Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
DistyDemon

DistyDemon

I get little to no larf now. Solid bud right below huge fan leaves. I think there is middle ground for his personally even in a fully crowded room.

Do you need to up nutrients to compensate?
I dont. I dont change anything but how many leaves are there.
Lol

This does add 1 additional day between waterings/feedings

Vagician

Vagician

Again? Can he not see the difference? Another snide comment @1diesel1

Just remember, when you choose to roll around in the mud with pigs, they are having a blast while you are only getting dirty. Fuck the haters.

You have done a solid job of defoliating a crowded tent. I don't know if it was because of what I said or somebody else, but thanks for removing everything below the net, it looks good. The only thing you did wrong in this grow was possibly waiting too long to switch to flower and/or allowing too many tops to form. You're still going to get lots of good bud out of this.

Next time, try to guide a single, strong branch up through each square on the net, it will give you good spacing for lighting and airflow as the cola forms. To figure that number out, count how many squares of netting fit in your tent, it looks like a 6x6. 36 squares/8 plants = ~4.5 tops per plant. Call it 5 so that you have culling options. If you do this, those buds will be nice and chunky, evenly spaced across the tent. It will also allow you some space to adjust your lighting.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

This seems like more of a hydro/dwc technique than something that would work in soil. Not knocking what you are doing, just seems like the recovery and growth you get off hydro compared to soil would make a huge difference. Have you tried both to test or no?
I have not tested both

Vagician

Vagician

I'll go to bat for ya OP.

I'm a veteran grower. 10+ yrs growing, and extractions. Up until 1yrs ago, I never ever plucked a fan leaf. Maybe tucked out the way. I only topped, supercrooped, and lollipoopped. I NOW do a leaf strip 2 weeks in veg before flip. Then again between week 2 and weeks 3. I pluck every fan leaf (exactly like you've done). I leave all sugar leaves, or leaves from new shoots.

I now have zero larf. My larf is now usable thumb size nuggets, not destined for the trim bin.

I now encourage leaf stripping. BUT there is a time and place for it.

Before strip
2 weeks before harvest
Leaf stripped room

Looks great, the experience really reveals itself on that second picture.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

I get little to no larf now. Solid bud right below huge fan leaves. I think there is middle ground for his personally even in a fully crowded room.

Do you need to up nutrients to compensate?
An uptake in micro is what im doing and seems like a logical thing to do. Scientifically speaking 🤓

below frigid

below frigid

Today was day 21 of flower of the strain ICED OUT and I defoliated all the leaves off the plants. I have so many questions since this is the first time Ive ever done it like this. Normally I just trim some off. Will this actually produce more yield? Is there any tricks I should do to produce more? I plan on doing a 67 day flower cycle. How much bigger will the colas get? Check out the before and after picture and let me know what you think!

Before
View attachment 943003

After
View attachment 943002
Lol, Lol, sorry. Leave them if some are turning yellow pluck them. Maybe a week before harvest you can due some more serious de leafing. The last month outdoors I start plucking yellow leaves. Day before I get all the big stuff off that I can reach. Some are too tall. Only reason I do this is I find it easier when the plants are standing and hydrated.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Lol, Lol, sorry. Leave them if some are turning yellow pluck them. Maybe a week before harvest you can due some more serious de leafing. The last month outdoors I start plucking yellow leaves. Day before I get all the big stuff off that I can reach. Some are too tall. Only reason I do this is I find it easier when the plants are standing and hydrated.
Im not growing outdoors first off, and my leaves have never turned yellow because of lack of nutrients or age... They are gone by then and the top fan leaves never get old because its new growth

below frigid

below frigid

Im not growing outdoors first off, and my leaves have never turned yellow because of lack of nutrients or age... They are gone by then and the top fan leaves never get old because its new growth
Lol, it's ok. Since your indoors maybe you should take more off earlier?

below frigid

below frigid

Sorry dude, my point was maybe you should wait longer before you do such a extreme de leafing. Sun leaves convert light to productive energy for the plants. You will lose a lot of yield doing this so early in flower. Good luck. Try not to take everything so personal. We have all made mistakes along the way. Peace and out.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Sorry dude, my point was maybe you should wait longer before you do such a extreme de leafing. Sun leaves convert light to productive energy for the plants. You will lose a lot of yield doing this so early in flower. Good luck. Try not to take everything so personal. We have all made mistakes along the way. Peace and out.
No they dont... thats where I believe you are wrong. i waited 21 days into flowering and they dont need the energy if you are replacing the stuff they use energy to make

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Again utter bs and kool-aid thinking. If it hurt yields, I wouldnt do it, nor reccomend it to others. And I sure as shit woulndt post on a public forum if I personally did not think it's a viable way to grow and get a better yield.

This is my room just last night. I would normally do a harder deleaf, but had a lot of other garden duties.

I still pull 3.5+ from this room.

20200226 194051
20200226 214127

Reactions: Ina
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom