Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@PerfecTrader you make me laugh bro I wish I was a little more like you attitude wise ☕
It keeps us young brotha and happy to hear that. My kind doesn't believe in coincidence so I'm sure our paths have crossed for reason. If you really want to laugh, just imagine me right now at 840 in the morning, drinking 8oz of hell on earth, every 10-15 minutes, and I'm 8 glasses in 😣 I have a fkin colonoscopy at noon 🥺
Now if you are anyone but me. That's fkin funny 😂

20220923 084045
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

It keeps us young brotha and happy to hear that. My kind doesn't believe in coincidence so I'm sure our paths have crossed for reason. If you really want to laugh, just imagine me right now at 840 in the morning, drinking 8oz of hell on earth, every 10-15 minutes, and I'm 8 glasses in 😣 I have a fkin colonoscopy at noon 🥺

I see you also don't conform to societal standards 🤣 GL on the anal invasion and you're right about that coincidence doesn't exist

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Oh Lawd! I feel for ya! Seriously not being an asshole 😂. I got that wonderful treatment last Feb. each time fasting for a period of three days. Three times it iced so I had to repeat that lovely process four times! They fasted me 12 days out of the month of Feb! I was to the point I was watching fast food commercials and salivating.
Hope all turns out okay. I already know they are going to tell you ulcers. Hope not, but knowing how you worry about things.
We just need that one super calming crop to come off and ya sooooo close! Looking freaking great too! 🥰

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Oh Lawd! I feel for ya! Seriously not being an asshole 😂. I got that wonderful treatment last Feb. each time fasting for a period of three days. Three times it iced so I had to repeat that lovely process four times! They fasted me 12 days out of the month of Feb! I was to the point I was watching fast food commercials and salivating.
Hope all turns out okay. I already know they are going to tell you ulcers. Hope not, but knowing how you worry about things.
We just need that one super calming crop to come off and ya sooooo close! Looking freaking great too! 🥰
Thanks friend and hah this shit(pun intended) is not too fun but looking forward to being done with it later today and eating like a human again. Haven't have a solid food since Wednesday night. Yeah I went through this is 2011 and then 2017 and now again, so not new to it unfortunately. Eeek I hope I don't have ulcers. Pretty sure it is a polyp since I had one removed the 1st time and this seems the same thing. Glad I have peeps like yall to help me laugh through it. Want to chat with ya later though. I believe I spotted a few baby springtails actin all nimbly and bimbly on the inside lips of my fabric pots near soil. They are pretty quick but do not jump so are easy to squish. I have found ZERO leaf damage so far. Is it at all possible that if these are springtails and nothing else, that I may be ok since they don't appear to be very predatory? Or are these aphids or maybe soil mites 🥺

20220922 124556
20220922 121947
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thanks friend and hah this shit(pun intended) is not too fun but looking forward to being done with it later today and eating like a human again. Haven't have a solid food since Wednesday night. Yeah I went through this is 2011 and then 2017 and now again, so not new to it unfortunately. Eeek I hope I don't have ulcers. Pretty sure it is a polyp since I had one removed the 1st time and this seems the same thing. Glad I have peeps like yall to help me laugh through it. Want to chat with ya later though. I believe I spotted a few baby springtails actin all nimbly and bimbly on the inside lips of my fabric pots near soil. They are pretty quick but do not jump so are easy to squish. I have found ZERO leaf damage so far. Is it at all possible that if these are springtails and nothing else, that I may be ok since they don't appear to be very predatory? Or are these aphids or maybe soil mites 🥺
Good Luck Bro! Hope everything goes "smoothly".

We had a scare with my son having gastro issues. Colo showed polyps. Dr diagnosed IBS and possible cancer. Thankfully he came up benign and the IBS turned out to be temporary inflammatory intestinal growths. After a year of medication they receded and he's been clean ever since.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Good Luck Bro! Hope everything goes "smoothly".

We had a scare with my son having gastro issues. Colo showed polyps. Dr diagnosed IBS and possible cancer. Thankfully he came up benign and the IBS turned out to be temporary inflammatory intestinal growths. After a year of medication they receded and he's been clean ever since.
Dang aorry to hear that. Shit is scary, no pun intended. All fun and games till you are afraid to use to washroom. Glad things worked out and my scenario is similar. I'm such a fkin highball. I went for appt and was scheduled for next Friday. They were able to still get me in but I had to go home for an hour and come back then wait another hour. Brutal but turned out to be 2 small polyps that were benign. He removed them, I go back in couple weeks and he takes more money, then I get to do it all again 3 years from now. So glad to be home and able to eat. Skies, I mean kitchens the limit 😂

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

From the pics, I can’t tell what ya have there. I would suggest that you start a defense plan tho. Are you seeing them only in the soil? Any tiny webs or leaf damage? What color are they? Do you have any DE? Most springtails jump like a flea.

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

From the pics, I can’t tell what ya have there. I would suggest that you start a defense plan tho. Are you seeing them only in the soil? Any tiny webs or leaf damage?

Roger that and no not in the soil that I can see. They were only on the inside lip of the pots and then 1 or 2 on outside of fabric pot. There were only maybe 5-7 or so that I saw total.
There is a strong chance you are going to be disappointed in me but I panicked 🥺 and I put neem seed meal in an empty spice container an lightly sprinkled the edges of the inside of the pots and then fed as regular over that. Then I diluted 30% h2o2 and a smidge of neem oil in a quart of water and sprayed the interior rim lightly and then used h2o2 to make sure tent very clean.
There is no webs, no leaf damage, nothing except seeing them once that day but now nothing. When I saw them movin real quick I felt "infested" and thought I should move fast. I measured them up with most known pests and it surely does seem they were Springtails. Wonder if there is something to it but I had 1 adult springtail my first grow, maybe twice and then once early on like weeks into this grow. Whatever they are/were they do move fast and have 2 long antennae. Let me know what you would or wouldn't do from here. Below is all I have on hand as for IPM

Mosquito bit granules
Neem Seed Meal
Neem Oil, cold pressed
Tons of Yellow sticky traps

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Roger that and no not in the soil that I can see. They were only on the inside lip of the pots and then 1 or 2 on outside of fabric pot. There were only maybe 5-7 or so that I saw total.
There is a strong chance you are going to be disappointed in me but I panicked 🥺 and I put neem seed meal in an empty spice container an lightly sprinkled the edges of the inside of the pots and then fed as regular over that. Then I diluted 30% h2o2 and a smidge of neem oil in a quart of water and sprayed the interior rim lightly and then used h2o2 to make sure tent very clean.
There is no webs, no leaf damage, nothing except seeing them once that day but now nothing. When I saw them movin real quick I felt "infested" and thought I should move fast. I measured them up with most known pests and it surely does seem they were Springtails. Wonder if there is something to it but I had 1 adult springtail my first grow, maybe twice and then once early on like weeks into this grow. Whatever they are/were they do move fast and have 2 long antennae. Let me know what you would or wouldn't do from here. Below is all I have on hand as for IPM

Mosquito bit granules
Neem Seed Meal
Neem Oil, cold pressed
Tons of Yellow sticky traps
I’d much rather know you took a proactive versus a reactive stance. I’m not crazy about neem, but much better than other prerogatives. Springtails just live in some homes. Not common here, but they are in many places. Seems to me that you handled it in an excellent manner 😍 Carry on carry on 🥰

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I’d much rather know you took a proactive versus a reactive stance. I’m not crazy about neem, but much better than other prerogatives. Springtails just live in some homes. Not common here, but they are in many places. Seems to me that you handled it in an excellent manner 😍 Carry on carry on 🥰
He has a great Sensei to guide him on his Cannabis Journey!!👍

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Duck Duck GOOSE 🤣 Had a few beers yesterday and decided to defoliate a few leaves. Made it to the 3rd leaf and it played a little hardball but I won. Turns out it wasn't a fan leaf 🤪
That was that for defoliation for the day 😂

RIP at least 1 bowl or joint of Blueberry 😣

20220925 190533
20220925 190646
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Duck Duck GOOSE 🤣 Had a few beers yesterday and decided to defoliate a few leaves. Made it to the 3rd leaf and it played a little hardball but I won. Turns out it wasn't a fan leaf 🤪
That was that for defoliation for the day 😂

RIP at least 1 bowl or joint of Blueberry 😣
Looking like we may have to ban ya from the grow room when alcohol is involved! Tough leaf, huh? 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom