Stems and leaf veins turning red/purple...?

• Thread starter HomegrownOhighO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HomegrownOhighO

Just noticed this today, mainly towards the bottom leaves but sort of all over. Is this fungal or disease oriented? I do not see any pest either, I checked the bottom sides of the leaves. This is the plant in flower, the veg plant does not have anything like this.

IMG 20240117 062946699
IMG 20240117 062952456
IMG 20240117 063009339
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Just noticed this today, mainly towards the bottom leaves but sort of all over. Is this fungal or disease oriented? I do not see any pest either, I checked the bottom sides of the leaves. This is the plant in flower, the veg plant does not have anything like this.
Take whole plant pics, veg and flower stages are very different.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

That is an advancing phosphorus deficiency. I stand by my prior advice. She looks hungry. Three weeks into flower, her needs for p and k are going way up. That tip burn isn’t actually tip burn. You would have a little crispy tips. That yellowing on the tips is a sign of potassium deficiency also. Handle it however you like. Growing without enough p and k generally isn’t fatal. It will definitely trash your leaves though and affect flower development.

H

HomegrownOhighO

That is an advancing phosphorus deficiency. I stand by my prior advice. She looks hungry. Three weeks into flower, her needs for p and k are going way up. That tip burn isn’t actually tip burn. You would have a little crispy tips. That yellowing on the tips is a sign of potassium deficiency also. Handle it however you like. Growing without enough p and k generally isn’t fatal. It will definitely trash your leaves though and affect flower development.
So, back to the PK spike ? What's the best way to keep it organic but get her fed?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Yea that's too early to fade, she is hungry I would agree. Calcium too your light be turned up too high. Turn the light down or up their food. To do it organically use a compost tea and top dress then you will be set.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I am going to defer to someone who focuses on organic growing to tell you what to feed, and how much. I help out a buddy who has an organic grow, but I do not run one myself. Generally just try and help him read his plants. Hungry is my read on yours for what it’s worth. Whatever in your mix that you are relying on for phosphorus and potassium, I would bump it up a bit and see if you don’t get some improvement. I would not do anything dramatic.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

if your in the EU there is few organic nutrient brand. like biobizz or bio canna

biotabs also has a nice organic PK booster a friend is using:

or homemade recipes:

like this one:

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

for this stage in flower i think you can start giving 75% power, bud will soon start to swell and this is when you want the most light

H

HomegrownOhighO

for this stage in flower i think you can start giving 75% power, bud will soon start to swell and this is when you want the most light
Would you recommend waiting until I get some pk in her before ramping up to 75%? Headed to the Hydro store now. Everything else online would be another week before I could get it and I know she's hungry now.

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

this also:

Vitamin B1 Debunked​

The truth is that although research and experimentation throughout the 20th century has revealed that various auxins combined with B1 may help to stimulate root growth, Vitamin B1 on its own does not. This illustrates a classic case of correlation not equating to causation. In fact, one experiment showed that just plain water worked better for stimulating root growth than water combined with B1.

The reason that this myth perpetuated for so many years is that in those original experiments dating back to the 1930s, Vitamin B1 did help to stimulate plant growth in a controlled lab environment; however, these results failed to produce similar results in the real world. Lastly, it’s helpful to understand that under ideal conditions, healthy soil containing certain strains of bacteria and fungi naturally produce Vitamin B1 without the need to supplement with “fortified” fertilizer supplements.

Moral of the story? Don’t be duped by the marketing hype, and skip the B1 fertilizers that claim to ““prevent transplant shock” and “stimulate new root growth”

and this:

Vitamin B-1, aka thiamine, does not reduce transplant shock or stimulate new root growth on plants outside the laboratory
Healthy plants will synthesize their own thiamine supply
Healthy soils contain beneficial microbes that synthesize thiamine as well

Keep in mind here; the use of B1 is rarely used as a root stimulator, and that most hydroponic mediums are not considered "healthy" as they are mostly and ideally inert.
When take on a huge role when we take over the roll of mother nature, and thus must provide more than what a plant has the ability create on its own in the wild.

H

HomegrownOhighO

So, I visited the local hydro shop and ended up getting some Gaia Green Bloom. I am also considering getting some cal/mag but the shop didn't have anything I really liked or knew much about. I have seen Mr. Canuck use it and his grows always look beautiful. The only thing I heard that I didn't like was it takes about 2 weeks to see the results from the amendments. Not sure if that's a great thing or not because the plants are autos but what do I know? It says it last for 4 weeks but I see people using more often than every 4 weeks. Plus, I can only assume that in the next 4 weeks my plant should be close to harvest.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
She does look hungry. I'd like to know the VPD, or the temp and RH.

I am also considering getting some cal/mag but the shop didn't have anything I really liked or knew much about.
Some Epsom salt and gypsum will work as well as CalMag. Spread a tablespoon of each on the soil and water.

Top Bottom