Stop Chronic Overfeeding, and some tips with canna coco

• Thread starter DowNwithDirT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Right? I mean I se guano with 10% P to make my teas and they are jsut teaming with goodness. I heard that about a certain percentage of P killing myco's but that if you have low P myco's will utilize the low amount of P. So who really knows? I mean you would need a doctors in biology or some sish just to really know.

Maybe we should get squiggly involved to answer that question, I think he's studying some type of biology or chemistry or something like that in college....he might know the answer.

pork

pork

on the topic of P...been pouring over hours and hours or research myself..even been talking to a plant physiologist...

so bennies work best around 50 ppm in coco, and 30-40 in soil. they also end up consuming some of the P during this process. I just started working with lower P and introducing bennies but more so read that this regiment is resulting in buds being less dense. (chime in if i'm incorrect). the plant is sacrificing some P to sustain the life of the bennies and i think that's where formulas like lucas, or generally anything bottled have P in the 100ppm range. sacrifice the potential for beneficial bacteria life but provide readily available phosphates for the plant to uptake.

not sure if this is totally applicable to the thread, but this P/bennie/organics/synthetics balance has really been tickling my brain for the past month or 2...

and as for organic sources of high P...still trying to find solid studies on the matter...but it appears that inorganic or not, high P will slow if not stall if not kill off bennies

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

DWD

I really think you are on to something here. The best run I have had to date I backed way off on my base nutes. At the time I was running Heavy 16 and Prime and the prime has a good bit of ppms to it, which was why I backed off on the base. Right now I think at week 5 I have them topping out at 11ml on my base, and I think on my next run I will drop it down to 10 and continue to do so until I start seeing problems. I'm not running Prime this run as it gummed up the drip lines on my Blumats last run. Speaking of Blumats....have you had any issues with them getting stuck on? Or not coming on? I had a few instances on my last run but so far so good on this run.

I've always run in Coco and up until this run I have used Great White or Mychos. This run I switched it up and I'm using Caps benes and I gotta say that so far....my girls are LOVING it.

Great thread....even with the bit of drama. Information is what this site is all about and I can say that I have learned more here in the last few years than I would have had I just listened to my buddies who grow.

C

cctt

It seems the better your ratios the less you can feed without issues. Your numbers are lower than I've ever heard of, so much respect for pulling that off. I will have to give something like that a try.

What kind of temp and humidity is your environment?

finish in 5 gal's

May I ask how much light is allocated to each plant in 5 gallons? IE watts/root volume

los0420

los0420

feed depends on strain and enviroment plus type of system your using experiment and dial in your feeding for best results

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

wanted to check back in with people here who care...............

fwiw this is what I'm currently doing.

product line up:
canna coco
canna A + B
cannzyme
rhizotonic
monster grow bloom 0-50-30

***drop drip clean....canna didn't make it...I don't need it. Feed low, don't let pots dry.....what buildup?

***cuttings and early veg: 7.5 ml per gal of a and b (rhizo @ 8ml per gal at transplant only)

***mothers and late veg: 9.2 ml per gal of a and b (at signs of extreme root developement(rootbound) or old age, begin cannazyme once a week @ 9ml per/gal)

***Early Flower: 9.2 ml per gal of a and b (1 tsp of monster grow 0-50-30 per 15 gal) early flower to me is wk 1-3, essentially the stretch phase.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

ya word bc....your shit is on point.....do you by chance have a light meter handy?

I've found more than anything light intensity is going to be the variable that most changes what feed is necessary.

Currently I've got a hydrofarm foot candle meter so take my numbers with a grain of salt but 2500-3000 foot candles need not go about 10ml per gal of canna ever! And that is what I'm seeing in my flower rooms under 1000w hps.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

been phing as low as 5.2 as my runoff was near 6.4, after several waterings it's clear the plants uptake has skyrocketed and I need to drastically lower my nutes, as well my ph run off is closer to 6-6.1 which makes much more sense.

3 weeks into bloom and will be feeding 400 ppm and ph of 5.3 from here out. Best wishes everyone.

Venom818

Venom818

been phing as low as 5.2 as my runoff was near 6.4, after several waterings it's clear the plants uptake has skyrocketed and I need to drastically lower my nutes, as well my ph run off is closer to 6-6.1 which makes much more sense.

3 weeks into bloom and will be feeding 400 ppm and ph of 5.3 from here out. Best wishes everyone.

Keep an eye on your ph it changes all the time in my experience

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

thanks for updating this thread bro. definitely a great read.

after 2 years of running canna i settled between 8ml-10ml/gal + calplex and a cpl other goodies. definitely the sweet spot in that formula for me, glad to see others rocking it too.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

how much calplex are you using and with what type of water.....

thanks for chiming in

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

city water compliments of the dirty D, .25EC. i usually put in 3ml/gal in veg until i get to full strength base, then cut it out. i also use 5ml/gal during transplants and usually a couple feedings after.

dropping calmag in favor of calplex let me tune my numbers in a little better and it definitely showed in the plants. might have to check out that calimagic you mentioned or mad farmers organical.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

No your actually two steps ahead of me. I realized that the calimagic is calcium carbonate and magnesium nitrate.

Calplex is calcium carbonate.
I was having issues with still not enough cal and it seemed pointless to be coupling that with mag and N so I found my old bottle of age old organics ca-libur 20 which is 20% calcium and is solely calcium carbonate. I used it for one watering so far and hope that this further dials things in.

FWIW I used it at the recommended 5 ml per gal and will hold steady there and at 5 ml per gal of canna a + b untill I see hunger

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

I definitely would prefer to stick with an all Ca product but I didn't see anything last time I walked around the bigger hydro store I go to. Sounds like Ca-libur 20 or Organical will work, now just need to find/order one.

So you are down a lil from the 7.5ml A/B you were starting with a lil bit back in this thread? I usually start around 4ml/gal, then get to 6, 8, and sometimes 10. I dont usually go above 6 in veg until after they get their 5gal pots.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

It's hard for me to say definitively because I am constantly tweaking recipes and I have moms that are a few months old as well as 2 room filled.

But I feel like 5 in veg is fine, and 7.5-8 in flower should be solid but you need significant amounts of supplemental cal. And a little mkp booster here or there after wk4 is always a good addition.

This is what I'm feeling currently as I said I'm always tweaking formulas but this is producing my best looking plants to date.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

wanted to check back in with people here who care...............

fwiw this is what I'm currently doing.

product line up:
canna coco
canna A + B
cannzyme
rhizotonic
monster grow bloom 0-50-30

***drop drip clean....canna didn't make it...I don't need it. Feed low, don't let pots dry.....what buildup?

***cuttings and early veg: 7.5 ml per gal of a and b (rhizo @ 8ml per gal at transplant only)

***mothers and late veg: 9.2 ml per gal of a and b (at signs of extreme root developement(rootbound) or old age, begin cannazyme once a week @ 9ml per/gal)

***Early Flower: 9.2 ml per gal of a and b (1 tsp of monster grow 0-50-30 per 15 gal) early flower to me is wk 1-3, essentially the stretch phase.

[/quote What's good buddy, I am about to be running this line up, dtw, with chow 50/50. I was curious on if a cal-mag is needed, and how many times a week you're upping you're rez? Also how many times and how long are u feeding using this lineup?

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

Calcium carbonate in coco is no bueno........it raises the ph and overtime it will get out of range, due to the fact coco has a high starting ph. Calcium sulfate(gypsum) is a better choice for coco. Supplementing coco before transplant is choice.
hey dwd just saw this in another thread. new thoughts on the calplex and such? i haven't noticed an issue but i never really test ph unless its going into the pot.

Top Bottom