Stem Of My Plant Split! Please Help!

• Thread starter SwampDonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey

So the two primary branches off of my plant were getting weighty with buds. Leaning to one side or the other. The two seconds branches I have had buds developing but they weren't as thick as the buds on the primary branches. Since the primary branches were hanging due to their weight, I was angling them to lean out orthogonally from the secondary branches, so that the buds on secondary branches would be exposed to more light. When I was leaning them out the stem split in two at the nodes where the primary branches branch from. I quickly got some tape and taped the split back together.

Question 1: Will the split branches survive the split?

Question 2: If they do survive will the buds continue to grow?

Question 3: Is it normal so see the branches hanging to one side or the other due to weight, or is this a sign of a weak plant?

SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey

It was very close to splitting into two. One of the sides sheared off a little bit more than the other

Power OG

Power OG

As long as you didn't completely snap in half you should be fine, sounds like you acted quickly with the tape. You should be ok. How far into flowering are you?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Be careful. Sometimes those branches can fall off and start harassing your cats.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I had a Low grower that was two main branches split down the middle to the soil to the roots
I took three zip ties and put it back together used a lil candle wax on the outside to keep the the shit out of the crack and went 3 week to cut.
when I took her down the two halves never grew back together but fed from separate sides of the root and still did great
it can be dangling with just a few cells of the outer skin and survive just get her supported well.
FlyJ

KushMan707

KushMan707

it can be dangling with just a few cells of the outer skin and survive just get her supported well.
FlyJ
Very true! This is what's known as the cambium layer. The plants first layer of skin under its bark or hardened exterior. A thin layer of tissue which transports nutrients and water. A damaged plant will have a good chance of recovering as long as the cambium layer is in tact and functioning.

Top Bottom