Stumpy's House

• Thread starter Stumpy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

@CharmCity915 do you know how much you are thinking you will yield on the El Fuego?
Look what I found on the fuego today as I was scoping trichs
She had maybe 2 weeks left but they later webbing and all, all over this beauty @Stumpy420 .. I'm thinking of doing a dry ice extraction on the buds from her

20160806 085151
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

@Stumpy420 this is my first run in with pest. I had gnats once from a bag of soil. Now I gotta treat about 15 plants that are in veg

20160806 092321
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Hell yeah lookin phat. I'd like to eventually get my hands on some cheese.. I'm sooo ready to be hitting this perpetual grow hard. I need to be having good bud, all the time. This almost no weed ever shit is for the birds.

Hell yeah lookin phat. I'd like to eventually get my hands on some cheese.. I'm sooo ready to be hitting this perpetual grow hard. I need to be having good bud, all the time. This almost no weed ever shit is for the birds.
Dude here are a few pics of the El Fuego I harvested brotha man

20160806 094255
20160806 094255
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I swear this site has been messin with me and double loading or deleting uploaded pics

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

That cheese is looking super healthy.

I got my fire-berry kush bent over, I'm waring for her to turn up then sending her into flower. I'm hoping I don't have any trouble like I have been having with the SFxY3.. she is either a flowering nute whore or a little sipper.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

So I'm reading
and ph

I want to send her into flower soon-soon. Do I need to do anything? I'm going from like 50 watts of direct cfl's to 400w hps, but I could put her under the 250w hps for a few days to get her used to the hid. Like I said I want to do this right. No problems like I've been having with starfighter x yeti 3 and somewhat with the big chipper. Big chipper is still a super easy plant to get through flower with.

On another note,
Dear @Seamaiden

So could part of the problem I'm having be that I'm going from little lighting in veg, to alot more lighting in flower? It would make sense that they would need more nutes, but I have salt build up around the bottom. I think as I'm watering and not feeding, it's washing the soil's original salts out. The salts that WERE in the soil, are now in the drain pans and the outside salt ring around the bottom the pots. Plants are now hungry, as there are no nutrients. Cupping, tips and stripes (chlorosis), tips curl Up, brown dried and necrotic spots.
Does this make sense?

I'm thinking if I clean the bottom of the pots and drain pans, I will get a butt load of a better ppm reading. That needs to be done regularly even in soil, I'm starting to find out.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Veg looks like this though, fertilized 1 time, 600 ppms. A while ago.
1470601509032 1714738298

Every time I water I'm gonna have to flush. Unless I get an ro system.
6weeks in flower, never ferted..
every time I water with tap water I'm adding 200ppms, they don't eat 200 ppms a week with a 250w hps.
Flushing everything down as far as possible and then feeding with 2.5 ml micro/gal, and like 9 ml bloom, if anyone thinks it's a good idea...

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

These guys have only been watered. Now they are down to under 500 ppms each (from soil's start of 1000ppms). Time to feed?
1470606439649 1807998861

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dunno a lot about all this but once a ph pen fucked me up
I now use the drops close enough I reckon what do you think?
Ph is huge and over looked by most

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Dunno a lot about all this but once a ph pen fucked me up
I now use the drops close enough I reckon what do you think?
Ph is huge and over looked by most
Haven't bought a ph pen. Don't want to have to buy solution for it lol. This works fine. If you read it right it is spot on.

bigblue72

bigblue72

looking good @Stumpy420 I'm pulling up a chair to see how they turn out

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
like your prune lollipop tree..
These guys have only been watered. Now they are down to under 500 ppms each (from soil's start of 1000ppms). Time to feed?View attachment 623402
Don't forget to brush your teeth!!!
so ppm of what??
Must be what pen is for..
old skool dirt man here...
If I messed with all that they would die for sure...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
On another note,
Dear @Seamaiden

So could part of the problem I'm having be that I'm going from little lighting in veg, to alot more lighting in flower? It would make sense that they would need more nutes, but I have salt build up around the bottom. I think as I'm watering and not feeding, it's washing the soil's original salts out. The salts that WERE in the soil, are now in the drain pans and the outside salt ring around the bottom the pots. Plants are now hungry, as there are no nutrients. Cupping, tips and stripes (chlorosis), tips curl Up, brown dried and necrotic spots.
Does this make sense?

I'm thinking if I clean the bottom of the pots and drain pans, I will get a butt load of a better ppm reading. That needs to be done regularly even in soil, I'm starting to find out.
I prefer to use the slurry method to figure out what's going on in the root zone. Yes, the light is the driver, the motor so to speak so you could also be causing problems by bumping up light too quickly, but usually that's in the form of burning (not nutrient burn) or chlorosis of newer growth, then sudden yellowing of older growth as N is translocated from older to newer tissues.

There's a third leg to this stool that I'm still working on learning better but can't really put to use right now and that's vapor pressure deficit. I haven't concerned myself with it a whole lot because outside there isn't a lot you can do about it, but indoors it should be. So I also find myself wondering what your VPD is if that may be playing a role in what you're observing.

The pots that you've shown, that looks like hard water rings to my eyes.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

like your prune lollipop tree..

Don't forget to brush your teeth!!!
so ppm of what??
Must be what pen is for..
old skool dirt man here...
If I messed with all that they would die for sure...
The ppm in the run off of the soil. Yeah that's a tds meter pen or ppm, whichever you prefer. It's just another way of measuring e.c. I'm so close to figuring this out. My brain is finally figuring out soil. I like dwc because you don't have to really water. Just bump up the nutes every couple of weeks or so, keep ph in check, and keep lighting in check and I was golden. Soil is the hard one for me. I would think it would be easier, but there is alot more to it than dwc, to me, at least..

So I also find myself wondering what your VPD is if that may be playing a role in what you're observing.
im thinking so too. It's the last thing to be concerned with, as I just put a vase in the room a few days ago and has not evaporated much. I will check temps and humidity when I get off work.

I'm thinking with my hard tap water, I need to do more regular flushes, as I was just trying to avoid flushing altogether.

This has been a very tough situation that is making me evolve as a grower...

I WILL SUCCEED!

so if ky goes legal I want to be the first person to make "KY Bluegrass" buds. Will need some outside help for blue buds...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Amazing results from such a small container..
I really think plaits and growers have a special bond..
They absorb the energy and good care..

Top Bottom