Subcools Organic Super Soil?

• Thread starter SG420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SG420

SG420

About how much would it cost to make 60 or 80 gallons worth of this soil? Is it cheaper to buy online if where please provide links. *ALSO will the soil last me throughout the whole entire grow?

Illmind

Illmind

Yea not huge subcool fan but his soil recipe is official for outds and inds.. I used his sunshine 4 dip with pretty dzl results.. If amended right yes whole grow covered just add h20 had to tweak mine a bit for certain clones..

SG420

SG420

Yea not huge subcool fan but his soil recipe is official for outds and inds.. I used his sunshine 4 dip with pretty dzl results.. If amended right yes whole grow covered just add h20 had to tweak mine a bit for certain clones..
Yea but that doesn't answer the full spectrum of the question. How much to make 60 or 80 gallons worth of soil. Or is it cheaper to buy a premade organic super soil?

Robert72181

Robert72181

When I made the standard recipe with eight bags Of dirt it filled up 6/30 gallon pot exactly

Underthesun

Underthesun

Yea but that doesn't answer the full spectrum of the question. How much to make 60 or 80 gallons worth of soil. Or is it cheaper to buy a premade organic super soil?

I guess you just need to do a little math. Take the recipe, figure amounts needed, and then source it out. You may not enjoy the math, but it needs to be done if you want to spend the least amount of money.

Bannacis

Bannacis

The cost of the ingredients vary too much. plus nobody knows what those ingredients you will actually use.
like Under said, figure your amounts going into mix. then research the cost of each ingredient that will cover said amount.
but to answer your question...anywhere from $100 to $500.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Dang doggy! Don't be so demanding, people do not react well to that kind of attitude, plus your questions have too many variables to answer succinctly. Do your own research

Dunge

Dunge

I guess you just need to do a little math. Take the recipe, figure amounts needed, and then source it out. You may not enjoy the math, but it needs to be done if you want to spend the least amount of money.
Don't mind if I do.

FBXseeds super soil

This formulation is extracted from readings on the subject on thcfarmer.com and a desire to create a reproducible medium from available products.

When properly executed, six bags of purchased goods will blend together to yield a very
reliable organic soil.

It is demonstrated to carry a plant through 9 weeks of flower in a three gallon pot.
Water, light, humidity (most like about 50%), and keep the temps in the 75 to 85 deg F range.
Heavy watering every 3-5 days.

one bag of each:

ProMix HP large bale
compost large bag from Down to Earth (DTE)
Worm castings from DTE if you can find them or the best you can get.
3 pound bag of blood meal
3 pound bag of bone meal
DTE high P Bat Guano (0-7-0) or like product ie. rock phosphate.

Mix well and use.

If smaller quantities are wanted the bucket recipe is:

ProMix - one five gallon bucket
Compost - 6 pounds 7.5 quarts
worm castings - 3.8 pounds 2.75 quarts
blood meal - 136g 210 ml.
bone meal - 136g 220 ml.
bat guano - 384 ml.

The closest commercial product I know of that aspires to like requirements is
Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

Bannacis

Bannacis

here's a list of Subs soil.

Subcool's soil recipe broken down for the lazy folks

Full Recipe
8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tablespoons powdered humic acid

1/2 Recipe
4 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
12.5 to 25 lbs of organic worm castings
2.5lbs steamed bone meal
2.5lbs bloom bat guano
2.5lbs blood meal
1.5lbs rock phosphate
3/8 cup or 6 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1 tablespoon powdered humic acid

1/4 Recipe
2 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal
1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano
1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid

1/8 Recipe

1 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
3.125 to 6.25 lbs of organic worm castings
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces steamed bone meal
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces bloom bat guano
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces blood meal
3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid

I have found myself in the Organic section of GC a lot lately and have learned a lot from the great group hanging out here.

Top Bottom