Summer Grow, Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Next up and straight ahead is a Afghani #1 from Sensi Seeds and to the right (hard to see) is one of the Bubba-Shines. July was not good for growth as it was way too hot and the plants were shutting down but the last two weeks have been very good. Everyone is healthy and kicking into bloom cycles. Now my challenge is to keep these gals warm at night while keeping humidity levels down.
Dcp 3860

K

kolah

OK..straight ahead and a bit to the left is a little Bubba Shine that has struggled a bit. She's small but healthy. I really think BS needs double doses of ferts and they do not like to have too much water. To the right is another Bubbashine and it is nice and big with monster fan leaves. I attribute it's good growth to the rainwater it gets as directly above it is my roof vent and when it rains she gets a treat. To the right are a few sativas in 5 gallon buckets. Those girls will be pulled out of the GH and end up in my new sunroom once it gets colder
Dcp 3861

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Bitchin'! These look great! its been getting cold at nights round these parts too. Do you have electricty in the GH? Ha you could sew together 20 king sized down comforters to throw over the whole green house. No but seriously you could cover the whole thing at night for some extra insulation. Im thinking of putting a heat blanket down over my rootball when its starts to real cold.

sox

sox

your home/thread is awesome..i lived in the same style Tp in northern idaho for about a year in 03, it was awesome. i was 15 and a run away!
good luck on ur grow and property!
Love & Light
~Sox

K

kolah

Bitchin'! These look great! its been getting cold at nights round these parts too. Do you have electricty in the GH? Ha you could sew together 20 king sized down comforters to throw over the whole green house. No but seriously you could cover the whole thing at night for some extra insulation. Im thinking of putting a heat blanket down over my rootball when its starts to real cold.

No power, Walt. Covering and closing up things will spike high humidity levels. Last year it caused a very mild case of PM between doing that and running a propane heater..which I quickly learned heating by propane raises humidity levels thru the roof. I am shopping around for a small wood stove which will combat that by lowering humidity and keeping temps up. I will put straw on the bed floor though to help insulate their roots. And I will bring in some good size rocks to hold thermal heat.

K

kolah

Ok, since this thread is entitled Bubbashine..heres my best girl. They are a bit behind the other strains in regards to flowering but I am sure they will kick into gear. That taller one behind her is an Afghan #1 (notice that big moth hanging off a big fan leaf?) (you can click on the image to blow it up a bit more) I do not get too worked up with bugs and stuph' getting on my plants as long as they all get along. I often find when I start killing stuff indiscriminately that it comes back to bite me in the ass. I've had lots of leafhoppers and some grasshoppers in here as well as moths and other flying things and quite a few ants as well. Even a few small inchworms too. But everything is staying in a nice balance. I know if I was a bug this would be a great place to hang out in, ya know? :)

Dcp 3866

K

kolah

next up, thats DJ's VM and the supercropped baby. Look at those nice shoots which I hope will become monster colas. I am very impressed with DJ's seeds. VM is a cross between his Blueberry sativa and his Blueberry indica so it should be a awesome hybrid. We'll see. Notice some of the odd shaped leaves that is very typical of this strains. Notice to the right that some leaves look crinkled and paper thin and do not even resemble MJ. (that's a tomato blossom in the far left lower corner)
Dcp 3871

K

kolah

Nice! is that squash under it?

Good eye! there is a few squash plants, a few cukes and a few ears of corn in there. I like to put them in there for companion plants. IMO it produces a happy environment for all...including me. A couple small cherry tomato plants in there as well. There are about 500 red wiggler worms in the soil too...who work 24/7 without a gripe. They aerate the soil and lay down a ton of worm castings...and the little slimers love to reproduce...so all is good.

sox

sox

companion planting is awesome!
I love the leaves on DJs BB plants...you can always tell a real DJS BB or BB x by the leaf structure...and those are def it!
good work!

K

kolah

companion planting is awesome!
I love the leaves on DJs BB plants...you can always tell a real DJS BB or BB x by the leaf structure...and those are def it!
good work!

Yup! Thats the Real McCoy from DJ's works. I cloned off two but really have no way to keep them mothered so the little girls are now flowering. I probably should have gifted them to someone to grow out and/save but it's probably too late. I'll take some close-up pics of them and start another thread on the VM. I ain't found anyone who has grown this out yet and the strain has been around a while. I am a DJ groupie so to speak.

K

kolah

another shot of DJ's with the Superskunk in between. Along that back wall is another DJ VM. I keep 3 temp/RH gauges in the GH, one in the high roof area, one at plant level and one at ground level. You'd be surprised in the differences. Somehow my dog always gets in the pictures, lol.
Dcp 3876

K

kolah

next..I really needed more ventilation and without power to run fans I started putting in some more vents. I may even put more in as they start to flower. The next greenhouse will incorporate much more openings. But this little 10x12 GH has been a little powerhouse for me...although a "prototype" so to speak.
Dcp 3878

K

kolah

As you can see I cut a few more openings in the front for venting and installed 1/2" squared screening to keep critters out. On the outside will be next years outdoor gardens (still in the works). This will be for pototoes and yams. I'll compost through the winter. The fencing (still in the works) is made from dead standing Aspen trees off my land. Aspen makes makes wonderful furniture too. I have rock-climbed to the top of both of those large rocks in the background. A killer view once up there.
Dcp 3880

K

kolah

Dcp 3881
My new sunroom addition...much needed. Yes it takes away my "tipi appeal" but I needed more space and light. This will be a blessing come winter and I can keep my sativas in here while they finish. It's great to sit in there at night and see the stars and moon and stuph.' Also killer to sit in there during a rainstorm. I'll put a small pot belly stove in there for winter and I bet it will be sweet to sit in there during a nice blizzard. Gotz' to get ready for winter as I have started splitting my firewood. The sunroom still needs siding and then I'll start dry walling the interior. It's dried in though and weatherproof.

Top Bottom