Billyboat

Billyboat

Here are some close ups...
NEw315
New3152
New3153

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I guess the reflector looks more interesting in those pics. But can you replace it easily like the Gavitas for $35? If not then they're not for me.

The Philips ballast is limited to 5ft remote cords, where Welthink told me their newest ones go to 17'. I'd still like to check both with a light meter and the same bulb, and also compare the Welthink with a short cord.

Quantrill

Quantrill

where does it say the Philips ballast is limited to 5 foot from ballast to lamp?

the info I have says 30 feet max ballast to lamp.

Last edited:
Billyboat

Billyboat

I guess the reflector looks more interesting in those pics. But can you replace it easily like the Gavitas for $35? If not then they're not for me.

The Philips ballast is limited to 5ft remote cords, where Welthink told me their newest ones go to 17'. I'd still like to check both with a light meter and the same bulb, and also compare the Welthink with a short cord.

Yes the reflector is replaceable.

Billyboat

Billyboat

@Billyboat
Which do you prefer? The original sunsystem, the new sunsystem or the d pap?

I haven't had the new SunSystem setup long enough to know just yet.

I like the way the dpap throws the light much wider but I hate the mounting brackets.

I also like how the reflector insert is replaceable.

I think that the dpap and the new SS 315 will be neck and neck, only time will tell.

sdgrower

sdgrower

I haven't had the new SunSystem setup long enough to know just yet.

I like the way the dpap throws the light much wider but I hate the mounting brackets.

I also like how the reflector insert is replaceable.

I think that the dpap and the new SS 315 will be neck and neck, only time will tell.
Thanks!

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

where does it say the Philips ballast is limited to 5 foot from ballast to lamp?

the info I have says 30 feet max ballast to lamp.
I must have gotten old info, it was from Philips literature but maybe a prior version? Sorry I can't find it now. I know the original Welthinks need short cords and maybe even the 2nd gen ones. Others here reported decreased performance with longer remotes.

Yes the reflector is replaceable.
Does it pop off, or need to remove those screws? Looks good for the price, I might buy one to compare when I get time. Most of my CMH are vertical with the ballast up high, which is why I needed remotes.

FYI sunlight has a decent room design applet on their website now, with parameter options for these, DEs, and other reflectors they sell.

Billyboat

Billyboat

@Billyboat do you think the 315 would be better than a single 600 hps?

Yes all day long.

I must have gotten old info, it was from Philips literature but maybe a prior version? Sorry I can't find it now. I know the original Welthinks need short cords and maybe even the 2nd gen ones. Others here reported decreased performance with longer remotes.

Does it pop off, or need to remove those screws? Looks good for the price, I might buy one to compare when I get time. Most of my CMH are vertical with the ballast up high, which is why I needed remotes.

FYI sunlight has a decent room design applet on their website now, with parameter options for these, DEs, and other reflectors they sell.

Yes it is easily removable with those two little hand crank screws, takes about two seconds to change the reflector out.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Whats the difference between the new SS commercial and the older one with the ballast enclosed in the hood?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Whats the difference between the new SS commercial and the older one with the ballast enclosed in the hood?
Vertical vs horizontal bulbs and reflectors,the horizontal are designed to crosslight like a gavita/nano,the commercial units usually have a vertical ballast for efficient convective cooling(heat is the enemy) and so they block as little light as possible in a greenhouse setup.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

It's the Gavita remote SE fixture. Seems to me the vertical bulb fixtures focus light into a smaller footprint. The inside pic of that new Sunlight reflector looks like it might be more efficient since its purpose built to the small cmh envelope. I suspect the operating temperature isn't optimal for the ones I'm running without reflectors.

S

Scaldutchman

Does anyone have this light? I have a 4 by 4 tent and I need new light.

It looks interesting. The ballast is actually in the hood with a little fan.
It comes with the light.
I found it online for $468. I don't think that's bad a bad price for all that.
It is supposed to be cost efficient and have a really good spectrum.
I'm actually testing a dual 315, 630 total LEC, THEY R FRIGGIN AWESOME my boy that works at the local hydro just pulled one down using 6 of the 315's and so far it's looking like he averaged about the same off those 6- 315's as he would of off 6- 600's
V  628B

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Ok , i am getting a sun sysstem 315. Just got to try to find the cheapest price now!

S

Scaldutchman

You won't be disappointed, I assure u. Not positive but I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-500 is about the going rate for a new 315, I know when I got the 630w dual hood, it hadn't yet been released for retail sales, not sure if they had since started retailing them?? If so, go with the dual 630, if you want it to hang with a 1,000 production wise

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
You won't be disappointed, I assure u. Not positive but I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-500 is about the going rate for a new 315, I know when I got the 630w dual hood, it hadn't yet been released for retail sales, not sure if they had since started retailing them?? If so, go with the dual 630, if you want it to hang with a 1,000 production wise

Thanks for the encouragement! I run a 600 hps in a 4 x4 tent now. Going with the single SS 315.

S

Scaldutchman

Perfect, Phillips even has a couple bulb options for both vegg and bloom, good luck, can't wait to see what u do with it

Top Bottom