Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I am about 4 1/2 weeks in with some plants I took down to a 1 or 2 fan leafs per cola about 2 week into flower. It really did not seem to hurt them and they came back well. Final numbers and quality will be the tell all!!
It works with some strains, I have played with it... it really does not work well with heavy indica leaning strains but seems to work a lot better with sativa leaners, the more sativa the better it works IMO

Kush Dreams

Kush Dreams

truthfully, i haven't sideby'd, as med and others have. i have a goal- i reach it, awesome. if not: bummer... the ocd defol, I've been oops'ing, a few months, now- well, I'm tripling my goal, but i think it's more to do, with a lighting change and if med says it- i f'n, believe it... so- personal, preference. i get a "pretty" garden and i freak out as bad, as when i jack em up. i begin ny defols, with the best of intentions... and then, violate the S out of em; just my crazy, but I'm not missin any flower, based on... well, truthfully, my methods aren't likely to jive with anyone's n the room, so... nm... I'm lost. again, we've read the same articles, but those champions who've sideby'd... I'm just listening ;D. ty, med and the rest- very informative, reading between and wading through the... squishy, ewey, brown, steaming, depths...

I feel you dude
I'm a bit 👀 behind both you and med but then again.
If it takes me 50 years to get a seed bank started up.

Even if it never happens.

I'll have tried and I'll have gained some grade fuckin A dank in the meantime.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Like I said, you made a post for feedback! Whether it was negative or positive is beside the point!

Everyone on here may not have said your plants are trash! (Which im not even saying they are!)

But A LOT of people are telling you that you went WAY too far! And to disagree with those people all because its not the opinion you wanted to hear is dumb! What pisses me off is that you have posts claiming you know better then they do or that they dont know how to grow weed all because they disagreed or dont approve of this method is childish on your end! This in turn makes you a hypocrite!

I disagree with what you did to those plants because YES, I DO GROW DIFFERENTLY!

But you cant sit here and ask for advice on a technique you have never done to your plants personally and tell people that your method is better!

Also the method of technique you mention doesnt include:

1) the persons nutrients used
2) Lights used
3) environment

Or any of that

Ill tell you this...

I run five 630cmh fixtures.
I have 750-1000 ppm of CO2.
My temps are 82+ and Humidity is 40-45% in flower.
My nutrients are nutrients I ferment myself.

And I get 2-2.5lbs per light!

So if you come close to that # or beat those numbers then that method works for you! But it you dont pull those kinds of numbers then you need to give up on thinking that method is superior!

Ill leave you with pics of my plants for the record!View attachment 943206
Week 3.5-4 of flower
View attachment 943207
Week 5.5-6 of flower
View attachment 943208
Week 6 of flower
View attachment 943209
Week 8
View attachment 943210
week 7
View attachment 943212
Finished!

Seeing as your plants are at least week 2-2.5 into flower you are already behind my method!

But ill be following the thread for you to prove me wrong! Good luck sir!
Nice grow! its obvious you have more than a 3x3 area to grow in. but we'll see what happens. Remember! Thats 8 plants in a 3x3 with 750hps

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It works with some strains, I have played with it... it really does not work well with heavy indica leaning strains but seems to work a lot better with sativa leaners, the more sativa the better it works IMO

Just to throw more wrenches into this thread I have had the opposite experience.

Taking some big fans from bushy indicas seems to help firm up the lowers for me.

Every grow can be different

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Dumbass party and no invite? Shame on y’all. I’m just here to 👀. I’m old school. I only remove sucker shoots and leaves that are spent. Started leaving just one sucker at the bottom of every plant just in case it’s a keeper pheno.

Anthem

Anthem

That is really interesting, the plants I did it to are an odd mix. Strain is something a friend gave me and told me it was a good producer so I am running it. What is odd about plants is that they have structure like an indica being bushy, but they stretched pretty hard. Leafs are odd because the large fan leaf's gorw large l
Nice grow! its obvious you have more than a 3x3 area to grow in. but we'll see what happens. Remember! Thats 8 plants in a 3x3 with 750hps

Is it the poor me party now?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Okay... Too many comments not to respond to. If you are here to learn, sit down and take your lesson like an adult or at least a mature child. Its time for my two cents!
Practice emoji. :-)
@MIMedGrower you heard the man, sit down and take your lesson like an adult or at least a mature child! A god has spoken. Hahaha.

I don't even give a fuck if you grow buds the size of my arm from stripping your plants. You have made it clear that no one knows what they are doing when it comes to growing cannabis, unless they are doing exactly what you are. Did you come here to take a shit on the entire community? You seem like the immature one here. Good luck with the rest of your flowering cycle. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Just to throw more wrenches into this thread I have had the opposite experience.

Taking some big fans from bushy indicas seems to help firm up the lowers for me.

Every grow can be different
I wouldn't call that defoliating, thats more pruning & sure I agree with that take, but I am talking STRIPPING 70-90% of leaves not just taking the biggest fans off

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

@MIMedGrower you heard the man, sit down and take your lesson like an adult or at least a mature child! A god has spoken. Hahaha.

I don't even give a fuck if you grow buds the size of my arm from stripping your plants. You have made it clear that no one knows what they are doing when it comes to growing cannabis, unless they are doing exactly what you are. Did you come here to take a shit on the entire community? You seem like the immature one here. Good luck with the rest of your flowering cycle. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

~nugzz
i asked for any advice not a fucking pissing contest. if he didnt agree wuth my method move the fuck along. stay in your lane!

Anthem

Anthem

i asked for any advice not a fucking pissing contest. if he didnt agree wuth my method move the fuck along. stay in your lane!
Considering the number of times you have posted and the about of flaming you have created I would have to say you are the one creating a pissing contest. Own IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Wow that escalated quickly
Nothing better then someone asking for advise but calls everyone a dumbass 🤦‍♂️
Every reply has said your plants are stretched yet you tell everyone they are wrong. Why are you even here? I’m a novis and pretty easy to tell they were reaching for light through most of veg.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Wow that escalated quickly
Nothing better then someone asking for advise but calls everyone a dumbass 🤦‍♂️
Every reply has said your plants are stretched yet you tell everyone they are wrong. Why are you even here? I’m a novis and pretty easy to tell they were reaching for light through most of veg.
i called one person a dumbass and now im in a fight with the whole room. hes actally a dumbass....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Dumbass party and no invite? Shame on y’all. I’m just here to 👀. I’m old school. I only remove sucker shoots and leaves that are spent. Started leaving just one sucker at the bottom of every plant just in case it’s a keeper pheno.

True dat , about keeping a sucker around , if you didnt clone.....
See that , right there ..... , i just learned something !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom