Steppin Up- 4k, 16 plant, DIY recirc buckets, '91 chem

• Thread starter FreshSteppin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NugNation

that oil got me straight retarded. been doin absent minded stoner shit for the last hour

B

Buddy Flowers

over nine, nice work man. great pics, thanks for documenting and posting

M

mrdizzle

fuck water chillers............. period

thanks everyone.....this run turned out greater then I could have ever expected. It is the reeky deeky dank... people can smell this herb as soon as I show up even when its vac sealed. prime flushed chem....... nothin beats it.

going with the 3 gal in a 5 next run and should destroy.......

look out for a new thread in a few days as I just got in there today and started getting ready for ROUND 2.

got hella mods coming up on tha box including shut offs of all the drip lines and def upgrading to some dual arc bulbs. Adding more power for more fans and pumps as I'm splittin the hydrosystem into two for two different strains.

get ready.......

I wouldnt chage a thing bro, using 3gals in 5gal bucket is going to leave your roots exposed to a big air gap, which isnt really a bad thing if they are getting wet, but if any of them dry out the rot with ensue

about the chiller, Its your first run, and your killed it, but I would get one, I wouldnt let this run give you a false sense of security, losing a harvest with drop your gram per watt ratio real quick if you lose a whole harvest over night. I did 5 perfect MPB runs and then I got the rot, then the algae, def game changers

good luck on your next grow brother

F

FreshSteppin

dutchy zone out the ass, and h202.

as for the chiller..... the basement was cool all summer long, and winter is full blown here. The ac will not ever run at night and hardly when lights are on.

checked the ambient temp today in the room 60

budfriend

budfriend

Hey Fresh.

I like your set up. I am a little confussed on how it works though. I see the buckets up on cinderblocks and drain lines on the ground. But how does the water get back up into the res. I saw it runs to the botom of a res outside the room so does that mean its flooded as high as the water level in the res? Sorry if its a dumb question.

Thanks

F

FreshSteppin

thats why the buckets are elevated. Gravity drain. as long as the rez water height is lower than my buckets water line then were good

B

Bobby Smith

Great harvest, Fresh - always nice when you set an upper and lower expectation and beat the upper by 15%+.

I can't wait for the harvest where I have that problem :)

EDIT: but expounding on the the question posed above - is your system essentially a DIY "Ebb and Gro"?

F

FreshSteppin

Great harvest, Fresh - always nice when you set an upper and lower expectation and beat the upper by 15%+.

I can't wait for the harvest where I have that problem :)

EDIT: but expounding on the the question posed above - is your system essentially a DIY "Ebb and Gro"?

nah dog it doesnt flood and drain.

there is a set water level that is maintained in the lower portion of the buckets that is replaced via the top feed. pretty basic but not ebb n flow

and its not that I'm not updating my journal anymore its that that shit is straight in overhaul mode.

got shit loads of hardlines to run, and a whole bunch of new fun stuff coming...... just wait

M

MediMary

here was his second grow, from my undestanding he had a couple let downs with the system and switched back to soil.

Billygoat

Billygoat

here was his second grow, from my undestanding he had a couple let downs with the system and switched back to soil.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to find all the info on the ebb&flo bucket systems. I got a Sun System unit they just came out with. I pretty much got it for free. It's a 5 gallon with 4 gallon insert and square buckets. All 3/4" tubing. I've also going the preform square smart pot inserts. Will be growing in coco and think this system should rock.

Thanks again for the link.
Take care,
BG

Top Bottom