Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
02trueblue

02trueblue

LMAO at all the haters!! haha they've never seen super heavy defoliatin like this i guess... it does look pretty scary at first. I've taken everything up to the very top leaf set before when defoliating first week of flower. It does work...

To all the naysayers - You won't even be able to tell he did a defoliation.. just wait a couple weeks.

People will be quick to hate... hopefully they chime back in near harvest time haha

@BrandedForLife ... you do you! Prove 'em wrong. I should do this to one of my plants again next round and join you

Kush Dreams

Kush Dreams

So what you're telling me is that your plants went from this:
View attachment 943497

To this:
View attachment 943498

In 2 days even with it not uptaking hardly much for 1 of those days?

Could be co2 do you run any Branded ?
also are you in optimal vpd

Still my opinion that the bottom third won't produce all that much but your buds are looking good overall

deff gonn be looking forward to updates!

THCMonster

THCMonster

swear on my life, il facetime you whenever and how often youd like

Ok i believe you on that, i can tell they are the same plants so i know you aint lying, Thats just alot of fan leaf growth for just 2 days, but you are using the flora flex system so i could see that. Are you in Hydro or Coco?

And are you using the flora flex nutes?

Also what week are you in? 2.5-3?

THCMonster

THCMonster

I wanted to use that flora flex system when we got them in at work a while back, but my stalks get way to big too use those covers, but i have tried the distribution cap they have.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Could be better lighting and angle of pic .....
Also when you take skinny pants out of the frame , your brain sees different things.....
Second pic is just zoomed in, I dont the two look that different.

Without getting into the debate on whether or not using this technique adds weight, it seems like at the very least it would increase the ratio of weight of the leaves inside the bud as I expect they will grow more than normal to make up for the missing fan leaves. I don't know about anyone else here but I'd rather have a higher calyx to leaf ratio, even at the cost of overall bud weight.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Second pic is just zoomed in, I dont the two look that different.

Without getting into the debate on whether or not using this technique adds weight, it seems like at the very least it would increase the ratio of weight of the leaves inside the bud as I expect they will grow more than normal to make up for the missing fan leaves. I don't know about anyone else here but I'd rather have a higher calyx to leaf ratio, even at the cost of overall bud weight.

Well calyx weight is always normally more then the actual sugar leaves, i mean have you ever trimmed and had more weight in sugar leaves then bud? I never have

I usually yield upwards of almost 10lbs per harvest but my trim only is if im lucky 3-4lbs of trim.

The only reason i know my weights for both is because i make distillate so i weigh my trim to determine my return.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Well calyx weight is always normally more then the actual sugar leaves, i mean have you ever trimmed and had more weight in sugar leaves then bud? I never have

I usually yield upwards of almost 10lbs per harvest but my trim only is if im lucky 3-4lbs of trim.

The only reason i know my weights for both is because i make distillate so i weigh my trim to determine my return.
No, I have never had more weight in sugar leaves than bud but thats what gets trimmed off around the bud, Im talking about the amount of leaf material that gets left behind in the bud after trimming. Im saying if I had a 10 lb harvest and could magically remove 1 lb of that inner, post trim, leaf material I would, even though that would mean losing a pound.

THCMonster

THCMonster

No, I have never had more weight in sugar leaves than bud but thats what gets trimmed off around the bud, Im talking about the amount of leaf material that gets left behind in the bud after trimming. Im saying if I had a 10 lb harvest and could magically remove 1 lb of that inner, post trim, leaf material I would, even though that would mean losing a pound.

Damn really...

If it still looked like nice bud i wouldnt! That would be $2000 down the drain for me! Im in it for great bud, but im still the asshole thats in it for the $$$, $2000 is too much to give up to me! Unless my customers were complaining weight is weight! But thats just me! I got bills and a family to feed! I cant afford to trim out $2000 worth off my buds

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I get what youre saying. The buds will grow more leaves to compensate for the loss of leaves from defoliation. So rhe buds will have more leaf mass than they would have without the mass stripping.

Right?

I have to add that I have been noticing this with led grows since the cobs and boards got popular.

Do led grown buds have more leaf mass?

Cmh grown certainly does in my experience.

Lilolme

Lilolme

This thread popped up in my “ hey look at this” list so Imma lookin. 6 plants in a 3x3? Maybe I’m doin somethin wrong I can barely fit one in a space that’s roughly 4x3. I have wondered if a massive leaf removal is helpfull or not and have to keep myself in check when I do remove leaves, once a few come off the fear is gone and I get all snip happy. Two days later its as if I hadn’t removed anything and shes all bushy again. I have a kinda system I follow when it comes to snippin leaves if I didn’t my ocd would cause my head to explode. Low and limp, long and leggy, shading a bud, those come off first then its kind of a matter of appearance snippin a few just to shape things up. I do this every few days if I didn’t the light wouldn’t get past the canopy. The other side is I leave a lot of stuff a more experienced grower would have long since removed. I wish I had room for 6 of these. 6 weeks veg now in third week flower the buds are really startin to plump up. Here’s somethin for after trimmin up fresh bud, well not you your already there, two or three slices of pepperoni in a bowl, microwave till the oil come out, eat the pepperoni, use the oil to clean the gooy stuff off of your fingers. Melts it right off
EC2A5B1E 448D 4B8B 9C4E F6DB57F4C17A

Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

I only read the first page, im sure there was some fun stuff to read in the middle pages but whatever

those will be alright - you'd be surprised how much you can take off and they keep chuggin along - as long as they're doing well before you defoliate...if they're not, then thats when it can be a problem, but those will be fine

GrassTown

GrassTown

I am a fan of major defoliation depending on the type of growing medium you are using. Not a fan of the I'm better than you attitude. Like many people have said there's so many ways to grow. Hell some people strip the plant to one node on the day they switch to flower and get amazing results. Each there own, we're all just people following a passion so tensions rise and people take shit personal. Ease up, we're all entitled to our own opinions and if you don't wanna hear them, don't ask? 😘

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

This thread popped up in my “ hey look at this” list so Imma lookin. 6 plants in a 3x3? Maybe I’m doin somethin wrong I can barely fit one in a space that’s roughly 4x3. I have wondered if a massive leaf removal is helpfull or not and have to keep myself in check when I do remove leaves, once a few come off the fear is gone and I get all snip happy. Two days later its as if I hadn’t removed anything and shes all bushy again. I have a kinda system I follow when it comes to snippin leaves if I didn’t my ocd would cause my head to explode. Low and limp, long and leggy, shading a bud, those come off first then its kind of a matter of appearance snippin a few just to shape things up. I do this every few days if I didn’t the light wouldn’t get past the canopy. The other side is I leave a lot of stuff a more experienced grower would have long since removed. I wish I had room for 6 of these. 6 weeks veg now in third week flower the buds are really startin to plump up. Here’s somethin for after trimmin up fresh bud, well not you your already there, two or three slices of pepperoni in a bowl, microwave till the oil come out, eat the pepperoni, use the oil to clean the gooy stuff off of your fingers. Melts it right offView attachment 943657

Fma, how long did you veg that?

chemistry

chemistry

Should have put a Poll on this topic. lol I think I watched Mr Tight do this hard strip method to one of his big indica's, and it grew big buds, and I think he took more odd leaves off along the way through flower, it's a long time since I've watched any of his vids. The method for me hinges on the fact the plant in the wild would produce stronger and more potent trykes to put off marauding leaf munchers like deer, don't know if insects fall off the leaves stoned, no point eating them if they don't I suppose. lol. Only five weeks to go. 👍

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

I am a fan of major defoliation depending on the type of growing medium you are using. Not a fan of the I'm better than you attitude. Like many people have said there's so many ways to grow. Hell some people strip the plant to one node on the day they switch to flower and get amazing results. Each there own, we're all just people following a passion so tensions rise and people take shit personal. Ease up, we're all entitled to our own opinions and if you don't wanna hear them, don't ask? 😘
@GrassTown if someome told you your plants were shit and should throw them in the trash as start over, wouldnt you get a little ticked off. I understand if he doesn't agree with my method but no need to poke at, make fum of some looking for advise from some growers out there that would know what to do in my current situation. Like my first post states, first time.... any tricks i should know or do to help them recover.... never once have i come across as someone who knows it all. just someone whose been doing for a while looking for some help, like most of us on this site... if you learned a way to increase your yield, wouldnt you want to learn?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Why would you do that? While i prune my plants all the time you need some leaves left, if some of your leaves were turning yellow cutting them off is not going to solve the problem, often leaves turn yellow in flower, you dont cut off every leaf off the plant. In my opinion, see those yellow leaves? It's an auto and a dwarf 60 days old, im not going to cut off every single leaf, i dont care, it will be done soon enough.

20200222 165032
Moshmen

Moshmen

Yea, i feel like ive been negative or mean in some of my posts ,
So i was trying to see the upside...

But truthfully "wow" meant holy shit , this aint good.....

My first reaction was not a good one so i said "wow"
And i told you to wait for others to chime in....

But one more response like "wow" and not in a good way , then i would .throw them away , get a better plan for next time.....
Sometimes I fight to keep every green leaf I can Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom