Steppa's uc madness

• Thread starter DMsteppa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lifecycle

Not really a debate DM, post your water temps with all your lights on...if its above 70 you need to chill the rapids.

Very clean looking though!

Hate to see you get fucked half way through with root rot..

:banana1sv6:

U

U C Truth

No chillers your fucked just sell me ur whole setup when you get root rot brother I'll be glad to take it off your hands at .50 on the dollar... Good luck thou u got a long road ahead of u man no disrespect intended....

ill eagle

ill eagle

Just finishing my first run. No chiller. My water temps were 69-73 degrees the whole way through. I also ran tap. I was told "with DWC it's all about the water quality". My tap runs @ 450 ppms. Lotsa fear out there.... no disrespect to anyone......

whole lotta integrity in that room, looking sweet!:cool0019::cool0019:

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

DM, you're gonna do well irregardless of the chiller as long as you keep the sludgy shat out of your system.

Sorry to have pushed the issue too far, rock on. If anything it seems like it might be your insufficient lighting that helps your plants roots from having issues, given your plants won't be getting pushed as hard.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

did you say your running a strain called pimp slap? i was just looking at picking up some beans of that and will have them as soon as they drop which will be soon i'm told.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Awesome setup DMsteppa... I'm looking forward to the show! Chiller or not... :cool

U

U C Truth

I think my post came off a little harsh I just think with that many hoods even thou air cooled will give off enough heat even with Ac's to not be able to get your water in the 60's or even maintain in the 70's especially over the summer I would at least wrap and insulate your buckets as that will drop your temps a couple degrees... Good luck thou seriously I will be tuned in for sure! Fly room for sure thou!

F

f1ydave

Thats what I hope the build! But I want bigger buckets and pvc lines! :D

D

DMsteppa

Funny response DM.

Please point me to where it was originally advertised not to need a chiller.....and as far as including a chiller, really? And there isn't a $15,000 UC set up......yet ;)

No offense, but it looks like you haven't been paying very close attention to the growers killing it with their UC's....point me to a rocking UC grow that there isn't a chiller being used, few and far between at best.

Sounds like you need to study up on water culture a little, it could save you lots of headaches.

My advice, get a chiller for one of your systems and you be the judge. Plants aren't destined to die without a chiller but they're certainly more likely to thrive with one. Not trying to be a dick, just being real.

really bro Under Current Evolution™ System 24XL13
Add:

$3,799.95 x 4

havent been
need to

No chillers your fucked just sell me ur whole setup when you get root rot brother I'll be glad to take it off your hands at .50 on the dollar... Good luck thou u got a long road ahead of u man no disrespect intended....

long road..... haha

you two are pretty funny. This isn't the first rodeo, but thanks for the advice

Onespark

Onespark

I have a chiller and I still got the mush roots. YAY!

Me too. Sure is neat watching my roots turn to SHIT in a matter of days.water temp 67 - 68. My first time in UC and just lost my Elephant today:rock

T

tylong1976

i ran the system 2 times the first time was without a chiller had root rot/ the second time with a chiller and still ended up with root rot. so it has to b the nutes u give it that causes this big issue.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Chillers can't keep you from failing.....if they sold something that could do that it would cost plenty more then chillers do.

Water cultures a fickle bitch....when in doubt, grow in coco....closest thing to crop insurance you can get, it just usually comes with a ball n chain.

T

tylong1976

globel and onespark are u guys using root excelerator by any chance?

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice grow! My bet is success without the chiller, I'm in Colorado and did non-circulating DWC for years with no chiller..... had to insulate the concrete floor to keep the buckets warm, they'd be 40 degrees when it was 20 degrees outside. This was a grow in an outbuilding, so the only heat was in the grow itself.....

So, my question is, what size air pump are you using, and why? How many CFM or LPM per bucket? I am having trouble figuring this out....

T

tylong1976

well guys i must say for me to have root rot rot and recover from it is a beautiful thing im seeing crystal white roots again with in 3 days!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom