Sunleaves Portable Dehumidifier

• Thread starter Cloud9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cloud9

has anyone used one of the sunleaves portable dehumidifiers?

i am setting up my new room and would like to get a good dehumidifier.
the room is ~12'x12' and will have a veg and flowering chamber(s), but only ~40 plants (alot of clones)

i cant seem to find any good info on a dehumidifier that would work for me. the last one i had was way undersized.

if this one isnt a good fit, what would be better?

thanks in advance for the help.

F

f1ydave

What are you looking for and how was the last one undersized? This new one you have picked is the smallest dehumidifier I have ever seen and way overpriced.

Things to know: 1 gallon - 2.5 gallon reservoir is as big as they come (Without going into commercial units). You can pull 20-70 pints from the air per day depending on size. If you are having a problem keeping up with moisture in the air, you should consider a constant drain. If that is not an option you would put it on a stool and run the drain line to a larger bin that you would need to empty each day/week (as it filled up).

A 70 pint, 2.5 gallon dehumidifier will run $200ish depending on brand. Amazon has good shipped prices, home depot and best buy make have competitive prices too.

Personally I do my research for the best price and then I call local appliance stores to see if they will beat it, if not, ask them to match it. Tell them "bestbuy" has it for that price. They become competitive then. Choose a large appliance chain that has buying power.

Let us know what you are thinking of and we will give you our opinions of it.

I would recommend: (Do your own search and see what you can find)
Frigidaire Dehumidifier, 70-Pint Capacity, 2.5 gallon, 0 Shipped!

H

HappyGrower

I have a Sears Portable dehumidfier for my grow space of 10' X 12', and it works Great! Keeps the air at a steady 40% humidity. Cost me about $125.

Take Care, Happy Grower :cool0044:

C

Cloud9

What are you looking for and how was the last one undersized? This new one you have picked is the smallest dehumidifier I have ever seen and way overpriced.

Things to know: 1 gallon - 2.5 gallon reservoir is as big as they come (Without going into commercial units). You can pull 20-70 pints from the air per day depending on size. If you are having a problem keeping up with moisture in the air, you should consider a constant drain. If that is not an option you would put it on a stool and run the drain line to a larger bin that you would need to empty each day/week (as it filled up).

A 70 pint, 2.5 gallon dehumidifier will run $200ish depending on brand. Amazon has good shipped prices, home depot and best buy make have competitive prices too.

Personally I do my research for the best price and then I call local appliance stores to see if they will beat it, if not, ask them to match it. Tell them "bestbuy" has it for that price. They become competitive then. Choose a large appliance chain that has buying power.

Let us know what you are thinking of and we will give you our opinions of it.

I would recommend: (Do your own search and see what you can find)
Frigidaire Dehumidifier, 70-Pint Capacity, 2.5 gallon, 0 Shipped!

the first dehuey i got was just for a 5x5 tent. it said it was supposed to be able to do a "basement sized room" but it couldnt even keep up with my 1 tent.
i cant find the link now, but it was a smaller eva-dry unit that i sent back.

i dont have a huge humidity problem, but i would like to be able to control the humidity as i get later into flowering.

i will look around at some other dehumidifiers in the same price range and see what else i can find.
its kinda hard to shop online for these sorta things though.

thanks for your input dave :)

C

Cloud9

I have a Sears Portable dehumidfier for my grow space of 10' X 12', and it works Great! Keeps the air at a steady 40% humidity. Cost me about $125.

Take Care, Happy Grower :cool0044:

do you have a model number or something that i can search?
the only thing that tha i see as close when i search is this one:

C

Cloud9

is a 70 pint unit over kill for me?

Danby 70 Pint Dehumidifier
11e9bd99-18de-4792-b963-8daa6ea3d451_300.jpg

im in CO so the humidity doesnt get to bad,

F

f1ydave

I linked you a 70 pint dehumidifier with great reviews. That is $40 cheaper, (no sales tax). Danby makes great portable A/C, but the straight dehumidifiers have bad reviews and don't seem to last long.

That is why I mentioned the 70 pint, its the same price as other smaller units and you will never have a problem in flower. Just remember to drain the unit as needed!

Top Bottom