strain hunting and my war against spidermites

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Reconsider Capulator's suggestion above. It's something I don't have experience with as I don't make a lot of clones through the year, only when I need to keep something going, and I don't normally dip in Physan unless I feel it's warranted, but again, the pattern seems to be newest, tenderest growth being affected here.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Are you still dipping cuts in physan? 1mL per gallon is really high. For root rot I was using 3mL/25 gal and you would have to change the water out after a half hour or risk poisoning your plants.

That damage looks exactly like when I killed my plants with physan.

Wondering if the physan is causing your tissue damage... but I could definitely be wrong.
I would agree with you but I only dipped half of them in physan and it effected both populations equally. this happens even when I do not dip any of them in Physan too. Only last time with no physan I had more of this

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That may suggest a pathogen, then. How much time have you spent searching on just the symptoms you're observing, not focusing on cannabis as the 'host' plant? That's how I've solved most of the problems I've encountered, including some years ago Septoria, which other growers hadn't come across and so could not help me Dx.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Can you detail your complete method of clones. It looks like it may be an oil residue of some kind burning the leaves.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Can you detail your complete method of clones. It looks like it may be an oil residue of some kind burning the leaves.
sure cap, I cut a group of clones with long stems about 6-8" long. I submerged them in 1ml physan 20 per gallon for 1 hour.after treatment, I wash them off in a bucket of water. Alternating between 3 pairs of sergical sissors, which are stored in 70 iso, I then cut most leaves off at the bottom, before I cut some of the leaves in half, sparing the developing apical meristem. Finally I make one last cut underwater, before sticking it in rockwool or rapidrooter type media.

My substrate is prepared moist, not soggy. I put the domes on and air them out twice daily. The room is kept at 75f. And they are lit to 55ppfd 18/6, from daylight fluorescent s
Also I took the final cut at 45%

Last edited:
oxanaca

oxanaca

That may suggest a pathogen, then. How much time have you spent searching on just the symptoms you're observing, not focusing on cannabis as the 'host' plant? That's how I've solved most of the problems I've encountered, including some years ago Septoria, which other growers hadn't come across and so could not help me Dx.

I havent spent any time trying to figure out what this diesease is yet. As bedore this grow damp off was a much bigger problem. I can say though that working in A greenhouse as a wage slave. I saw a lot of this same damage on fushia, sunpatient, and vinca vine cuttings.

oxanaca

oxanaca

hey one more thing cap how long should aerate your compost tea if I intent to kill spider mites using your foliar pack. I just started it a minute ago.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
damn. You are doing everything perfectly so I don't have an answer for you but I sure hope you figure it out. I wonder if soaking in root pack would help. You should try that on a tray. No need to make tea, just mix root pack at 5 grams per liter and add a little organic yucca and kelp. Dunk those suckers for 10 minutes instead of the physan and then plant as usual.

compost tea for fungal dominant is 72 hours. be careful though. I think it would be better to just mix and apply with a little yucca extract. Just make sure the water is RO or dechlorinated.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Ill give the root pack a try, thanks for the good info. Ive been referring people to your product.

Ill have to buy some yucca extract. Ill avoid the 72 hour fermentation, sounds risky.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ill give the root pack a try, thanks for the good info. Ive been referring people to your product.

Ill have to buy some yucca extract. Ill avoid the 72 hour fermentation, sounds risky.

I know you know what you are doing. It always sucks to deal with bullshit in the garden.

oxanaca

oxanaca

I know you know what you are doing. It always sucks to deal with bullshit in the garden.
it really does suck in the meantime I'll just take a few more cuttings than I needed until I get it all figured out.

oxanaca

oxanaca

anyone else working with inline fertillizer injection? if you are post some pictures up of your setup.
heres mine.
20141017 203026
it starts with 80psi tap water. i have a filter, pressure reducer (25psi), check valve. a solenoid/timer controls the flow.
20141017 203043
next is my injector array/ bypass. which allows me to inject part A, part B, and acid.
or i can bypass the injectors and flush with clear water, by turning changing the valve positions.
20141017 203047
to ensure that my solution is properly mixed i am going to run my solution into a small pvc tank, to allow it to disperse.
20141017 203052
finally there is the drip manifold. it is 1/2 inch diameter plastic tubing. i am using 1/2 gallon per hour netafim woodpeckers. they are pressure compensated and deliver consistant flow rates from 10 to 70 psi. i will run 1/4 inch drip lines after the emiters to stakes.
20141017 203104

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yo I want to fire this up I have the dosatron 14 injectors and I just need the time to set it all up!!!

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

do you think it could be some kind of pathogen attacking my plant from the inside, I'm not too familiar with different microbial pathogens, but I know fror my study in tissue culture that you can kill all living pathogens on the outside of your clone material, and still have parasites on the inside your clones
Have you checked for root aphids or possibly it being the borg, russet mites, which actually look more like a tiny worm shape than a regular arachnid/crab like spider mite. I could be way off too oxanaca. If its either of those two I don't know how you eradicate them using ORMI organics or wiping out the colony of either without using an systemic IMAD or triazide. Someone else may however know how to eradicte those two blights of pests with an ORMI and if they do I want to know about for sure.
Bluzboy

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey have you tried IC3 on your mites? That shit works pretty damn good. Smells good too.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Hey have you tried IC3 on your mites? That shit works pretty damn good. Smells good too.

no i havent heard of it but im going to order some right now. thanks for the tip. glad i didnt buy any rosemary oil

have you heard of plant vitality plus. its supposto be organic and kills both adults and eggs. not sure of the ingrediants th0ugh
http://www.sanniesshop.com/plant-vitality-plus.html

ive got the spidermites on the run. couldnt find any with an hour of looking and scoping. time will tell though. gonna keep hitten em with stuff for the next 2 weeks

oxanaca

oxanaca

Have you checked for root aphids or possibly it being the borg, russet mites, which actually look more like a tiny worm shape than a regular arachnid/crab like spider mite. I could be way off too oxanaca. If its either of those two I don't know how you eradicate them using ORMI organics or wiping out the colony of either without using an systemic IMAD or triazide. Someone else may however know how to eradicte those two blights of pests with an ORMI and if they do I want to know about for sure.
Bluzboy
i can say for sure i dont have root aphids. ive never taken in any clones ever, all new varieties are started from seeds. and i dont live anywhere near the west coast.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Would this chart I have help oxanaca. I have a chart in jpeg form that shows what fans and leaves look like in various states of nutrient related diffency or disease. Here is the jpeg chart below. Hope this might help.
Leafchart

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

no i havent heard of it but im going to order some right now. thanks for the tip. glad i didnt buy any rosemary oil

have you heard of plant vitality plus. its supposto be organic and kills both adults and eggs. not sure of the ingrediants th0ugh
http://www.sanniesshop.com/plant-vitality-plus.html

ive got the spidermites on the run. couldnt find any with an hour of looking and scoping. time will tell though. gonna keep hitten em with stuff for the next 2 weeks
I'm going to order a 250mil plant vitality plus and will update you on its effectiveness, I live rurally in Colorado and mites,aphids, thrips, etc.. are a constant battle. This past spring and summer the 1500 acres next to me was left to lay in fallow and the invasion from that uncultivated and over grown field seemed never ending. The IC3 is a nice tip as well. Will be checking out that product for my arsenal as well.
Best to you always from the Bluzboy

oxanaca

oxanaca

Would this chart I have help oxanaca. I have a chart in jpeg form that shows what fans and leaves look like in various states of nutrient related diffency or disease. Here is the jpeg chart below. Hope this might help.
View attachment 451153
I think My plants are looking pretty healthy. the new growth looks perfect. after I get a few more cuttings I'm going to correct my vertical limitations and get grow dialed in. Im setting up my injector bank right now.

I have enough points that I can get the plant vitality plus for free.thanks for the chart.

Top Bottom