Strain Sharing?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I think it's a persons perspective that really needs to change. When you gain enough growing experience you should realize something , it's just a plant

I think most of what you see is insecure people making themselves feel good by rubbing it in your face that they have something you don't. The rest are just people trying to make a buck off a name. Only way you give them power is by believing them. One thing is certain, it came from a seed. Don't give these people the power to mindfuck you, find your own elites and don't give them a audience. Fuck a name or elite clone it's a plant

B

brimck325

bit of a difference in my eyes....joe, you get ma gooey yet? she's here.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

People don't wanna give me their elite cuts because I grow them better than them. Makes them butthurt. Only people I hoard my shit from is the pigs!...or if someone really doesn't want there cut spread, I respect there wishes.
Hahaha! Word!

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I think most of what you see is insecure people making themselves feel good by rubbing it in your face that they have something you don't.

Agree, 100%. I'll be reading a good thread and then all of a sudden it turns into petty bickering "you don't have the cut, only I have the cut." You stupid asshole, grow the fk up. Have you seen the "F-Cut" thread on here or the others like it? It's fkn disgusting.

Sorry, I've been holding that in for a long time, lol.

alaskind

alaskind

Back in 02 peeps were completly hyped on forums I was on about OG and Bubba. and I mean HYPED. then by about 05 it was pretty easy for any serious player in Nor-Cal to get a cut of either. At the same time Urkle was hot and hyped. Then people made a billion different crosses with them. Some were good, others..... naht so muuuch. So, they have been passed, bred watered down, improved and turned out, but (& its a a big BUT), even today a well grown Bubba, or OG, or Urkle will still have a high demand if WELL GROWN and cured. I had a cut in AK of bigbud that was given to me and I shared it around, and Ill just say that I had the easies time finding a home for it, than any in my circle as I was very caring and attentive to my grows.... and especially to the cure. Ya see I was curing for over 2 months b4 it left my hands after a life of organic food, and a proper flush period, and a real Cure. So I guess what Im gettin at is if ya care to grow well, and do your best, than sharing with your friends shouldnt hold ya down. I think peeps hold onto clones as an act of "elitism"..... be careful of individuals that pray to the god of self... Lastly giving cuts out may bring twofold rewards.... one: if ya have a disater, U can get your genetics back, secondly your friends will be more likely to share their "elite" cuts with you.... gotta give love to get love... it just works that way...

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

IMO, some of the worst are peeps that want cuts of what you're growing, yet are unwilling to share what they have.

An argument can also made that even if you have "elite" genetics/cuts it doesn't automatically mean you're growing dank. I've passed a few cuts outs, then sampled the flowers and lets just say,the quality wasn't quite the same:rolleyes:
Elite genetics or not it still takes some skills to produce dank

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

People always wanted a clone of what I was growing and I was always willing to give anyone a clone of anything they wanted. Half the time the clone was dead a month later and they would ask for another or they grew the weed and that's what it was weed, not even close to what I did with it. I never really understood why that was because I never did anything special or used fancy chemicals just 20-20-20 and 5-50-17 in flower with some black gold and perlite and vermiculite, would tell everyone what to do and they could just never do it. Then about 10 years ago I had a guy over from work to do some duct work for me and I could see how excited he was to see living plants so I gave him a few. He is now a commercial grower in Washington and can teach me things I don't know about growing. Anyhow I think the more comfortable and confident you are in your growing the more willing your are to share and the less likely you are to share I think shows your lack of self confidence in your grows and more of a fear someone may grow it better than you. I was less willing to share when the guy I gave it too did a better job than me, but after growing up and just learning what I could from my new mentor I'm now back to my confident self and I would hope I never become that selfish person I did for a couple of years again.

alaskind

alaskind

People always wanted a clone of what I was growing and I was always willing to give anyone a clone of anything they wanted. Half the time the clone was dead a month later and they would ask for another or they grew the weed and that's what it was weed, not even close to what I did with it. I never really understood why that was because I never did anything special or used fancy chemicals just 20-20-20 and 5-50-17 in flower with some black gold and perlite and vermiculite, would tell everyone what to do and they could just never do it. Then about 10 years ago I had a guy over from work to do some duct work for me and I could see how excited he was to see living plants so I gave him a few. He is now a commercial grower in Washington and can teach me things I don't know about growing. Anyhow I think the more comfortable and confident you are in your growing the more willing your are to share and the less likely you are to share I think shows your lack of self confidence in your grows and more of a fear someone may grow it better than you. I was less willing to share when the guy I gave it too did a better job than me, but after growing up and just learning what I could from my new mentor I'm now back to my confident self and I would hope I never become that selfish person I did for a couple of years again.
^This is awesome.... I had a cellie in prison that wanted to learn to cook shards at the time I met him.... after sharing my love for cannabis and growing, he shifted his energy and passion, and by the time I left he had done some extensive reading on plant biology and was teaching me.... He also lives in Washington now and has been able to continue his endeavors... ;)

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

fuck the greed and share everything....

Thats what i say too . I spread my shit to friends . No problemo. When i had an old elite cut the guy let me spread to mmj patients and we agreed it could only be givin to others freely no bastardising and keep it away from the dutch though . lol. Actually i wouldnt worry if someone played with it. U.w. will still be u.w. . People say " give it out and it will come back " . I couldnt tell ya how much i passed out to patients and cant get it back after years of trying. I could care less now. lol. im good ! Ive had people offer me there elite cuts and say ' " yeah ' you can have a cut but promise not give out till they make beans to sell " . Then i said ,forget it ...lol. Lots of promises for a one time runner to me. lol. His gold my trash.......

happylittle

happylittle

When i was first starting down the path of growing some dank a met someone in a forum online. They gave me a couple clones and just having a couple plants that were elite gave me a new perspective on growing and the hand-up really helped me learn what good genetics are. So i now do the same.
thank you all for sharing you passions with others.

sixstring

sixstring

Personally, its a tightrope... having a trusted local growmie hold yer cuts is great genetic insurance just in case...
If that cat passes yer shit around to just anyone, it loses value...

loses even more if folk pass around poorly grown nugs tarnishing the plants name...

I'd say it really depends on the cut and your intentions with it.

this happened to me about 2 years ago.i gave a friend a few of my cuts after i did a build for him,then he passed the mk around to a bunch of hacks .it wasnt long before really shitty mk started showing up at dispenceries and i could not off mine there until i renamed it orange kush lol.then the fuckwad had the balls to ask me for another cut cause he killed his.im like really :confused:

Shamus

Shamus

Sometimes your asked to not give cuts out.. And unless your a liar they should stay locked down.
Word is bond
Don't betray your homies...

It's not always someone showing shit off

Personally I think people should freely share their hybrids they make as long as they have enough seed, and keep the clone onlys for locking down or trading if allowed and other things are worthy.
Other wise it's not your shit to share.. go make something yourself then YOU can decide what to do with it.
Go make the next gorilla glue, but in the mean time don't be mad that dudes respect their homies wishes and aren't handing out elite clone onlys to everyone and their brother..

Just being real.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Agree, 100%. I'll be reading a good thread and then all of a sudden it turns into petty bickering "you don't have the cut, only I have the cut." You stupid asshole, grow the fk up. Have you seen the "F-Cut" thread on here or the others like it? It's fkn disgusting.

Sorry, I've been holding that in for a long time, lol.

i know bro it gets a bit irritating at times. im not even gonna say that most of these cuts dont live to the hype because i know quite a few do, but ive had probably just as many that didnt seem that special. i just really dont see the damn point in hoarding. i can understand why a breeder might not share, but regular growers should be sharing freely, its only in your best interest. IMO, put limitations on stuff is pretty gay, but on the flip side most people do it because of all the greedy assholes so quick to cash in on anothers hard work so i get that. @brimck325 makes the best point ive read so far and people should take note, "to keep something, you have to give it away." my theory is, get a real job, share everything freely and take the profit out of all this rediculous shit. everyone should have the best ! all you dudes selling clones for thousands and seeds for $200 a pack should be ashamed of yourself

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

bit of a difference in my eyes....joe, you get ma gooey yet? she's here.

she's still eluding me bro, i have a few good leads but shes not here yet LOL. now thats a clone that 100% lives up to the hype. i highly doubt she would exist after 30+ years if she wasnt great !!

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

if everyone thought like you, your xmas bud project wouldnt be happening bro. do you see me in your thread letting you know that im the reason you even have the xmas bud ? no, because it was shared with me by a kind old soul and i shared it with someone else who preserved it to be SHARED with the community that your apart of. that was my agenda to SHARE it not HOARD it.
not trying to argue with you but you know what im saying is right. when people were gifting you there prized clones on your forum, i didnt hear you talk like this. in fact, you promised many people a cut of your skunk which you never followed through with, myself included. you told me back at TSD i could get a snip, but you likely dont remember that because you never had any real intentions of sharing it. it just gave you a rise, admit it bro. its all good though because i still wish you well, just make sure since your word is your bond, you at least follow through with your own word and you pay homage to the people that helped paved the way for you. you aint reinvent the wheel bro, your a spoke on the hub just like me.

Sometimes your asked to not give cuts out.. And unless your a liar they should stay locked down.
Word is bond
Don't betray your homies...

It's not always someone showing shit off

Personally I think people should freely share their hybrids they make as long as they have enough seed, and keep the clone onlys for locking down or trading if allowed and other things are worthy.
Other wise it's not your shit to share.. go make something yourself then YOU can decide what to do with it.
Go make the next gorilla glue, but in the mean time don't be mad that dudes respect their homies wishes and aren't handing out elite clone onlys to everyone and their brother..

Just being real.

Latest posts

Top Bottom