Stem Problems

• Thread starter Willy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Willy420

had mature plant die. bottom of stem was rotting. you could wipe the bark and outer layer right off. new batch. plants few inches tall. bottom of stem brown and shriveled for about 1/4 inch. roots seemed good when i dumped big pot and when i transplanted little plant to bigger pot. thinking im keeping too wet.

W

Willy420

A pic would nice to view your issues.
sorry. wish i had gotten one. i repotted them up the stem after putting rooting gel there. was hoping to get root growth above the area. This post was kind of an after thought to see if i was right and hopefully prevent the problem again

stonestacker

stonestacker

Look for a thread I think it's titled elephant foot. By capulater

W

Willy420

really wish i had taken pic. Sounds close but rotten/damaged section right at dirt line and up. Everything that is close has to do with too much moisture. I made pots drain better and used less earth worm castings which retain three times it weight in water. Going to hope for the best.

indicabush

indicabush

Cause: Species of soil-inhabiting fungi such Rhizoctonia, Fusarium and Pythium. Also do a search on stem rot here on the farm which of course will lead you to good info.

good luck

Fully Melted

Fully Melted

Sounds like your medium is too wet. An overly moist grow medium encourages Pythium and "damping off" disease.

Decrease your watering schedule, add a dehumidifier if you're indoors, or add some "Damp-Rid" containers around your plants and pour off the water as they fill up.
http://www.amazon.com/DampRid-FG50T...=UTF8&qid=1462952783&sr=8-1&keywords=Damp-rid

You can also try a product called "Companion"
http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Succes...462952570&sr=8-3&keywords=companion+fungicide

It saved some of my friends LARGE plants last year. As soon as he started seeing some "damping off" on his plants I advised him to try the product. He saved them all except for 2.

I believe there are other similar "beneficial fungus" products out there.

Good luck :smoking:

Growfellaz

Growfellaz

Is this what it looked like? Or can anyone tell me what it is really worried

20160707 100047
20160707 100023
20160707 095957
Top Bottom