Steppin Up- 4k, 16 plant, DIY recirc buckets, '91 chem

• Thread starter FreshSteppin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FreshSteppin

typically I'm a firm believer in the defoliation technique but this time I havent plucked anything off since flower

C

crossouttheiis

I am with your fresh. but I am not sure what to do this round.. I think I might pluck half leave the other to see whats up

B

budbrothers

I wouldn't try it. Unless you have a shut load of air movement under the canopy.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Uhhh, ate breakfast around 8pm. I ate an entire Little Ceasars Hot-N-Ready in one bite. That headstash of yours is a TRIP!

Anyway, just ordered up the Co2 burner. What's your PPM schedule?

D

Dulce

Bro I'm late the scene here but this is a GREAT fukin thread man. Excellent room and plants just look amazing. Couple questions if you don't mind:

1- how long does a tank of Co2 last in that room??
2- how are you keeping your canopy so even>>

Looks great brother- best of luck on the grow, but it's obvious you don't need it :)

~D~

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sick room shots FreshSteppin! Just wondering how far the glass is from the top of the canopy and if you plan on lowering it... :wondering

F

FreshSteppin

Uhhh, ate breakfast around 8pm. I ate an entire Little Ceasars Hot-N-Ready in one bite. That headstash of yours is a TRIP!

Anyway, just ordered up the Co2 burner. What's your PPM schedule?
ahaha
Funny I went to old chicago and drank some pomegranate mojitos. gettin hyphy

Bro I'm late the scene here but this is a GREAT fukin thread man. Excellent room and plants just look amazing. Couple questions if you don't mind:

1- how long does a tank of Co2 last in that room??
2- how are you keeping your canopy so even>>

Looks great brother- best of luck on the grow, but it's obvious you don't need it :)

~D~

thanks bro. appreciate it

my co2 tank last 7 days on the dot.

as far as keeping the canopy even. Monocroping helps alot but otherwise I just topped the ones that were getting ahead of the rest

F

FreshSteppin

oh sorry so for co2 ppm's

I set mine at 1200 with a 100 ppm interval.
If you co2 controller has a setting for altitude set it between 4000-5000 ft since were more than a mile high

and I'm most def running co2 till the last week then maybe i'll cut it to 600ppm or so

man your making me want to gear up
after this run I'm tearing everything out

new co2 controller.
multiple tanks

I don't even want the itellidose anymore because I would have nothing left to do

F

FreshSteppin

Sick room shots FreshSteppin! Just wondering how far the glass is from the top of the canopy and if you plan on lowering it... :wondering

me and rollin were talking about this earlier.
I was thinking of lowering them but in the pic below you can see where the lights shadows cross and the lights reflect almost all the way to the other side so I think I'm going to keep them where they are, which is roughly 20"
347_copy.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
me and rollin were talking about this earlier.
I was thinking of lowering them but in the pic below you can see where the lights shadows cross and the lights reflect almost all the way to the other side so I think I'm going to keep them where they are, which is roughly 20"
Yeah, I noticed the light intensity as well and quite honestly I thought the hoods were much farther away... 20" seems pretty good and your plants look great, so why mess up a good thing. Although, I'm sure those Chem's will close the gap a little in the stretch... :thinking

F

FreshSteppin

I noticed the light intensity as well and quite honestly I thought the hoods were much farther away... 20" seems pretty good and your plants look great, so why mess up a good thing. Although, I'm sure those Chem's will close the gap a little in the stretch... :thinking

ahaha
funny you say that but I have found the key to conquering the stretch. This strain has stretched 3x easy before on me!

Dyna Gro- protekt silica solution 0-0-3

overload the plants with silica and potassium and your nodes stay so close together. I now start using this over silica blast from the last week of veg until they get right to the height I want them.

anyone looking at my pics who has grown Chem is probably thinking No way this kid has chem. I know it doesn't even look like the lanky chem I'm used to! but it is.

so as for the proof. well typically I see a 3 week stretch with chem. this round with the protekt, just under 2 and they are most def not stretching. still getting slightly taller but not stretching per-say. pic was from day 14 of flower. updates soon. day 16 today

F

FreshSteppin

aight it might be more like 25" between plant and light

but I can't bring my self to change anything. the plants have grown right into the sweet spot

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
ahaha
funny you say that but I have found the key to conquering the stretch. This strain has stretched 3x easy before on me!

Dyna Gro- protekt silica solution 0-0-3

overload the plants with silica and potassium and your nodes stay so close together. I now start using this over silica blast from the last week of veg until they get right to the height I want them.
Very good info to know... And I'm sure the Silica will also make the branches solid to support some massive colas by harvest time... :harvest:

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

His stalks and branches dwarf mine. Incredibly girthy!

I'll have to ditch the Flip-Flop to keep up with your yields.

Going metrosexual for the next project, totally fabolous is where it's at bro.

Keep it steezy.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Ya pretty narly in there.
Have you ever tried the budblood or bud ignitor just curious to see if that could slow down the stretch as well. The lights look to be perfect.
Fuck all this co2 talkin makes me wanna get a burner but fuck I would have to pull down all the light and double polly the ceiling. If it ups your yields from say 4#s to 4.5#s its worth it to me.
Ill be watchin closely lets see if you can make me a believer.
Kick ass grow :boogie:
BG

F

FreshSteppin

Very good info to know... And I'm sure the Silica will also make the branches solid to support some massive colas by harvest time... :harvest:

oh hell ya. biggest stalks I've ever grown

Ya pretty narly in there.
Have you ever tried the budblood or bud ignitor just curious to see if that could slow down the stretch as well. The lights look to be perfect.
Fuck all this co2 talkin makes me wanna get a burner but fuck I would have to pull down all the light and double polly the ceiling. If it ups your yields from say 4#s to 4.5#s its worth it to me.
Ill be watchin closely lets see if you can make me a believer.
Kick ass grow :boogie:
BG

I personally haven't used those as I have heard way to much concern over the chemicals in them.
potassium is the natural stretch reducer.

you haven't been using co2 and your pullin fatties then get some fucking co2 mein, wtf.
no reason to ever not!

great run, im enjoying watching..

thanks

F

FreshSteppin

well I just spent the last 6 hours trimming out all the lower growth!! whew what a task that was
filled a trash bag and a 5 gallon bucket. Not much noticable difference in the canopy but the light penetration is up ten fold.

pics tomorrow

C

Casper13

those are drip rings your using? How often you dripping? 24/7? ps nice job

B

budbrothers

oh yeah. whats up guys. i have been MIA had to go have some fun. get my mind off things. shit is looking great in there. i liked the pic of the light shadowing thanks for the illustration. also thanks for the tip on the potassium being a stretch reducer. i think thats why my white widow didnt stretch i loaded them with it to increase stalk strength and my nodes are fuckin close as hell. i have a bud the size of my arm forming on most of my plants. its nutz. im excited.

as always very professional and happy growing fellas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom