because wow she is a flyer. Out of the 4 cultivars, she stands out for sure as what at this point I think I'd want to clone. Just seems like a super-girl so far if know what mean. Sometimes they just seem to shine but have also heard people say many times that the ugly duckling always ends up the real bomb so only time will tell. Yeah I can't wait to get to lollipoppin stage and I think I may give Buttercup a good whacking sooner than later. Was talkin to my boy back home and he said "If you are really trying to slow-roll Buttercup cause she is 2+ weeks ahead of the rest, strip the dickens out of her and that'll slow her down a bit" and I said hmmm
Stay lifted as well my brotha...

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hiya CG and thanks mucho 🥰 Yeah with pics from above, they always look leafier than they are but I would for sure agree that Buttercup needs a hefty defoliating BUT keep in mind that it is only because she is 17 days ahead of the other 3 strains, that I hoped to do everything I could to not let her fly too far ahead.
As for humidity in Arizona, you are absolutely right EXCEPT for literally right now. When we have Monsoon season, all bets are off as far as dryness out here. I took my humidifier out of the ten after about 4 weeks from sprout because the fabrics pots give off enough natural humidity after watering, that I though a humidifier was a waste and just slows the plants down from drinking from the roots like I want. Lately temps/RH in tent have been about 82/65. I turned light up a click yesterday and am trying to "ride the line" and one thing I am really happy about is I have no yellowing tips on any plants from either light, heat, or nutes 🥰 The ONLY thing I can say I notice that "may" or may not be of consequence at all, is that Buttercup has some leaves that sure appear to be "blueish" or at least a dark green that tints blue a bit. Now that plant sprouted 55 days ago and I can imagine has depleted the soil of nutes a bit but I would have to say in my extremely limited experience that this may be just as much phenotype and cultivar specific than anything I am doing wrong.
I hear ya on the fade albeit I have yet to experience it. Makes sense that something so beautiful is tough to watch "die" so to speak. Wow your Future 1 is breakin shit lol nice. I can't wait to see these untamed beasts and so stoked to hear how final product comes out. Forget if you mentioned but is that from Anesia Seeds? Oooo you got an electric grinder? That is sick. I have wicked OA and need that. It is only matter of time before I can't use my chromium crusher anymore by hand. Shit with my bday in late October and Christmas after that, I mine as well go tell my Bae now what I want 😂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

😂

Bro exactly what I was going to say about the description she said hah. And of course you mention Yucca. I have read that it is a really great surfactant. If CG says I can use I will but I believe she will PooPoo it and tell me to learn to water better 😂

Neueregel

Neueregel

Happy Friday to ya Z. Thanks much brotha and so far so good for sure. Really hasn't been anything to it. CG wasn't lying when she said it was pretty dang turn key. Just make happy soil from the start, alternate waterings with smidges of blackstrap and weed from the sea 👽and then weekish before I flip I will top dress with some shiz, give them one of them compost teas to the face, then do that again a week after flip, and that is it. I'm learning fast that like CG told me, best watering practices are essential. Not sure if I was being lazy or if was more so taking advantage a bit of soild retaining water for longer than coco, but I over did it imo and by allowing 6-7 days between waterings in the beginning because pots started completely drenched, I think I cause a bit of hydrophopic-ism(🙄) and wow it makes it harder to water. Even if I spray mist first, or spray a bit and let it sit and come back, if I let a few days go by the soil makes watering a slllllllllllllllllllow process for now. Once I am watering more like every other day, which I am kinda there now, it should go away. I bring all this up because my biggest single worry is dry pockets in the soil. I am sweating it enough that I wonder if before I put scrog on, I should take them one by one and let them sit in a bucket of phed water for 15-20 min to ensure soil saturation. Or maybe that is a stupid idea.
As for run-off, kinda only once have I had 5%+ run-off and that was from Buttercup in the 5gal. Most of the time, I feed 1/4 gal real slowly from a garden sprayer and then go to next plant. Then I let all of them sit for 15-20 min and come back and give them another 1/4gal. Between 1/2gal and 3/4gal the bottom of the pots starts to get wet enough that I stop for fear of drowning roots 😂 /over-watering.
Hah good lookin out about the leaf. Someone mentioned a caterpillar and I panicked, got super high and put on gear like I was a Ghostbuster and went to war in the tent. Happy to say I have not had/found/seen a single pest yet. Actually that isn't true. During transplant I saw a springtail on the ground inside tent but NO gnats, or such and knock on wood I'm super stoked about that. Forget if I mentioned it but I snapped a main stem in half and just tapped back together and later that night it was fixed 👽 unreal they are.
Ehh as for the scrog and when to put up, great question and I think I would put it up about now if weren't for the Blueberry and the Blue Sunset Sherbert takin their sweet old time. I have been pinching the Mimosa's stems to "poor mans LST" it a bit because wow she is a flyer. Out of the 4 cultivars, she stands out for sure as what at this point I think I'd want to clone. Just seems like a super-girl so far if know what mean. Sometimes they just seem to shine but have also heard people say many times that the ugly duckling always ends up the real bomb so only time will tell. Yeah I can't wait to get to lollipoppin stage and I think I may give Buttercup a good whacking sooner than later. Was talkin to my boy back home and he said "If you are really trying to slow-roll Buttercup cause she is 2+ weeks ahead of the rest, strip the dickens out of her and that'll slow her down a bit" and I said hmmm
Stay lifted as well my brotha...

Hey man, what's the seaweed and shizz do?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey man, what's the seaweed and shizz do?
Blue Planet and I don't really know but this is how at least I think of it. I grew in coco and fed the plants. Now in soil I want to feed the soil. It gets depleted over time by the plant so I give it seaweed and molasses to help the microbes be happy. Then I will top dress and give them a tea, before flip and after flip to flower. I believe this tells the soil "Ok now you have rocked the Kazbah for me thus far but now I need a little extra OOMFH for the flower stage and home stretch

Neueregel

Neueregel

Blue Planet and I don't really know but this is how at least I think of it. I grew in coco and fed the plants. Now in soil I want to feed the soil. It gets depleted over time by the plant so I give it seaweed and molasses to help the microbes be happy. Then I will top dress and give them a tea, before flip and after flip to flower. I believe this tells the soil "Ok now you have rocked the Kazbah for me thus far but now I need a little extra OOMFH for the flower stage and home stretch
awesome what brands you using ( seaweed ) for this stuff. I have blackstrap molasses. thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom