20181217 191541
20181217 191500
20181217 191530
View attachment 847207
20181217 191549

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wow, those are great lookin ground pounders. You've done an amazing job keeping them stealthy.

The Criticals, is 2.0 from a different set of beans or same set and that's your number? I was blown away at the extreme variations between my Banana Ice Cream from the same order.

Madmax

Madmax

Ground pounders...i like that..:cool:...just under a month left of pegging.i might struggle to keep them under 1.4 1.5 max height lol..might have to get som more corrugated iron to raise side fence and back fence a little..i might need a kilometer of string to tie them hehe.

Yeah criticals are different beans..critical 2 is the improved version of critical +
Quick critical + comes from same mother but crossed over a reversed male female of the critical + 2.0 auto line..so shes ready for harvest a week earlier .both are between 42-50 days harvest..its funny they say the critical 2.0 has thin light green leaves and slim body.shes not light green and leaves arnt skinny....but thats exactly describing the quick critical lol..they are 2 different animals atm.....

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ground pounders...i like that..:cool:...just under a month left of pegging.i might struggle to keep them under 1.4 1.5 max height lol..might have to get som more corrugated iron to raise side fence and back fence a little..i might need a kilometer of string to tie them hehe.

Yeah criticals are different beans..critical 2 is the improved version of critical +
Quick critical + comes from same mother but crossed over a reversed male female of the critical + 2.0 auto line..so shes ready for harvest a week earlier .both are between 42-50 days harvest..its funny they say the critical 2.0 has thin light green leaves and slim body.shes not light green and leaves arnt skinny....but thats exactly describing the quick critical lol..they are 2 different animals atm.....

The way I see it, breeders describe their favorite or what they feel would be the most desirable, pheno. The beans I've grown have produced plants with such an array of traits that the most extreme variations share maybe a 5%-10% semblance with each other. That can be a b*tch for a breeder but I'm lovin it. Weed rocks! Mostly it just gives us the finger and does what it wants, hehehe. It's so not boring growing from beans.

My first year I experimented with LST. Here's my ground pounder...

Orange Creamsicle (clone from local delivery service)
20171005 173045
20171005 080710
20171005 080810

She was one of my favorites. Only grew to about 14"-16" tall and produced over a lb. Her untrained offspring X'd with Chocolate Diesel reached between 9'-10' this year.

Madmax

Madmax

Hmmmm...Nice..:)..alot of those nugs there have some weight in them.dont blame them from bending.they came out well.ive never usex a net but i was contemplating using one this year but the girls are just too close to do it.was going to make a solid timber one using like 4x2 inch pine boards.would of gotten them lower but ...man...i doubt if i would of been able to reach right over screen and fuck they would of been wide....bout 20 yr ago i grew a few out and one was near 2 metres wide before i let it come up it finished about 2 1/2meters
meters by the time it filled out..6 pound something she netted..since moving ive been restricted in height.too suss to build a big fence.some of the ones i have in now id love to take cuttings but nowhere to put them..
Where did you get your beans from .did they stink up the place...

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I won't skip on the net again after losing so many branches this season. I'll do multiple levels next year. Probably sink 10' fence stakes and add bamboo if they need to go taller. Wanted to do 4x4 post trellis but I don't see myself digging post holes anymore.

Phylex

Phylex

I won't skip on the net again after losing so many branches this season. I'll do multiple levels next year. Probably sink 10' fence stakes and add bamboo if they need to go taller. Wanted to do 4x4 post trellis but I don't see myself digging post holes anymore.
Lol. I feel you on digging holes. My lazy mind would say pound some rebar into the ground rather than digging holes. Pounding on stuff is more fun than digging. I've never had to do it, but that's what I'd come up with if I didn't want to dig.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Lol. I feel you on digging holes. My lazy mind would say pound some rebar into the ground rather than digging holes. Pounding on stuff is more fun than digging. I've never had to do it, but that's what I'd come up with if I didn't want to dig.

My soil is red clay and decomposing granite. I'm lucky if I can get a shovel full without hitting a rock. Also have a lot of nerve damage so I don't know if I can handle a gas post hole auger. I'll be grateful if I can get the steel fence posts down a foot and a half. It takes heavy equipment to dig here.

Madmax

Madmax

Something like this bro..i can see the cage in there.i think i needed to do this to other plants i have but its abit late now..tall lanky and branches very flexible..i cant see it supporting itself..one bout a foot off top of cage lol..thats 1.8 i can see it getting to 2.5 metres tall..gonna have to take top off cage or chop the top off...possums are gonna get high lol...cage is real sturdy..i should of made it out of fish net so they wont climb it...looks like i will have to trap them or shoot em...
Flora jar plant potted plant pottery vase patio flagstone conifer tree

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Something like this bro..i can see the cage in there.i think i needed to do this to other plants i have but its abit late now..tall lanky and branches very flexible..i cant see it supporting itself..one bout a foot off top of cage lol..thats 1.8 i can see it getting to 2.5 metres tall..gonna have to take top off cage or chop the top off...possums are gonna get high lol...cage is real sturdy..i should of made it out of fish net so they wont climb it...looks like i will have to trap them or shoot em...View attachment 847412

Yeah, those kind of stakes but not a cage. Set in horizontal layers several feet apart so the girls grow through them. It'll look like a multi level ScrOG. If your girls are already big you can still wrap them as a stop-gap. It won't hurt them if you're careful.

I hear ya about the possums. I've had to kill possums, skunks, and raccoons after they've torn up non-weed gardens. I would relocate the possums and raccoons but it's illegal to do that around here. Can't relocate skunks for obvious reasons. Plus there's so many they need their numbers controlled. The raccoons kill ours and our neighbor's chickens.

Madmax

Madmax

They arnt that big just tall and you can do want you want with the branches..def wont support the buds..ive tied the first one in a few ways using some stakesto help the branches..not being able to go to them and train em has buggered them up abit...
My bro tried to bend a branch and bust one off lol...so now he wont touch them haha..Glad we aint got raccoons and skunks.we just go possums .quolls which look like tasmanian devils that kill chickens ..kangaroos will eat em also..dunno bout koalas they love there eucalypt leaves...plenty or deer here...

Madmax

Madmax

Hmmmmm....need more than needle and cotton now.must of got struck by lightning last nite cause shes sure split for good this time..had to get the tools of the trade out...not much more i can do..starting to get a little paranoia over the pungent smell waffering through the air..no shrubs gonna mask that smell...hmmm.if ifgets bad i might have to defoliate half the leaves which im completely against..smelliest plants ive ever grown..sorta doesnt matter how stealth the plants are ...thet're gonna b like can you smell that dear. Hehehe what smell ...i cant smell nothin .:shockedninja:......getting bigger...
20181223 154346

This is the split one
20181223 154533
20181223 154520
20181223 154554

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Happy new year guys. :party1:.

Day 107..they are starting to blow up now and getting a little crowded..normally bout day 112 i let them grow upwards so they are ahead..they were also put in 3 weeks earlier andby the way they are growing ill have to go to hardware and get 3-4 sheets of corrugated iron to extend the height fence a little .and other fence to...the sherbet in middle is 2metres wide x1.70 others are all around 1.70 wide so the foundation is just about done.
I have some pics for youguy on plants and 2 that have some def id like you to look at and see what you think..im thinking manganese but unsure..it looks like heat stress with the curl and manganese on leaves?..its not over watering but could b root problems..this is same plant had problems with before..no sooner i said shes on the mend this happened a week later and came out quickly..these are her pics and other is on another plant..
20190101 150833
20190101 150902
20190101 150637

Other one
20190101 150954
20190101 151037
20190101 151056
20190101 151130
20190101 150619

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Happy new year guys. :party1:.

Day 107..they are starting to blow up now and getting a little crowded..normally bout day 112 i let them grow upwards so they are ahead..they were also put in 3 weeks earlier andby the way they are growing ill have to go to hardware and get 3-4 sheets of corrugated iron to extend the height fence a little .and other fence to...the sherbet in middle is 2metres wide x1.70 others are all around 1.70 wide so the foundation is just about done.
I have some pics for youguy on plants and 2 that have some def id like you to look at and see what you think..im thinking manganese but unsure..it looks like heat stress with the curl and manganese on leaves?..its not over watering but could b root problems..this is same plant had problems with before..no sooner i said shes on the mend this happened a week later and came out quickly..these are her pics and other is on another plant..View attachment 849269 View attachment 849270 View attachment 849271
Other oneView attachment 849272 View attachment 849273 View attachment 849274 View attachment 849275 View attachment 849276

Definitely check for bugs with a high magnification on the first plant.

The second plant looks more like an iron deficiency than manganese. Did it start with young or old leaves first. Would you post pics of the young leaves on plant #2?

I'd first check for bugs on both plants before adjusting nutrients. The symptoms are different but the timing is suspect. I've found each strain reacts differently to bugs. (I always check for bugs first anymore. In my limited experience it is the second likeliest thing to go wrong, next to overwatering)

Here's an excerpt from Cannabis Encyclopedia on Iron deficiency...
20190101 232754
20190101 232833

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks Junk..ill show ya a pic of first one that has same symtom on sec plant.ive pulled couple leaves off and looked with 60x loupe and cant see anything.
Since ive seen it.couple days later was there feed its low therefore i can give it twice a week..gave both a drench aloe and kelp ferment on 27th and foliar today.it has cal mag and other micros so i will see what happens..if its iron im not sure on what kind of dose id have to give them it cant b much ..ive never seen pics of what i have..its the first time ive used those 2 areas compared to the other holes..same amendments etc.budding will start prolly halfway through this month or begining of feb so i hope i can fix whats wrong with those 2..here the same on first whats on second.its the back leaf.its mainly on top 2nd set.on ther its bout the same.
Screenshot 20190102 014958
Screenshot 20190102 193238

Madmax

Madmax

Actually you cant really see it on top leaves its the 2nd 3rd 4th set..just looked closer at another plant and it has the same as the second plant but just beginning.only on one branch..

Is there any kind of test i can do..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Actually you cant really see it on top leaves its the 2nd 3rd 4th set..just looked closer at another plant and it has the same as the second plant but just beginning.only on one branch..

Is there any kind of test i can do..

You can do soil tests for pH and NPK. If it's iron then I think it's actually more likely to be a pH issue causing uptake problems.

Top Bottom