Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

So what makes you think that's a good idea? Plants, ALL plants absorb sunlight (and other good stuff) through their leaves. You've pretty much just stopped all growth w/o a chance of recovery. This is what is called stoner science my friend. Think about this for a moment. Would you do this to your tomato plants, or any other fruit / flower bearing plant? Ganja is no different. I fear your plants may die at this point. You may want to harvest what you can now
omg.... Here we go again. Have you read any of the post previous of your post?

Terpz719

Terpz719

I'm a fairly new grower and have been following this thread. Let me see if I can summarize all sixteen pages of it. There are those who say heavy defoliation is beneficial and there are those who say it isn't. So... Those that want to can use heavy defoliation and those that don't want to don't have to. Does that about cover it?

THCMonster

THCMonster

funny coming from you. I have a belief that if I told you the 1+1=2 you’d argue till I’m blue in the face. Many people have told you under the right conditions, this actually works but you still refuse to believe it. Please hit the unfollow button because no matter how many people tell you it works you’ll disagree

Can you prove to me 1+1=2 though?

Lmao 😂

FourthCity

FourthCity

I'm a fairly new grower and have been following this thread. Let me see if I can summarize all sixteen pages of it. There are those who say heavy defoliation is beneficial and there are those who say it isn't. So... Those that want to can use heavy defoliation and those that don't want to don't have to. Does that about cover it?
I think the range of opinions expressed here are a little bit more nuanced than that even if they have not all been articulated very well.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

it is beneficial if humidity is a problem or there are a lot of plants in a small area. it does produce bigger potent buds if you defoliate, but there are things that are needed if someone wants to do this. Secondary nutrants being one. a good light being two.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I think the range of opinions expressed here are a little bit more nuanced than that even if they have not all been articulated very well.
Point taken. I thought it just came down to defoliation or not, and whether it be light, medium, or heavy. I guess the timing matters too. Like I said I'm fairly new. Seems like many techniques and styles are often times made out to be more complicated than they are.

02trueblue

02trueblue

it is beneficial if humidity is a problem or there are a lot of plants in a small area. it does produce bigger potent buds if you defoliate, but there are things that are needed if someone wants to do this. Secondary nutrants being one. a good light being two.

This guy gets it. It has it's place, that is for sure.

This guy also gets it.

So what makes you think that's a good idea? Plants, ALL plants absorb sunlight (and other good stuff) through their leaves. You've pretty much just stopped all growth w/o a chance of recovery. This is what is called stoner science my friend. Think about this for a moment. Would you do this to your tomato plants, or any other fruit / flower bearing plant? Ganja is no different. I fear your plants may die at this point. You may want to harvest what you can now

This guy doesn't get it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Point taken. I thought it just came down to defoliation or not, and whether it be light, medium, or heavy. I guess the timing matters too. Like I said I'm fairly new. Seems like many techniques and styles are often times made out to be more complicated than they are.

Ot is not an either or technique. It is a tool to help get more airflow through the canopy. Past that its just hype.

Like flushing or any misunderstood gardening technique.

If you hear it called “schwazzing” its hype to sell an incredibly overpriced book and nutrient line.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

This guy gets it. It has it's place, that is for sure.

This guy also gets it.

This guy doesn't get it

Actually, I disagree. I think he gets it, but is more in the camp of not heavily defoliating. I'm more or less in that camp too.

This is not to say that I don't understand what the OP is doing. Can it be done? Sure ... he's doing it on his own grow. I can see where he would need the airflow and the light penetration with the number of plants in his little 3 x 3 tent. I've tried sea of green ... which is kind of what he's doing with his plants so close together. I didn't like the crowding and how difficult it became to take care of my plants. But I was also growing in soil and that does make a difference.

It's my preference to give plants space and to leave green leaves on the plant unless it's shading too much.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Ot is not an either or technique. It is a tool to help get more airflow through the canopy. Past that its just hype.

Like flushing or any misunderstood gardening technique.

If you hear it called “schwazzing” its hype to sell an incredibly overpriced book and nutrient line.
Omg... here you go again... And again you are wrong. It has nothing to do with air flow

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Omg... here you go again... And again you are wrong. It has nothing to do with air flow

You think that is true. I already showed buds down to the dirt with a fully bushy leafy plant in your thread. And with less light than you are using.

I only have loose or small lowers when its too crowded for proper air flow. Leaves are not solid to light and the plant filters light through them.

Thats why this is bro science

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Agree with picking overlapping leaves. Dont want trapped condensation.
Last time @MIMedGrower i thought you had an understanding as to what I’m doing. I’m only coming to realize that no matter how much I explain it to you, you won’t understand. It has nothing to do with air flow or overlapping leaves. Iy really simple. When you remove the leaves in budding it makes the buds get bigger and more potent. It to allow light to get to the lower bud sites so that they grow in size and potency. It’s the stress on the plant and the light that I’m doing it for...

Last edited:
BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

You think that is true. I already showed buds down to the dirt with a fully bushy leafy plant in your thread. And with less light than you are using.

I only have loose or small lowers when its too crowded for proper air flow. Leaves are not solid to light and the plant filters light through them.

Thats why this is bro science
Light filters through the leaves? You are nuts bro. They do but not enough to make a difference to the lower buds. When you defoliate it’s focuses energy to grow buds bigger and light makes it more potent

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Light filters through the leaves? You are nuts bro. They do but not enough to make a difference to the lower buds. When you defoliate it’s focuses energy to grow buds bigger and light makes it more potent

Then how did i grow the plant i showed?

And mid buds that are shaded a little tend to be more frosty and potent. Proven in lab tests.

you realize i have studied all this. I didnt learn from forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom