Stop Chronic Overfeeding, and some tips with canna coco

• Thread starter DowNwithDirT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

heaviest feed has been at just before bloom and first few days slowly tapering down 100ppm each week. Starting around 2.3 ec with a tap water of .3 ec. No cal mg. No fuss.
like this
Wk 1 - 2 ec
wk 2 - 1.8 ec
wk 3 - 1.6 ec
wk 4 - 1.4 ec
wk 5 - 1.2 ec
wk 6 - 1 ec
wk 7 - .8 ec
wk 8 - .6 ec
wk 9 - .4 ec

Hitting 2.5p/k+ of fire again. A B and MPK. Tap water. Anywhere.

Rudy

Rudy

Awesome thread I needed this big time as I just started using coco and have been wondering how to feed and how much you all

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

Waiiit a minute DWD. you've cut out the CalMagic and are using tap now . Wow things have changed a bit since I first read this thread last year .

Ive always been scared to drink LA tap water , let alone use it on my plants . However, having to run and get RO every few days is a PAIN .

Can you expand on your method a bit ? I assume you leave the water to rest too off gas the clorine but id love to hear.

Cheers !

JJ

M

MrSweetCorn

heaviest feed has been at just before bloom and first few days slowly tapering down 100ppm each week. Starting around 2.3 ec with a tap water of .3 ec. No cal mg. No fuss.
like this
Wk 1 - 2 ec
wk 2 - 1.8 ec
wk 3 - 1.6 ec
wk 4 - 1.4 ec
wk 5 - 1.2 ec
wk 6 - 1 ec
wk 7 - .8 ec
wk 8 - .6 ec
wk 9 - .4 ec

That's pretty impressive DWD what size containers are you using and have you had your buds lab tested to see what moisture content they are at when you make your final count? May have to give your schedule a try with sfv og to see if I can duplicate that.

S

sicinsane

like this
Wk 1 - 2 ec
wk 2 - 1.8 ec
wk 3 - 1.6 ec
wk 4 - 1.4 ec
wk 5 - 1.2 ec
wk 6 - 1 ec
wk 7 - .8 ec
wk 8 - .6 ec
wk 9 - .4 ec

hey dwd im using just 10 ml of each A B and cut out everything else and things have been looking great. Im thinking of trying out ur feed recipe to see how it works. what's MPK? couldn't find it in the previous posts.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Waiiit a minute DWD. you've cut out the CalMagic and are using tap now . Wow things have changed a bit since I first read this thread last year .

Ive always been scared to drink LA tap water , let alone use it on my plants . However, having to run and get RO every few days is a PAIN .

Can you expand on your method a bit ? I assume you leave the water to rest too off gas the clorine but id love to hear.

Cheers !

JJ

Ya I won't drink the water here myself either but it's fine for the plants and I'm confident in saying that.

No need for cal mag additives. It's all about trying to keep the ec close to 1.7.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

That's pretty impressive DWD what size containers are you using and have you had your buds lab tested to see what moisture content they are at when you make your final count? May have to give your schedule a try with sfv og to see if I can duplicate that.

I always store everything at a precise 56% humidity with no humidifiers and anyone who knows me knows that its prime time even months after a chop.

Been using 5 gal containers with 4 plants per light but am going back to either more plants and 3 gals or the same and like 7's or blooming way way quicker.

20 gal per light is roughly what I have been doing and can hit over 2.5 a light with that, But to get more yield I need more coco. At one time I was doing 30 gal per light....prob start shooting for 30-35.....and blooming faster.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

hey dwd im using just 10 ml of each A B and cut out everything else and things have been looking great. Im thinking of trying out ur feed recipe to see how it works. what's MPK? couldn't find it in the previous posts.

Mono-Potassium Phosphate = MPK.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Cutting out blumats and stepping up to real automation was key......blumats DO work at around 500-700ppm for a whole run, but are less than ideal for coco. Hope all is well cap.

All is well thanks for asking homie. What is "real automation". Do you have moisture sensors and solenoids etc...?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

My plants hate ph down. Every time I start trying to ph I fuck everything up. They virtually stop eating completely.

A+B, mono potassium phosphate, tap water and a little h202 to keep the rez clean. Tea every now and again.

S

sicinsane

My plants hate ph down. Every time I start trying to ph I fuck everything up. They virtually stop eating completely.

A+B, mono potassium phosphate, tap water and a little h202 to keep the rez clean. Tea every now and again.

how many grams of mono potassium phosphate are you using per gallon? im using 4grams per gallon and my PH is always at 5.8. I stopped using ph down as well.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Good thread... I have been using the GH Calimagic and am having huge signs of def.. but maybe it's just way too much cal. I am using the Coco A+B like you had earlier in the thread.. around 8-9 mL/gal. Well water, RO'd. Middle of nowhere :) I'm honestly getting fed up with the Canna nutes and thinking about switching to gh flora 6ml/9ml for simplicity.

los0420

los0420

I was running 400-500 ppm in flower, kept having deficiency problems, on the advice of some farmers here i increased my ppm to 600-800 at the start of flower and things have turned around drastically. I'm growing in 3-5 gallon smart pots filled with 100% coco. I agree with you that over feeding is a very common problem, but every situation is different. There are an infinite number of variables that effect indoor gardens so it's impossible to say what the appropriate nutrient concentration will be for every situation.
100% agree exactly what I was gonna say,just not the first part lololol

Latest posts

Top Bottom