Stumped. any idea's of what this could be?

• Thread starter Neueregel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah plants looking very nice. Watering needs change as the plants grow drastically so you need to change with them.

Have a read here and ill pop back in a few hrs. If you have questions as i didnt get to read the thread but when @Moe.Red tags me the first thought goes through my mind is maybe he is going to adopt me so i come running lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yeah plants looking very nice. Watering needs change as the plants grow drastically so you need to change with them.

Have a read here and ill pop back in a few hrs. If you have questions as i didnt get to read the thread but when @Moe.Red tags me the first thought goes through my mind is maybe he is going to adopt me so i come running lol

Your timing is impeccable as always. I really need that read atm cause I'm learnin the hard way what the word "hydrophobic" means 🤣😣

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@Aqua Man wellllll you’re up for adoption? If Mo won’t adopt ya, I will. Mo and I live in the same state and could share custody! 😝

Neueregel

Neueregel

I have zero experience with your grow style / nutes but it looks to me like the plants are mostly healthy with a little drooping that may be related to watering.

I only see this on old growth and it looks like at one point the plant got hungry and started moving mobile nutes up to new growth. It looks to me as if it has been corrected but these leaves will not recover. If this were my grow they would have been trimmed off by now and I would have never seen the problem because as you clean up the plant from the bottom it requires less nutes to support what’s left.

As you bring up temps the plant will respire more so you will need to address the new needs for faster growth. What are your watering practices exactly and what is your water source?
@Moe.Red are you saying i need to defoliate? Thanks

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

yes that is what i have been doing. so i should strip it down bare again even in flower mode?
Wait I assumed these are photos based on the pics, are they?

Those look like photos in veg to me. Not even close to flower mode yet. How long ago did you flip?

My real point about defoliation is that if you were using these methods you likely would never have even seen the issue you first posted about.

Neueregel

Neueregel

So this gets into grow styles. I typically push a little harder than just "let the plant do it's thing."

But yes I would be preparing that canopy for flower with my scissors.

What is your goal?

Wait I assumed these are photos based on the pics, are they?

Those look like photos in veg to me. Not even close to flower mode yet. How long ago did you flip?

My real point about defoliation is that if you were using these methods you likely would never have even seen the issue you first posted about.
first week of flower so 3 days ago.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That's the one I was looking for. You should sticky all these in one thread and I'll just link it in my sig. Coco, PH, VPD, all of them. Virtually every question asked about how to grow is answered. Or maybe you should just write a book?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

first week of flower so 3 days ago.
yes you are still fine to crop or FIM them and defoliate them how you see fit. I probably would have vegged for a little longer, but don't flip back it will just confuse them. Keep in mind they have not really entered the stretch yet, that middle cola will be significantly taller than the side ones by the time they flower. Some people grow them out that way, others bend the plant to suit the best use of light.

Zombierider

Zombierider

@Zombierider @PerfecTrader @CannaGranny @2Bad here are my plants. the one on the right is 4 days younger. this is week 1 of flowering
Keep doing what you're doing and listen to people like MoeRed and Cannagranny, they really know what they are talking about vs random people, like me, who have limited experience. That being said, your plants are looking very healthy and happy to me! I grow in coco coir currently and also have dealt with droopy leaves, in my case it was too high heat/light intensity. Just got to learn to read the plant, ask questions, and eventually it will all come together, literally, in a big fat joint lol.

Moshmen

Moshmen

yes you are still fine to crop or FIM them and defoliate them how you see fit. I probably would have vegged for a little longer, but don't flip back it will just confuse them. Keep in mind they have not really entered the stretch yet, that middle cola will be significantly taller than the side ones by the time they flower. Some people grow them out that way, others bend the plant to suit the best use of light.
I defol at flip or first week and then again about week 3/4 with no problems if anything it has improved yield

Top Bottom