Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
HiDaze

HiDaze

Exactly!!! Thank you sir for a response that doesn't make fun of what if chosen to do with my garden and youve given the reader a little knowledge on growing! that is how a response to a tread is supposed to be... Once again, thank you for your informative post and thank you for not bashing my grow

You bet. Like I said earlier we are all here to help. Even some of the guys coming across a little harsh are trying to help in their own way.

Take anything you learn here with a grain of salt. Adapt your style to new information and experiment. Unless your grow is your source of income/livelihood you have time to enjoy this experience!

Learn your cultivation style and let it ride. You have no reason to worry.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol. They lowered their price by $200. Bummer if you bought the book sooner.

How can you not see its a marketing ploy and a rip off?

Says right on the cover average 1000 watt grow is a pound. But average is usually 2 pounds or more. Noobs get only one.

Hype! Designed to separare you from your money. After it fails to work guess you have to try their strains too.

They market anything to pot growers for too much money. Always been that way. $100 light bulbs for example.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Says right on the cover average 1000 watt grow is a pound. But average is usually 2 pounds or more. Noobs get only one.

Hype! Designed to separare you from your money. After it fails to work guess you have to try their strains too.

They market anything to pot growers for too much money. Always been that way. $100 light bulbs for example.

I wouldn't know.@

I wouldn't know. i never bought the book or even read it.... @MIMedGrower i understand and without a doubt you are an experienced and knowledgeable grower and your results are really amazing but there is more to growing that you are not allowing yourself to open up too. You would be amazed by the results. I wouldnt have believed it if it wasn't for seeing it with my own two eyes. more and more is making since to me. Im adding supplements that the plant would have produced by having the fan leaves. They are full of micro and macro nutrients. Its like the fan leaves are still there but light can now penetrate to the lower bud sites as well as the top colas. i dont measure my light in watts either.... I measure in lumins. i know of lower watt lights that produce more lumin than almost all 1000w

FourthCity

FourthCity

You're not suggesting this book is an overpriced guide designed to direct people to buy Haupt's nutrient line are you? But it has color pictures...

Honestly though, I have seen a pdf version and while some it has merit most of it is not something a recreational grower could legally duplicate so its kind of pointless in my opinion.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

You're not suggesting this book is an overpriced guide designed to direct people to buy Haupt's nutrient line are you? But it has color pictures...

Honestly though, I have seen a pdf version and while some it has merit most of it is not something a recreational grower could legally duplicate so its kind of pointless in my opinion.
See we are getting somewhere. IT HAS MERIT and truth. Is it cost effective and does it have proven results? YES!

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

This seems like more of a hydro/dwc technique than something that would work in soil. Not knocking what you are doing, just seems like the recovery and growth you get off hydro compared to soil would make a huge difference. Have you tried both to test or no?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wouldn't know.@

I wouldn't know. i never bought the book or even read it.... @MIMedGrower i understand and without a doubt you are an experienced and knowledgeable grower and your results are really amazing but there is more to growing that you are not allowing yourself to open up too. You would be amazed by the results. I wouldnt have believed it if it wasn't for seeing it with my own two eyes. more and more is making since to me. Im adding supplements that the plant would have produced by having the fan leaves. They are full of micro and macro nutrients. Its like the fan leaves are still there but light can now penetrate to the lower bud sites as well as the top colas. i dont measure my light in watts either.... I measure in lumins. i know of lower watt lights that produce more lumin than almost all 1000w

The book has been posted on another site. Its a picture book mostly. and it says to increase nutrients after stripping. Problem with that theory is the plant will grow leaves now instead of the buds it was focusing on.

And the wattage comment came from the front of the silly coffee table book. Sounds twice as good as it is the way they say that. Thats called hype.

Also many growers are getting 3 lbs per lamp now without “schwazzing”.

Keep in mind better weed comes from healthy not stressed too much plants.

But do what you do. Just dont pretend there is any science attached to this.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I knew they sold seeds but didnt know about the nutes. Makes more sense all the time. Brilliant marketing to rich pot smoking noobs.

Moshmen

Moshmen

This seems like more of a hydro/dwc technique than something that would work in soil. Not knocking what you are doing, just seems like the recovery and growth you get off hydro compared to soil would make a huge difference. Have you tried both to test or no?
No offense kinda looks like some SC plants ,he’s makin it work , although he will be the first to tell ya his methods are a little different

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Shouldnt matter in flower as much but i do agree if you need to increase nutrients to replace the plants natural system you would need pure hydro.

The jungle boys use rockwool.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Spare change the defol king

Never heard that name. I thought the dude at grow weed easy was selling this in his book as an advanced method more than 6 years ago. Problem is i matched his 4x4 yield with non mainlined non defoliated non hydro in my second year growing.

See to sell books and spin off products you have to offer something different. Doesn't really matter if its better. Just well marketed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And JB do it at flip

They do it twice I thought. Amd im not trying to argue hydro is faster. Of course it is. It is also necessary to keep the stripped plants alive. I think they would die that stripped in soil. Or ar least stay hopelessly stunted.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

I'll go to bat for ya OP.

I'm a veteran grower. 10+ yrs growing, and extractions. Up until 1yrs ago, I never ever plucked a fan leaf. Maybe tucked out the way. I only topped, supercrooped, and lollipoopped. I NOW do a leaf strip 2 weeks in veg before flip. Then again between week 2 and weeks 3. I pluck every fan leaf (exactly like you've done). I leave all sugar leaves, or leaves from new shoots.

I now have zero larf. My larf is now usable thumb size nuggets, not destined for the trim bin.

I now encourage leaf stripping. BUT there is a time and place for it.

Before strip
2 weeks before harvest
Leaf stripped room
20191223 195116
20200121 190825
20191011 222736

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'll go to bat for ya OP.

I'm a veteran grower. 10+ yrs growing, and extractions. Up until 1yrs ago, I never ever plucked a fan leaf. Maybe tucked out the way. I only topped, supercrooped, and lollipoopped. I NOW do a leaf strip 2 weeks in veg before flip. Then again between week 2 and weeks 3. I pluck every fan leaf (exactly like you've done). I leave all sugar leaves, or leaves from new shoots.

I now have zero larf. My larf is now usable thumb size nuggets, not destined for the trim bin.

I now encourage leaf stripping. BUT there is a time and place for it.

Before strip
2 weeks before harvest
Leaf stripped roomView attachment 945042View attachment 945043View attachment 945044

I get little to no larf now. Solid bud right below huge fan leaves. I think there is middle ground for his personally even in a fully crowded room.

Do you need to up nutrients to compensate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom