Stay away from mars hydro

• Thread starter Buddernugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buddernugz

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

I have had electrical issues with their TSL 1002 of them two of their TSL 2000s and their fc 8000 light…. I’m now on my 3rd set of connections and that has melted…..the diodes are putting out half pad they should be because of the non stop over heating and electrical issues….their cooked.…awaiting response wish me luck. I spent 1300$ on my optic slim 650s zero issues even after it dropping 8 foot on a slab And getting practically rained on…I payed 455$ for my medic grow fold 8 even though it’s extremely cheep in the hands……all the money went into longevity in that light…diodes are coated the driver is waaaaaaay over build and I dare say it keeps right up in growth speed,yield and quality with my optic 650s with lm301h weights and lm351h reds and blues….morel of the story……medic grow and optic led are damn fine lights and the fc 8000 might be set on top of a5gal bucked of tanneright………bastards….to anyone who buys from mars hydro I whole heartedly feel your pain and I k is damn well they ain’t Gina do right by you so I’m sorry for the wasted money and time you are or are about to be going threw….

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

The 2 ts1000 lights I’ve had zapped me every time I bumped into them(bad ground) the 2 tsl 2000 lights I’ve had really zapped me (bad ground) when I bumped into them…. The fc 8000 I payed 800$+ for has melted 3 connectors and they Sent me more and a new driver after I specifically stated I absolutely refuse to do any wiring on an $800 light that’s your job… their response was don’t worry you won’t have too…..lies…..the entire electrical cord from the driver up is discolored and has a very burnt rubber smell to it every time I’ve had to redo the connectors the copper wire is extremely brittle can’t even bend it without it snapping which tells me they’re using very cheap electrical wire that probably has almost no copper in it so they’re cutting corners I also suspect that the gauge wire they’re using is not enough for the amount of power that’s getting pushed through it because of The cheap copper they’re using….no reason a 720 watt 450$ light with the same amount of diode’s that are two bins below the ones in that light should be out performing that FC 8000……just goes to show you……a properly build light with sub par diodes will ALWAYS out perform top bin lm301h diodes ( 6-10% more efficient than lm301b diodes which is what the OG hlg lights used) unless the Components around them are of equal quality…..if anyone is in the market for a light that will PROPERLY light up a 4x4 with 12” hang height above canopy (18-23” are the norm so that’s very good for us tent growers) at 80% dimmer ( over build and under powered = extremely long lived) then I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest the medic grow fold 8….use ccfc coupon code to support dr.mj coco for 10% off….if you grow in coco or are interested in anything light related you really need to check him out over at coco for canabis . Com….he test lights and them give a no holds bar review.

gods speed fellow growers…
may your gardens stack to the moon and remain issue free……peace y’all

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

The 2 ts1000 lights I’ve had zapped me every time I bumped into them(bad ground) the 2 tsl 2000 lights I’ve had really zapped me (bad ground) when I bumped into them…. The fc 8000 I payed 800$+ for has melted 3 connectors and they Sent me more and a new driver after I specifically stated I absolutely refuse to do any wiring on an $800 light that’s your job… their response was don’t worry you won’t have too…..lies…..the entire electrical cord from the driver up is discolored and has a very burnt rubber smell to it every time I’ve had to redo the connectors the copper wire is extremely brittle can’t even bend it without it snapping which tells me they’re using very cheap electrical wire that probably has almost no copper in it so they’re cutting corners I also suspect that the gauge wire they’re using is not enough for the amount of power that’s getting pushed through it because of The cheap copper they’re using….no reason a 720 watt 450$ light with the same amount of diode’s that are two bins below the ones in that light should be out performing that FC 8000……just goes to show you……a properly build light with sub par diodes will ALWAYS out perform top bin lm301h diodes ( 6-10% more efficient than lm301b diodes which is what the OG hlg lights used) unless the Components around them are of equal quality…..if anyone is in the market for a light that will PROPERLY light up a 4x4 with 12” hang height above canopy (18-23” are the norm so that’s very good for us tent growers) at 80% dimmer ( over build and under powered = extremely long lived) then I HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest the medic grow fold 8….use ccfc coupon code to support dr.mj coco for 10% off….if you grow in coco or are interested in anything light related you really need to check him out over at coco for canabis . Com….he test lights and them give a no holds bar review.

gods speed fellow growers…
may your gardens stack to the moon and remain issue free……peace y’all
Sounds like you have electrical and maybe some personal issues. Lets see when you burn these new ones up. Seems strange to me, that I see these light issues only on this site. Other sites rave about them, and I personally have used them for years now with out any problems.

T

TheShroomsDidIt

My ts600 has given me no problems and doesn't get all that hot considering I have it on basically 75 percent of all the time

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Sounds like you have electrical and maybe some personal issues. Lets see when you burn these new ones up. Seems strange to me, that I see these light issues only on this site. Other sites rave about them, and I personally have used them for years now with out any problems.
Sounds like mars has made some changes 🤔 probably due to the supply chain issues.This really makes sense 🤔 looks like they zigged instead of zag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

We need honest reviews like this. It is what it is as my pops used to say. But everyone's now informed and can make up their own mind. I know from experience how it feels when a respected brand let's you down repeatedly😮‍💨

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah that's the the thing about mars, lot of people use them without issue, but it's also true they are some report of electrical issues with them across the net

Light ranking

Most used brand on growdiaries with 12 000 diaries

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

yeah that's the the thing about mars, lot of people use them without issue, but it's also true they are some report of electrical issues with them across the net

View attachment 1344254

Most used brand on growdiaries with 12 000 diaries
There are just as many issues with people growning as there are to lights. I see horror pictures constantly of how people have wires laying on floor, and dont know how to grow period. To many rookies not knowing what they are doing with plants much less electrical.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Give me any light and I will duplicate the issue by just making a poor connection and it will fail. Give me the best there is.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

lots of users here with burned up lights/connectors with the TS style lights
Yes , for some reason it's reported more on this site. While I have not seen the issues on other sites. I do see more first time people attempt to grow. They do not research before buying and always a friend told them. People spending shitloads of money and then wonder how to grow. Just as there are many variables when diagnosing an ill plant, it is the same when looking at the cause of electrical connections.

MDK

MDK

Good shit I kinda had an fc 8000 sitting around 3rd place on my list for possible next lights. Has good ppfd in the corner areas I noticed

Another thing just to know or keep in mind, it really is not optimal to be passing through extension cords to the wall outlet. That warning on space heaters, and on blow dryers...sort of should be considered here. Some lights really draw amps. If you are running them on extension cords or power supplies...use the thickest gauge you can. I'd recommend 12/3 personally. Buy outdoor extension cords and power supplies always to help against moisture. I've seen lights burn up because the circuit is just overloaded with other things drawing way too many amps and the breaker not popping and instead melting stuff. If you have no choice...always check your plugs and wires for warmth see how they're doing.

My mars hydro exhaust set up is pretty decent can't say nothing bad about it cheap quiet and keeps smell down pretty good

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Good shit I kinda had an fc 8000 sitting around 3rd place on my list for possible next lights. Has good ppfd in the corner areas I noticed

Another thing just to know or keep in mind, it really is not optimal to be passing through extension cords to the wall outlet. That warning on space heaters, and on blow dryers...sort of should be considered here. Some lights really draw amps. If you are running them on extension cords or power supplies...use the thickest gauge you can. I'd recommend 12/3 personally. Buy outdoor extension cords and power supplies always to help against moisture. I've seen lights burn up because the circuit is just overloaded with other things drawing way too many amps and the breaker not popping and instead melting stuff. If you have no choice...always check your plugs and wires for warmth see how they're doing.

My mars hydro exhaust set up is pretty decent can't say nothing bad about it cheap quiet and keeps smell down pretty good
Ditto.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

My electric grid is on point, only their lights have issues in my space.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

It's simple read as many reviews as possible before purchasing anything. Always read the bad reviews that's where you get the truth. Then you roll the dice 🎲 but i will say this. Make sure the drivers are UL listed just incase of a fire 🔥 Because good luck with your insurance company if it's not.😉 same with extension cords and smart straps and plugs. Anything in the tent should be ip65 waterproof.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

There are just as many issues with people growning as there are to lights. I see horror pictures constantly of how people have wires laying on floor, and dont know how to grow period. To many rookies not knowing what they are doing with plants much less electrical.
I agree but in this case that’s not the issue. Lights a lemon

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

The photo tek co2 pro will be replacing my fc8000 best light for 5x5 space as far as even ppfd goes even in corners

Latest posts

Top Bottom