Summer Grow, Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Looks like you've been busy!! Thank you for the update, kolah. The garden is looking wonderful! The photos gave me a much needed sense of peace right now. Be well.

K

kolah

TY Goodsen, ...Glad ya appreciate it and I am always happy to share with others who have similar interests. This is my creation here, my retreat, a safe haven and something that gives back in far more ways than I could ever give. When I get out of this earthsuit I hope to leave this land a far better place than it ever was while still keeping it's sacred virginity.

I am hoping and praying for a nice harvest this year, as well.

K

kolah

Night time temps dipping into low 30's and we've had two frosts already. It's a bit odd as my sativas are thriving better than my indicas and blooming earlier and better. I think my land has some very different energy vortex on it. I have also had 4 lightning strikes on my land in the last 3 years and two others that were quite close to its borders. I'll post some pics soon....that's if I don't get struck my a lightning bolt.

K

kolah

Fuckin A..I hope I dodged a bullet. We had rain last next and then a very slight freeze. I didn't cover any plants and have no heater in the greenhouse. About 2 AM I pulled my Jeep up close to the greenhouse and let it run all night in hopes that some of the engine heat would transfer over to the GH. (I made sure the tailpipe wasn't belching fumes on the plants) This morning I have lots of rain-soaked buds, 85% RH and we got frost and my horse troughs have a thin film of ice. I didn't notice any frozen leaves but some of the pistils have browned and curled down and most of my plants are not ready for harvest yet. I have a couple gals that may get the chop if this weather keeps up. After my coffee I'll head out and shake off all the plants the best I can. Gud' dang it. :mad:

I need some wind and sun to clean things up.... and a lil help from above. ;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
aww man Kolah..I hope they will be ok....you got frost...and most are getting a heat wave! Crazy

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Good luck on saveing them,hope it warms up a little for them. You have a wonderful place and garden,looks peaceful !!!

K

kolah

I'll post some pics today as I finally got a day off work...I took a job selling booze at a liquor store and work four 12 hour days, kinda rough while trying to get plants to harvest. I'll work the job for a bit, save a little cash and then quit. :)

update:

these gals are close to harvest:

Royal Hawaiian x Sweet Tooth (mostly a sativa but go figure that it is finishing so quick) BTW she is my prettiest and stickiest plant with pink and purple pistils and nice full buds. She's in the GH. This strain did well in all the crazy temps here and no matter what happens (lack of water, high or low temps) she always has her leaves angled for the sun and perked up..even in the freakin night. I love those plants that have that trait no matter what they face.

Power Kush (from Dinefem): a tiny straight indica plant that I stuck out on a dirt pile. The breeder claims a 50 day flower time and that seems about right. It will be a very small yielder but I hope the quality of the smoke makes up for that. I think PK would be better for an indoor grow where space is limited.
====================================
Bubba Shines are very slow to flower up and one plant is way behind. I may lose one after last night as she has always been a bit weak and sickly which I isolated outdoors away from the others. For the ones that are budding there is zero smell from them. I do not think they dig the cold up here...or possibly the elevation. They have a looong way to go to finish. Patience is a virtue.

Afghani #1 from Sensi: 100% indica and I bought these seeds for two reasons: their early finishing time (50-55 days) and for their strong indica qualities. Sadly my two plants are far from finishing and 50 days has long passed. They are big plants (for 100% indica's), have lots of branches but lack smell and the buds are loose and scattered. They do not exhibit the typical indica look as their appearance seems to lean more towards a sativa strain. Odd.

DJ Shorts Vanilluna: I have 3 of these and so far I am not impressed with them. They do not even resemble a typical mj plant, with odd leafs (very mutant-like), peculiar bud growths, limpy and few pistils and zero smell. They claim 50-60 days to harvest and that won't be happening either. It appears this will another strain that will be a low yielder. While in veg, I took 2 clones off them and put them in little 2 quart pots and just let them go in in my sunroom 24/7 and they are doing much better than the ones in the GH. I think this strain might do better indoors. I am a bit discouraged on their outcome so far but I'll stay hopeful that they kick into high gear and deliver.

The sun is up and I'll be heading out to check for damage and further thin out some leaves to reduce any mold issues. If some are close to being ripe, I may have to give them the knife and hang them. In the GH I have 4 strains in 5 gallon buckets and I may move those ones into the sunroom with the other 3. Me thinks my sun-room is gonna be a bit crowded. Peace out!

...more when I post pics

note: These are my honest observations. I mean no disrespect towards any breeders by my comments. Growing in this climate and elevation does has its restrictions and problems and it is an ongoing challenege to find the best strains that grow in this area. Id also like to note that I am far from an expert MMJ grower and have been doing the best I can with what I got.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Kolah, hope you get them babies in, sounds like it's turning south on ya in a hurry..
i remember texas kid had the same kinda trouble, early frost, believe he was quite a bit lower than you..
anyway i know what you're going through.

mother nature can be such a whore// didn't rain for 3 months around here, some plants died, i watered others, then come Sept. we get 8 inches of rain, buds start to rott from wett and cool. had to pick some today... they look pretty good but i would have left them longer if not for the dreaded rott.....

may the harvest gods smile down on your grow/// jerimah kolah jones

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I'll post some pics today as I finally got a day off work...I took a job selling booze at a liquor store and work four 12 hour days, kinda rough while trying to get plants to harvest. I'll work the job for a bit, save a little cash and then quit. :)

update:

these gals are close to harvest:

Royal Hawaiian x Sweet Tooth (mostly a sativa but go figure that it is finishing so quick) BTW she is my prettiest and stickiest plant with pink and purple pistils and nice full buds. She's in the GH. This strain did well in all the crazy temps here and no matter what happens (lack of water, high or low temps) she always has her leaves angled for the sun and perked up..even in the freakin night. I love those plants that have that trait no matter what they face.

Power Kush (from Dinefem): a tiny straight indica plant that I stuck out on a dirt pile. The breeder claims a 50 day flower time and that seems about right. It will be a very small yielder but I hope the quality of the smoke makes up for that. I think PK would be better for an indoor grow where space is limited.
====================================
Bubba Shines are very slow to flower up and one plant is way behind. I may lose one after last night as she has always been a bit weak and sickly which I isolated outdoors away from the others. For the ones that are budding there is zero smell from them. I do not think they dig the cold up here...or possibly the elevation. They have a looong way to go to finish. Patience is a virtue.

Afghani #1 from Sensi: 100% indica and I bought these seeds for two reasons: their early finishing time (50-55 days) and for their strong indica qualities. Sadly my two plants are far from finishing and 50 days has long passed. They are big plants (for 100% indica's), have lots of branches but lack smell and the buds are loose and scattered. They do not exhibit the typical indica look as their appearance seems to lean more towards a sativa strain. Odd.

DJ Shorts Vanilluna: I have 3 of these and so far I am not impressed with them. They do not even resemble a typical mj plant, with odd leafs (very mutant-like), peculiar bud growths, limpy and few pistils and zero smell. They claim 50-60 days to harvest and that won't be happening either. It appears this will another strain that will be a low yielder. While in veg, I took 2 clones off them and put them in little 2 quart pots and just let them go in in my sunroom 24/7 and they are doing much better than the ones in the GH. I think this strain might do better indoors. I am a bit discouraged on their outcome so far but I'll stay hopeful that they kick into high gear and deliver.

The sun is up and I'll be heading out to check for damage and further thin out some leaves to reduce any mold issues. If some are close to being ripe, I may have to give them the knife and hang them. In the GH I have 4 strains in 5 gallon buckets and I may move those ones into the sunroom with the other 3. Me thinks my sun-room is gonna be a bit crowded. Peace out!

...more when I post pics

note: These are my honest observations. I mean no disrespect towards any breeders by my comments. Growing in this climate and elevation does has its restrictions and problems and it is an ongoing challenege to find the best strains that grow in this area. Id also like to note that I am far from an expert MMJ grower and have been doing the best I can with what I got.
hey brother i just wanted to let you know i have the power kush in house, and ran it once. kept her around,,the smoke is a+++. low yielder yes.. but is worth having...hope you got a good pheno
DSC01685

K

kolah

yep..thats it TJ. I am quite impressed with Dinefem seeds. I also have their White Siberian (AK47xWW) and it is a beauty. MY PK did well here in the climate, flowered early and should be finished up in week. The WS is coming along well and also tolerates the weather quite nicely here.

Mogrow, everyone survived last nights weather. The forecasters call for a bit warmer nights this week. Day by Day...thats all I can do. The cold nights have definitely been slowing down the flower cycle though. That is why most of them are so far behind. They are shutting down at night.

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Appreciate the detailed updates, kolah. Be well, stay safe. (And don'cha work too hard.):)

K

kolah

Did some serious trimming. That little gal straight back is my "dwarf" BubbaShine. To the right is big Sensi Afnghan #1 and is really slow to flower. If she ever fills in she'll be a big yielder. Up closer and right are some sativas and hybrids in buckets.

Dcp 3931

Thats DJ's Vanilla Moon on the left and in the foreground. Bigass purple stems on these babies.
Dcp 3932

K

kolah

I often take my bucket plants outside the GH. This is a very nice Royal Hawaiian x Sweet Tooth cross that has done magnificent here in the Rockies. Always perked, not fusssy about climate or feeding and it's turning frosty with thick dense buddage. She smells kinda skunkish strawberry. I only got one fem out of six seeds but shes a winner. I would love to get more of this. I'd bet she'd kick ass if put in the ground.

Dcp 3936
Dcp 3935

K

kolah

new addition, my sunroom (all made with leftovers, reused lumber, used windows and bartered sliding glass door. It costs me about 300 bucks so far. I still have to find some nice exterior siding (ala Craigs List) I'll insulate and drywall the inside this winter. Once the tipi canvas rots out, I'll scrap the tipi and build a attachment addition with a nice loft onto the sunroom
Dcp 3881

Latest posts

Top Bottom