Strain names.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

Anyone else sick of the childish, idiotic and cringe worthy names people have been naming their strains in the last few years?

So all you breeders know. I'm never going to buy or grow anything with a stupid name. Your stuff isn't any better than anything else out there with a normal name, and the stupid names you give your strain will be its downfall.

Everyone I've talked to in person over the age of 20 agrees. What do you guys think?
If I was to end up with something that had a stupid name, I'd just lie and tell people it was something else. Seriously embarrassing some of these names. Makes you feel like a child, just saying it drops your IQ 50 points.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anyone else sick of the childish, idiotic and cringe worthy names people have been naming their strains in the last few years?

So all you breeders know. I'm never going to buy or grow anything with a stupid name. Your stuff isn't any better than anything else out there with a normal name, and the stupid names you give your strain will be its downfall.

Everyone I've talked to in person over the age of 20 agrees. What do you guys think?
If I was to end up with something that had a stupid name, I'd just lie and tell people it was something else. Seriously embarrassing some of these names. Makes you feel like a child, just saying it drops your IQ 50 points.

I admit i have avoided strains i dont like the name of. Can you give an example of some names you dont like?

Dankanomics breeds some killers but i cant want to grow Creme’ Fraiche’.

Cream cheese weed. Yuck!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wont say specific names. Cause I just can't bring myself to do it.

But anything with girl scout and or cookies, or diesel, or cheese, or sour, or anything like that I automatically dislike.

I never grew girl scout cookies cause i think food names are silly and quite misleading.

But i always thought diesel was a good name and some of the best weed ever.

And cheese is just skunk. Which i agree can smell like a skunk.

I expected you to say berry gelato creamy gorilla or something like that. Lol.

BigCube

BigCube

Oh yeah all those too. Food names bother me too. But I have honestly never smoked anything that tasted or smelled like cheese, diesel or sour.

I drive a freightliner for a living. Even through gloves, filling up the tank makes my hands wreak like diesel. If any weed smelt like that, I wouldn't even give it away. I would trash can it. Same as cheese.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh yeah all those too. Food names bother me too. But I have honestly never smoked anything that tasted or smelled like cheese, diesel or sour.

I drive a freightliner for a living. Even through gloves, filling up the tank makes my hands wreak like diesel. If any weed smelt like that, I wouldn't even give it away. I would trash can it. Same as cheese.

Lol.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
LMFAO, this one here is called “stripper piss”. Ya no why....................because when she jumped off the pole and did the splits she piddled on the stage, accidentally, I saw it my self:)
There’s always a story behind the name.
2424ED34 820A 43C5 B0D1 D78C7937BE73

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah that would be something I wouldn't buy. 🤣

Also is something I wouldn't just tell people openly lol. I just think silly names are... silly. If I started my own strain, I would try to name it a marriage of the two strians that made it. If not that, something more clever and in the spirit of cannabis.
Names like northern lights, skunk and haze.

I dont want my smoke to be named after food, sex or man made petroleum based chemicals. 🤣

the rrock

the rrock

I dont ever buy weed and the genetics ive purchased couldnt care less what the name is,Ive never even thought twice about it,but apparently their names are working as threads like this would tend to bring attention to the gayass or kooky names being used to identify their work and make it memorable.As long as their not lying or misrepresenting their "strains" why would anyone really care.

BigCube

BigCube

I dont ever buy weed and the genetics ive purchased couldnt care less what the name is,Ive never even thought twice about it,but apparently their names are working as threads like this would tend to bring attention to the gayass or kooky names being used to identify their work and make it memorable.As long as their not lying or misrepresenting their "strains" why would anyone really care.

Uh what? That would be exactly why I didn't want to name any of them.. and I dont really care. Why the hell would I? People can name their things whatever they want.

I'm just pointing out how stupid it is. You would think an industry looking to be legitimate, breeders that care, and regular cannabis users would want the world to look favorably upon the fruits of our labor.

Can't remember the last time I saw a bottle of booze named tityfucker2000.
Just saying, it's almost as if a pack of teenagers have been naming things I the last few years.

If it's something you dont think is worth your time talking about, I suggest you dont. I on the other hand like to talk about things like this.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I think its cool, some of the strains I am growing right now mostly have been named by the area in which their landrace parent strain comes from. Kabul, Kalashnikov, Baikal.

I see where youre coming from BC, especially in the days of legalization and trying to prevent innocent youth they should be trying to get their hands on some girl scout cookies. But at the same time im with @1diesel1 and how they crack me up. I think its hilarious when relatives ask me what im growing and Im like some peyote cookies, or green crack, etc.

Have yet to tell them anything like tranny panties or stripper piss 😂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Uh what? That would be exactly why I didn't want to name any of them.. and I dont really care. Why the hell would I? People can name their things whatever they want.

I'm just pointing out how stupid it is. You would think an industry looking to be legitimate, breeders that care, and regular cannabis users would want the world to look favorably upon the fruits of our labor.

Can't remember the last time I saw a bottle of booze named tityfucker2000.
Just saying, it's almost as if a pack of teenagers have been naming things I the last few years.

If it's something you dont think is worth your time talking about, I suggest you dont. I on the other hand like to talk about things like this.

Here is a beer named Bean Flicker. Bet there is worse.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm going to name my next strain ( How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood ) ...

Your next cross will obviously be “all the wood he could chuck”

Me I’m going with Supercalafragilisticexpioladocious.

Even though the sound of it is simply quite atrocious. ;-)

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Names are way too overhyped and silly. I've grown a lot of different strains and often times things become cyclical and I start to think there's really only maybe only 2 dozen or so truly different strains, not thousands.
None really irritate me too bad but some are such a turn off it's hard to buy them. I cant see myself growing anything named after piss. I hate cotton candy, it's so damn gross to me so I could never grow something named that.

I think what gets under my skin the most is hype and hijackers.
Like Zkittles (another silly name) winning an Emerald Cup. That's cool and great for the breeder.
But within 6 months there's Zkittles autoflowers, feminized Zkittles from a half a dozen or more different breeders, and also crossed with Gorilla Glue, GSC, OG Kush and there might even be a CBD strain of Zkittles. You know damn well none of that new stuff has any connection what-so-ever to the Zkittles that won the EC. When I see that the breeder is immediately dropped from any consideration for me.

Top Bottom