Stroking buds increases size/density

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I think we've settled that its poppycock and im not wasting my time with an experiment anymore. But who knows, well see.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Nice. Any input beyond what was provided?
No he did a great job of explaining it actually,I will say that it has many more uses such as keeping a canopy below fence levels and keeping alot of airflow around buds of certain plants that are more susceptible to rot etc etc.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Geologic,I remember that thread well, I learned this technique 35-40 years ago not from a rastaman but instead from a meximan,lol.One of the very first things i learned about growing.

> not from a rastaman but instead from a meximan

------------------------------------------------------------

I've posted here on The Farm about reading, in the 60's, the British Indian Hemp Commission observations.
(I may be conflating some of this stuff with the Minutes and evidence from the UN Single Convention Treaty
[12 volumes, or whatever]).

One of the observations from Mexico was:
they shape the plants into the form of a hollow vase.
There's two easy ways to do that PruningForMainstems.

So: Jamaica, Mexico;
and I bet a lot of other places around the globe--
it's extremely intuitive...

L

larebowm

how much veg time needs to be added to this teqnique.i wouldnt think youd get away with a 3 week veg.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

In the link that clockworx posted says its a 30 day veg I'm pretty sure
I was a little confused with some other things I'm looking at right now. Once you get to know what your doing with mainling I believe you will add only as little as ten days to your veg time. But if you set up a nice perpetual system it won't matter how long it takes to veg once you get into full swing. Even without a perp. An extra ten days veg really isnt much.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Out in my neck of the woods we have strict plant numbers. Mainlining was introduced to me as a way to achieve maximum density in a double trellis setup with minimum numbers. Thing we shoot for: 1 plant, 5x5 foot print, 1.5-1.7 grams per watt. This method is about how long you have to veg a plant out. More time= better structure before the flip.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Out in my neck of the woods we have strict plant numbers. Mainlining was introduced to me as a way to achieve maximum density in a double trellis setup with minimum numbers. Thing we shoot for: 1 plant, 5x5 foot print, 1.5-1.7 grams per watt. This method is about how long you have to veg a plant out. More time= better structure before the flip.

5x5 footprint sounds good.
PruningForMainstems is quite versatile. Like I've said, I've never grown indoor;
just outdoor with a "natural" full growing season (started outdoor under sun).
For the last 25 years I've kept the plants ~3-4 feet tall, well below fence level, in a 25 foot square garden UrbanBackyardPharming environment.
Part1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Back in the old days" I kept 'em much larger with minor variations of the same pruning method.
My last (...) garden in Georgia had plants that averaged 7-8 feet tall--
32-64 mainstems with 4 foot Colas de Zorras...
OssiferDanny

Last edited:
monkeymun

monkeymun

"Back in the old days" I kept 'em much larger with minor variations of the same pruning method.
My last (...) garden in Georgia had plants that averaged 7-8 feet tall--
32-64 mainstems with 4 foot Colas de Zorras...
View attachment 360837

Are those old photos of your garden? How long ago was that? And what happened with the cop in the garden?

Latest posts

Top Bottom