Sun bleaching/Yellowing leaves

• Thread starter Bestsmellintheworld
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bestsmellintheworld

Bestsmellintheworld

Noob here.
Many thanks in advance for any and all feedback.
First-time outdoor backyard grower here. Received 13 sun-hardened starts on 6/14, a variety of papaya and bbk, and immediately transplanted to 20 gal woven grow bags.
Grow medium:
Bottom 1/10th of bag filled with Coast of Maine Lobster Compost, remaining top 9/10ths with Pro-Mix
Nooch:
On transplant, day used 2 pints very diluted Garden Rich Root & Grow (as per directions) for each plant
On day 1 loosey top-spread 1 Tbsp Roots Organic Uprising foundation, followed with 2.2 liter of water on each plant
Watering
1.5 - 2.2 Liters tap ( pH tested around 6.5) first thing in the morning. Was planning on watering every day for the first week to ensure a solid transplant and then take it from there on letting them dry out a bit more with the old finger in the soil test.
Placement
Day 1 & 2 mix of sun and shade, moved on day 3 to full sun.

Its been hot here, dry days and humid days and between 75-85.
I'm a bit worried I either zapped them with too much nutrient upfront (followed the directions from their daddy - a very experienced farmer) or they're getting too much sun. They're shorties still, nothing over a foot tall.
I've cut back the yellowed/bleached leaves, but now see that there is a little more yellowing happening in different ways.

Hoping I'm just being an overly concerned plant mama and that they'll bounce back no prob.
Happy to hear all the ideas y'all are willing to share.

Sun bleachingyellowing leaves
Sun bleachingyellowing leaves 2
Sun bleachingyellowing leaves 3
Sun bleachingyellowing leaves 4
Sun bleachingyellowing leaves 5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Noob here.
Many thanks in advance for any and all feedback.
First-time outdoor backyard grower here. Received 13 sun-hardened starts on 6/14, a variety of papaya and bbk, and immediately transplanted to 20 gal woven grow bags.
Grow medium:
Bottom 1/10th of bag filled with Coast of Maine Lobster Compost, remaining top 9/10ths with Pro-Mix
Nooch:
On transplant, day used 2 pints very diluted Garden Rich Root & Grow (as per directions) for each plant
On day 1 loosey top-spread 1 Tbsp Roots Organic Uprising foundation, followed with 2.2 liter of water on each plant
Watering
1.5 - 2.2 Liters tap ( pH tested around 6.5) first thing in the morning. Was planning on watering every day for the first week to ensure a solid transplant and then take it from there on letting them dry out a bit more with the old finger in the soil test.
Placement
Day 1 & 2 mix of sun and shade, moved on day 3 to full sun.

Its been hot here, dry days and humid days and between 75-85.
I'm a bit worried I either zapped them with too much nutrient upfront (followed the directions from their daddy - a very experienced farmer) or they're getting too much sun. They're shorties still, nothing over a foot tall.
I've cut back the yellowed/bleached leaves, but now see that there is a little more yellowing happening in different ways.

Hoping I'm just being an overly concerned plant mama and that they'll bounce back no prob.
Happy to hear all the ideas y'all are willing to share.
Water the whole pot thoroughly then wait for it to dry out well before watering again. Roots don't grow into dry soil and watering like that can cause dry spots and soil issues later on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom