Summertime Blues? Not Round Here!

• Thread starter MrRojos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRojos

MrRojos

Just had a pm ask about how I pick which to breed.I'm horrible at elaborating so I'll do it quick right now.
The beans that are not going to be labeled are not apart of any crosses that I plan to do.
This season I'll backcross let's say yeti to its self.will pick best female best male.since won't know how either really is I'll be going off visual indicators. (Most vigour,best structure,tightest internodes,smelliest. Etc)
Next year I will run let's say 80 of that backcross.(if I want a stud male to use in projects here's what I'd do)
Will keep (again off visual indicators) let's say 5 males.I'd then take those 5 males and cross them to 5 strains each,with each strain being clones off same plants.
Example:yeti#1 x Scott's og
Yeti#2 x Scott's og
Yeti#3 x Scott's og etc...
I'd do that to like 5 strains.
A real stud will start to show in that each lady he hits offspring will be at least some what "better" than his brothers kids.
NOW I'd have my proven yeti stud.
I'm no chimera or any other famous badass breeder and I'll humbley say that all day long.
I Dibble tho and have for awhile but still have to more to learn than I could in a lifetime.
I wanted to elaborate further because I didn't before and was pm about it so I figured if that question came to his mind might as well go into further detail for everyone to see.
I always keep in mind that the famed chemo was from bag seed so you just never know buuuuuutttt when really trying to make a great cross that's not how ya go about it.

I was blessed with having some knowledge passed down by our pot forefathers so when doing a serious breeding project I really try to do it right.respect to those who came before and will come after:)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I always keep in mind that the famed chemo was from bag seed so you just never know buuuuuutttt when really trying to make a great cross that's not how ya go about it.

I was blessed with having some knowledge passed down by our pot forefathers so when doing a serious breeding project I really try to do it right.respect to those who came before and will come after:)

If I find the next winning bagseed pheno I'll send you some :). Bagseed isn't usually the way to hunt.
But it can lead you down some very interesting & maybe fun paths.

I often wonder though, how many potential phenotypic lines have been dismissed due to being considered inferior? Before ever even been given a chance to grow.

I figure pop'em all.

MrRojos

MrRojos

If I find the next winning bagseed pheno I'll send you some :). Bagseed isn't usually the way to hunt.
But it can lead you down some very interesting & maybe fun paths.

I often wonder though, how many potential phenotypic lines have been dismissed due to being considered inferior? Before ever even been given a chance to grow.

I figure pop'em all.
Hell yeah,buy seeds from great breeders but if you get some amazing smoke and you find a few seeds in it might as well.
Alot of breeders have a guy to thank because he grew "bag seed" and laid the foundation for alot of today's great crosses.Real chem is fire!
That's the fun in being a hobbiest grower like most of us.we don't have to take ourselves so serious and you get to grow anything you want without being labeled a pollen chucker lol
Except maybe by a troll or to lol

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

That soil mix looks great. Looks a lot like the soil I am about to mix up. 4o yards by hand, I need to loose some weight anyway.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I am a total pot head, and I might of forgot, but what do you grow in? I think you said beds, what size? Any smart pots?

I got gophers bad, so I have to grow in smart pots, or raised beds with metal mesh underneath. This year the deps are getting 45 gallon smart pots. Large greenhouse has raised beds, 2+ yards per plant. Then I added two 5 yard smart pots to see if they will outperform the beds. Outdoors I go with 400 or larger.

MrRojos

MrRojos

I am a total pot head, and I might of forgot, but what do you grow in? I think you said beds, what size? Any smart pots?

I got gophers bad, so I have to grow in smart pots, or raised beds with metal mesh underneath. This year the deps are getting 45 gallon smart pots. Large greenhouse has raised beds, 2+ yards per plant. Then I added two 5 yard smart pots to see if they will outperform the beds. Outdoors I go with 400 or larger.
Nice! I bet it has its problems like any place but man these mountains are tuff on us! I lost 2 greenhouses last season so kind of having to switch styles.
1st one we had freak hail storm dropped baseball size chunks that broke every window,destroyed cars,and turned even the sturdiest green houses to swiss cheese.
Rebuilt it and 1st week of December 18 inches of snow collapsed most everyones greenhouse again around here lol..luckily had already harvested but lost some good genetics.
Mine was 30x80 still sad about losing my baby.
This year going with a smaller design but building many of them.I'll post pics when time.
I'm doing raised beds they're 8 ft wide 3 ft deep and 50 ft long.
Shooting for around 20 of those.
Setting up gravity feed system that goes in the middle of the mulch layer for teas/innoculant and have top layer system that mostly do light feeding from it. I'll post pics of that to.
Wife's bitchin tho will elaborate further on set up when I can find a place to hide lol later

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Wife's bitchin tho will elaborate further on set up when I can find a place to hide lol later

Seems like any time I spend more time on anything besides the wife she starts to get upset.
As if she is jealous of the things I'm focusing on at the time.

We need our own hobbies/ personal space to explore.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The wife and I are together way too much, but she still bitches when I am working, lol. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with my family, and work at home. You would think that would be enough.

If making the wife happy was easy, then we wouldn't recognize a challenge when we see it. Keeps us sharp. I don't even want to think about my wife and dealing with me, jesh, hell I tell ya.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The wife and I are together way too much, but she still bitches when I am working, lol. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with my family, and work at home. You would think that would be enough.

If making the wife happy was easy, then we wouldn't recognize a challenge when we see it. Keeps us sharp. I don't even want to think about my wife and dealing with me, jesh, hell I tell ya.

I'm glad to hear it's not just me who feels this way.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Today traded some buds had in the head stash for 2 packs of B.O.G lifesavers and 1 pack of Diamonds and Dust from GGG..They will all be germinating very shortly and will be attending this summers swaray:)

MrRojos

MrRojos

Tad neglected because schedules been hectic,but check it..Lol(wasn't planning on a rhyme but kinda turned into one:)
long way till summer think should have some beasts.I'll be adding aprox 70-90 more to the mix soon.Bog..bodhi..loompa.. TR seeds..refferman..
Only 6 out of that picture are clones so have to grow more to compensate for all the dudes who will show up uninvited to the ladies only spring bling:)

2016 02 12 023656
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Hello all,
Been visiting the community for awhile as a guest finally decided to join the family.Started germinating the outdoors grow seeds the other day tomorrow they'll be in soil. I will update threw out the entire grow.Hope you all enjoy.
These are non fem seeds(not a fan of fem seeds) that I will veg in the basement until go in the outdoor beds when time comes.I veg until each are big enough to clone then clone/sex/discard males.
Seeds are a big mix of Bodhi gear,loompa,exoticgenetix,and some are mine that I made last season from some awesome genetics I had crossed with a voodoo from exoticgenetix.
They are all mixed up and will not be labeled.why?Just a thing I do outdoor some years(I label every other strain project I do) to pay tribute to a old native American buddy of mine who was big into "soul growing" which amongst other things is picking plants from how they grow, look, smell, etc. (Other projects I do label everything and follow planned genetic lines.This is not one of those projects) The community is invited on the journey thank you guys and hope you enjoy.

Just got the 454 casull today am really excited about it so figured what the hell I'll include it in the pic if not a gun fan I offer my deepest apologies no disrespect intended we get bears an mountain lions out here. have never had to shoot one,pray I dont,but if being mauled to death would in a heart beat .Thanks will update pics soon.
Such a cool photo with all those little tails that will eventually grow into pounds of buds.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Tad neglected because schedules been hectic,but check it..Lol(wasn't planning on a rhyme but kinda turned into one:)
long way till summer think should have some beasts.I'll be adding aprox 70-90 more to the mix soon.Bog..bodhi..loompa.. TR seeds..refferman..
Only 6 out of that picture are clones so have to grow more to compensate for all the dudes who will show up uninvited to the ladies only spring bling:)
Do u think u might find a keeper?lol.
Wat bodhi & loompa did u put in the mix of seeds?i think thats so cool mixing them up so u dont let names or expectations of those names affect the way u treat em.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Do u think u might find a keeper?lol.
Wat bodhi & loompa did u put in the mix of seeds?i think thats so cool mixing them up so u dont let names or expectations of those names affect the way u treat em.
Ol Indian friend of mine calls it soul growing lol It was hard to just mix up great breeders seeds the first time I ever did that but now it's damn near automatic.
I am also growing ones that are labeled but it's really cool to just pick great plants for theyre beauty and characteristics from a completely unbiased perspective :)
Thanks you guys for the kind words and will continue to update!:) later dudes

MrRojos

MrRojos

Today bought couple worm farms from a buddy will post some pics soon.They come in 35 gallon totes with 4 lbs of assorted worms.
Dudes a trip and loves them damn worms like they were his kids.He's been at it along time and I got some really great inside info from what he's observed over the decades.
Had to laugh, he said they love lettuce,green beans,asparagus,etc buuuuuutttt if they had to vote they'd be holding signs yelling we want melons we want melons.he was dead serious lol.
Watermelon,honey dews,cannalopes,any melons you can find apparently in his years have a affect on how much castings they produce but he claims that when feed sweet fruits (no citrus) the buds terpene profiles really shine brighter.
Not sure scientific analysis would back those claims but when a guy has been doing something with awesome results since Jimmy carter was in kindergarten I tend to take they're word ,will def be giving them what they voted for lol.

Top Bottom