Stopping Hermies

• Thread starter MamaBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

I apologize to everyone for getting off track. I never intended to debate anything with anyone. My original question was:
Has anyone seen a female cannabis plant produce male flowers while they were making seeds?
There has been 1 yes-reply so far. Anyone else seen this?

Mr.X

Mr.X

I think its strain dependant. I had an afghani that was sure to herm out every single lower bud had 1 fuckin male flower under it and sure enough it auto impregnated itself and you could tell because all the pistils would turn brown and wither too quickly to be anything else but the rest of it would continue throwing nanners and autopreggoin itself. So i think that if the plant has a genetic predisposition theres no salvation.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pheromones are just a theory and may not even apply to this species.
I've asked several times and my girls won't tell me! Would be so much easier if they would only answer a few simple questions.
I'm sure that some sort of 'olfactory' signal is involved.

Btw, there's a nifty little 'ignore' function that will help keep the threads to cleaner, easier reading. Just letting you know there's that option. ;)

DrFever

DrFever

We as humans narcissistically implement a primal desire to "be (not play) GOD". CREATED in his image right? So we must show resemblance in our actions. Correct? Yet we cannot consciously comprehend a lapse in tha greater magnets thought pattern. How can we possibly consider visualization, then fruition, of devine stewardship in a perpetual physical reality without fallible variations in its infinite possible outcomes? There must be a root oriented script in its framework that provides a pseudo reboot. A back to square one so to speak. All perpetuating entities carry this phenom. All human embryos, heck! ALL Carbon based lifeforms are girls or asexual until what stage of development? So sorry to All us manly men! "We was all bitches befer we became men! Poop around it yer fucked sister!" We cannot stop the "hermaphrodidic gene without creating the definite extinction of tha species we are attempting to perfect. Sorry but mathematically speaking, zero plus zero still equals somethin. Right? So it's proven there is a higher power and WE ARE NOT IT. There is always gonna be a plus one. So in that being said, I'll play my idea of god in my sandbox and you play yer idea of god in yer sand box. Hopefully when our sandboxes inevitably meet, they proficiently and gracefully coexist for their time together so tha theory or idealism of existence will perpetuate infinitely.

GREAT THREAD
May the forces of evil become confused on tha way to y'all's grows.
There must be a root oriented script in its framework that provides a pseudo reboot. A back to square one so to speak. uh huh its called the ice age :)

DrFever

DrFever

I think its strain dependant. I had an afghani that was sure to herm out every single lower bud had 1 fuckin male flower under it and sure enough it auto impregnated itself and you could tell because all the pistils would turn brown and wither too quickly to be anything else but the rest of it would continue throwing nanners and autopreggoin itself. So i think that if the plant has a genetic predisposition theres no salvation.

Interesting could that strain of been crossed ??? meaning not a pure cut or seed ?? i mean most strain bases start with a solid Strain like Afghani cause its stable
Afganstan

lino

lino

I've answered this question but I can tell that only a handful have google my info provided to further educate themselves and to verify the facts that I have provided. My ethics primer was deleted so your at a big disadvantage in the understanding of breeding hermaphodites and other mutant freaks of nature.

Once again, ask ourselves right from wrong? then your question will divert from what will happen? to How and Why and how do I control this event? Do I want to control this event?
Lets go over the facts again for those in denial;
1.) MeGI is DNA marker for the hermy/gay gene that exists in many species. It is in all cannabis, Member- hemp is cannabis , but it is not Marijuana accord to GOV,...
2.) DOI is DNA marker gene that controls the amount of gay and number of other multiple genders also , no political correctness here, zygousity terms are not of much use on this site, so my terms offend some, and this gene exists in all species that have the MeGI DNA. DOI can hermy/gay from fertile and abundant to few and inert ... With enough gay influenceS and breeding the species can change the gender permanently within the DNA, this due to 3rd leg of the MeGI gene, not covered here.

I spoke of this science that is found in all cannabis also.

So for those of you who do understand or those in denial here is my end of essay Grand Finale joke to help grasp the level of gay/hermy gene influences on plants and animals.

I'm going to prove Quantum Physics and the MeGI gene is a transitional switch in
one of my end of essay jokes... Teacher no like Lino jokes at essay end but this
one brought the house down.: and is appropriate here
As I prove the existence of the MeGI DNA I will also prove a Quantum Physics fact.
Quantumaly, Did you know that particles change if you look at them. FACT ! The mind
and sensory nerves in cannabis and humans can influence the MeGI and in some cases
turn the MeGI gay gene to 'On' permanently. Quantumaly we can say that if he never
tried his wife's panties on he wouldnt know how good they feel to wear, particles
within the body can change once you try them on. And now that the males that keep
trying on and wearing his wife's panties. Yep, he has permanent DOI sensory influence
on the MeGI gay gene, meaning he turned it on and he cant turn it off.

"I apologize to everyone for getting off track. I never intended to debate anything with anyone. My original question was:
Has anyone seen a female cannabis plant produce male flowers while they were making seeds?
There has been 1 yes-reply so far. Anyone else seen this? "

Once again the answer,,, This can happen and has happened to me, and yes this is not recommended for purity reasons but I have feather/cotton tip fertilized specific branches of 'Female On' plants thru out many stages of flowering, not the entire plant, /hormonal transformation (sex gender influence// it can still hermy in many stages,,,, member, were talking bout the level/amount of gay here and in many cases this will influence hormones that control DOI gene . At the end of flower cannabis girls have some Auxin and the Carb release at the end of flower they have no need to be gay , seeds made, and most hermy pollen is dead if she does produce any, hormones and other stuff influence this depends on the amount of seed production also, but some bitches just cant get enough of other girls, They been jail locked up in a grow room/ joke/ to long can make some hermy and they can still hermy if you have 2 Dom parents like the chart I provided ,,, .... If they dont hermy they still carry the 3rd leg of the hermy gene, I havent hit the detail on that cause most take a yr or 2 just wrapping their minds around this part of the gene sequence dealing with these sensitive issues... The 3 leg will get me banned so I need not go there.

lino

lino

sorry if you dont understand electric transistors but I find it such a good way to understand these genes interaction of each other.
This is where ive seen many gay students stunned and walk out of class. I'll sit and embrace the science, I already had the primer long before this class... no harm no foul in my book, My father taught me this shit in the 70s and it wasnt fact yet.
The 3rd leg of the MeGI must be explained, at least in short, cause this is where I see fellow student light bulbs go off in their head.
The 3rd leg to the transistor MeGI is the Full Blow Transsexual ON/OFF SWITCH to the function of this transistor gene (with a LED being the hermy display), much easier to produce hermys in cannabis than Human , but that not true exactly, we have not bred for human hermy's or the problem (if you discriminate against human transsexual breeding, member the primer) against human transsexual breeding, Not Transgender (penis in a dress equivalent to inert hermy, faker not a real fertile hermy of both sex), would put the gene into our selection, real hermaphrodite. these terms are better understood coupled with zygousity knowledge, This 3rd leg of the hermy/gay/MeGI gene is explained in the chart I provided earlier and works in animals and plants. Now if anyone followed me they can now breed hermys effectivly for cannabis if they get the terms of zygousity and explained in many scriptures along with an ethics primer in breeding there of ..

Moral primer to this story, be careful trying on your wife's panties//// :oops:

Last edited:
M

MamaBear

I was just wondering if there is anything we can do to help deter it. If I've got everything right . . .
If she's not gonna hermie, she'll never hermie (on her own) and
If she will, then there's NOTHING we can do to stop it.
It's the ones in the middle that MIGHT hermie that I hoped we could do something about.
But in the end, it doesn't really matter in my greenhouse. Any plant that hermies would get chopped immediately because I don't want to encourage that trait.
I will just assume that I've been very lucky in never having one because I started with good seed stock and give them the most natural environment I can.

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

I tried it a few years ago on some Chemdog D girls and it did not stop them from tossing nanners in the 7th-8th week.
Hi Sea :-) I know this is an old post again but I find such treasures of wisdom reading through them all lol. I have a hermie plant, been picking out bananas (Hope thats the right thing to do). Just wondered what the balls are. Are they seed pods or pollen sacks and should I chop it ? Heres a pic. Thanks in advance BuD.

Hermie
M

MamaBear

I'm sure Seamaiden will be around soon! The "nanners" are pollen sacks. The larger balls are probably seeds forming. Kinda hard to tell from your pic. Male flowers look like balls until they open up and the nanners come out. It's up to you whether you want to chop her. Buds will be full of seeds and I certainly wouldn't use her for breeding! Don't grow out those seeds either, they are all gonna be just like their momma. You have selfed feminized seeds there. If you don't mind the seeds, it should still be smokable if you decide to keep her.

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

I'm sure Seamaiden will be around soon! The "nanners" are pollen sacks. The larger balls are probably seeds forming. Kinda hard to tell from your pic. Male flowers look like balls until they open up and the nanners come out. It's up to you whether you want to chop her. Buds will be full of seeds and I certainly wouldn't use her for breeding! Don't grow out those seeds either, they are all gonna be just like their momma. You have selfed feminized seeds there. If you don't mind the seeds, it should still be smokable if you decide to keep her.
Thanks @MamaBear :-) This 1 bud is the most effected so ive isolated it a little for now. Im going to keep an eye and if it gets worse i think ill go for the chop :-) These were bag seed, so i think its possible they came from Hermies. The others are fine (Touch Wood lol ). Got some nice Northern Lights fems to go with next :-) These plants are first grow, experimental. Many thanks for taking the time to answer this thread.

14141872 1107660022615707 6158222788646806840 n
M

MamaBear

Oh hell! If you got other plants in there, I'd chop it quick! You don't want it pollinating all your other girls, if it hasn't already!! You might just be lucky though and the pollen might be sterile (happens sometimes on hermies) in which case you won't get any seeds. But do you really want to take that chance?

robomont

robomont

i only run into herms with dutch genetics,very rarely have i seen a mexican herm.
i only do regulars myself,i despise fem.

M

MamaBear

Same here (despise fems). The only time I'll grow fem seeds is if I can't get a strain any other way. And then I'll watch her like a hawk till harvest. Anything that herms in my greenhouse gets chopped immediately. Too many good seeds to grow to mess with that.

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

Oh hell! If you got other plants in there, I'd chop it quick! You don't want it pollinating all your other girls, if it hasn't already!! You might just be lucky though and the pollen might be sterile (happens sometimes on hermies) in which case you won't get any seeds. But do you really want to take that chance?
Its only for my own meds and i don't mind a few seeds :) The others havent grown any seed pods as yet so hopefully good. Im removing little nanas as they appear. Not too many to cope with. Thanks @MamaBear.

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

i only run into herms with dutch genetics,very rarely have i seen a mexican herm.
i only do regulars myself,i despise fem.
From what ive been told, the hermies probably came from hermie parent. Wont use bag seed any more. Thanks for your input @robomont :-)

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

well your god of them hermies nannors are a undesirable trait that most do not want
bred from unstable genetics
People every where say its natural it happens in nature
I ask show me true land race strain that has ??
Sad thing is it will go quiet all of a sudden

Bottom line its a undesirble trait

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

The whole scoop
Basically we can produce bad regular bred seeds just as we can bad feminized seed stock. It is all in the method used and the selection of parent plants.
When we breed for regular seeds with a male and a female, we need to select individuals that carry the traits we want to see passed on down the line in the cross. This includes selecting plants that do not hermie under normal grow conditions. These plants may not show hermie unless they see severe stress of some sort. If both the mother plant chosen and the father plant show no signs of carrying the hermie trait as a dominant gene, then they may be chosen to use for breeding.
The problem with regular m/f seed breeding is that many times the male of the cross will not be tested. It only get chosen because it may have a heavy funk, lots of trics on the stalks, or be more vigorous than it's siblings. However, we really don't know if it is acarrier of the hermie trait or not. We will need to actually pollinate something we know to be a hermie free (or true breeding) mother plant with the pollen of our untested male. Then grow them out, and see if there is hermie present in the cross. If not, then you can feel better about using him in your original cross.
This part is not done my the majority of hobby breeders out there.
They simply choose a male and let the pollen fly.
By using untested stock, we may or may not have created stock that wants to hermie easy.

Now, the exact same scenarios exist when breeding for feminized seeds. We must choose two parent plants that we know aren't heavy hermie plants, and in this case we are looking for two females.
Females, as we know, are much easier to discern their hermie holding traits. All we need to do is grow them out and give them a bit of stress to test their genes.
We don't need to go through the process of crossing them with other known stable strains to test there worth, we can simply flower them out and test from there.
When some folks talk about how much easier it is to pick parents for fem stock than for regular m/f bred stock, this is what they are talking about. With fem seeds we get to bypass the long drawn out testing of the male.
And since our parents are plants that don't want to hermie, or produce stamen and male pollen, we must use a severe stress to bring out the hermie. So we need to use a solution that causes the plant to hermie so we can get her pollen since she doesn't want to give it up naturally. STS is one of those solutions, and it basically presents silver ions to the plants pathways and blocks the reception of ethylene, which is essential to the production of the female flower. If the female is blocked, the male will take over, which is simply a survival function of the plant.
Some plants will not hermie, and they would be considered true females. Probably the most rare of finds. These plants, such as the actual Cheese cut are reported to not be able to reverse even with heavy stress. They simply don't have the intersex gene to be able to hermie. These could only be used in the female side of a F/F cross.

And the genetics involved is exactly the same as it is with the regular bred seeds. If we choose good parents, good progeny is the likely result.
Bad fems seeds would be those that had no testing done of the parents and produced hermie laden seeds. OR...the seeds provided came about from other neighboring plants going hermie and releasing pollen in the grow area.

In regular seed breeding we can choose poorly and come up with bad seeds. Same with feminized seed breeding. There is absolutely no difference in the two when it comes to how the genes work.
The only difference at all is that there will be no male chromosome in the seeds produced. Each and every other aspect of the resulting seeds come from the parents, and the parents were selected by the breeder. So, basically the breeder has control of if the seeds are good fem seeds or bad fem seeds.

There is lots of good info that is written up in proper studies. Start out by googling Mohan Ram. He is the pioneer of modern feminized seed breeding and his information is priceless.

Top Bottom