Super Critical CBD from Greenhouse Seeds

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

Going red hot Dr.B any chance you can get your plant up off the tent floor creat that air gap under it good air flow around it will aid in the plants health . Regards Od .
Way ahead of you. 😉 Inch of airspace under the pot from day 1

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Way ahead of you. 😉 Inch of airspace under the pot from day 1
Arrrrr eye spys it Capin but I was meaning that there’s pot n all’s should be above the bilge line Arrrr .... on a grate of some sort over a tote ..... I couldn’t keep up the pirate typing .... Od 🤪...

Dr.B

Dr.B

Arrrrr eye spys it Capin but I was meaning that there’s pot n all’s should be above the bilge line Arrrr .... on a grate of some sort over a tote ..... I couldn’t keep up the pirate typing .... Od 🤪...
Gotcha. I need to find something thin... My lights hang at 5' 8" max for this tent... I used to grow on milk crates in my first tent arrangement... until it became clear headroom was going to be an issue. Since then I've just lifted the pot an inch above the saucer.

I do have plans to put in an 8' tent in the future... Spring likely. Then I will get low grated tables... If only to spare my back a little. 🤣... I'll try to "human seagull" something else up in the meantime.

Thanks again! 😁

Dr.B

Dr.B

I think... I'm going to put her in the dark until tomorrow evening. Flip time!

Dr.B

Dr.B

@One drop

Good morning (evening) captain lol.

I came up with this as a solution last night. I knew the solution was in a milk crate somewhere... This should solve two issues. Airflow and leech testing.... While working within my current height restriction!

IMG 20200627 120614
IMG 20200627 120622
IMG 20200627 120636
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

Slightly out of range on the leech pH/E.C. again this evening. pH dropped below 5.5 to 5.1. E.C. was startling @1.5, currently I'm watering @ 6.3/1.2 so I decided to re-mitigate with dolomitic lime to bring up the pH... again, and do a full flush to bring down the e.c.... something I really try to avoid as it causes so much stress to the plant.

Final numbers look better.... Plant looks very wet. It will thank me tomorrow though once its realized that its flower time.
pH 6.2
E.C. 0.7

I'm actually not quite nailed down on exactly where I should be but this is definitely much more acceptable than what I was seeing initially. In future efforts in this strain I will definitely start a lighter feeding regiment, feeding every second time through veg.

I know she will need more nutrient in bloom but its also my first go with this breed and she's been finicky thus far. I'm going to keep watering @1.2/1.3 E.C. at every feeding going into bloom with a pH on the upper end of my range @6.5.

I'll be testing the leech water regularly to see what happens over the next month. Enough is enough. (Plus it's super easy with my new rack/drip tray!)

*Clones are doing well, showing a little stress but still upright, still green. Stress is a required element in the cloning process, I expect a little yellowing before rooting but no real leaf die off. Occasionally I have re-tipped the leaves and removed an additional growth site on clones that are not doing well, the idea is to further stress them into a last ditch effort at growing roots... (Mixed results there, mostly good.) but never in the first five days.

While the dome is on they get left the f@ck alone lol.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Changing the carbon filter tonight. Starting to gum up @ 30 months after multiple baths... I need more air moving through that tent in the coming weeks. Right now its a little less every day.

Always something lol

Dr.B

Dr.B

Running a bit warm in the clone tray at 26.9 this morning... The clones look happy but this will become an issue if I don't get the temp down to 25 Celcius. I can't start air extraction until roots begin to form so I raised the lights 6" and set the light timer for a 20 hour day. Should help, if it doesn't I'll turn down the temp on the heat mat. Set to 25 Celcius at the moment.

Dr.B

Dr.B

New carbon filter went in without a fight. Greatly improved my airflow! I had to of course re-balance the whole system again...

Beginning of day 4 for the clones, still doing well in there.

The mother plant looks much better today, signs of new growth all over her in bright green. The flush was a good call and I caught it before melt down this time. I did take a few more tops from the branches in the center to avoid an empty spot in my future canopy.

***I used a photo editor this time to filter the pink out... So as not to offend any of the old timers. 😜😉

IMG 20200628 1848312
IMG 20200628 1848562
IMG 20200628 184930
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

Going to check the tray weight tonight. I might start feeding and exposing the clones to the tent environment a little at a time once the lights come back on... If the tray feels light enough...

Mom's still drying out after her flush... Happy now though. I feel better too.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I too play music for my plants mostly Neil Young acoustic, i allways talk to them and fondle them and they do respond, i run my ac right now my temp is 78f rh is 45% ph is 6.2, pics are my summer grow, first 2 SODK (sweet oarnge delicious kusk autos by Methisto 14 days from sprouts, last pic strawberry nuggets allso by Methisto, if you have ac run it you do not want wild temp swings.

20200629 062609
20200629 062617
20200629 062625
Dr.B

Dr.B

I too play music for my plants mostly Neil Young acoustic, i allways talk to them and fondle them and they do respond, i run my ac right now my temp is 78f rh is 45% ph is 6.2, pics are my summer grow, first 2 SODK (sweet oarnge delicious kusk autos by Methisto 14 days from sprouts, last pic strawberry nuggets allso by Methisto, if you have ac run it you do not want wild temp swings.
I think it helps too, call me crazy lol.

Excess heat/humidity is not really a problem at my latitude. 🤣🤣 If anything I deal with the opposite end of that spectrum. I heat and humidify 24/7 365 and manage to maintain a 5 degree C range at the worst of times. Usually I'm between 22C - 25C @ 60 - 65% rh through seedling/veg in any given 24 hour period.

Your babies look good!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Going into day 5. The clones look good, they could even be growing still by the look of it. The tray came up light, I added 11 ml per block 286 ml total at ph 5.5/E.C. 0.8. equal parts M/G/B in the mix. (Just under 3ml/gallon each)

I'm removing the dome on and off... We'll see if they're ready...

IMG 20200629 193430
IMG 20200629 195937
Dr.B

Dr.B

12 hours later everyone still looks reasonably happy uncovered. Current temp/rh 26.5C @ 85%

IMG 20200630 071905
Dr.B

Dr.B

Supply run. I had a clip fan die on me in the last week... replaced. Rock wool cubes now stocked up for winter... I grabbed a cheapo soil pH test kit while I was at it...

Dr.B

Dr.B

Busy day today but not much to do in the tents. ( Another cancer death in the family... Not me... Again. Only guy on the podium once again. ☹️)

Mixing soil and watering in dolomitic lime to activate it today... I'm just starting to play around with this... My numbers might not be ideal... 2 tblspns lime per gallon of loose/ lightly packed dry pro mix... Moving on.

I'm starting now because my clones will need to be transplanted to cups in 10 - 14 days... Then to nursery pots 14 - 21 days after that. The lime takes two weeks to begin to work and I want to flush the media before use... So.. In a week I'll pre fill my cups and flush them out thoroughly with a light nutrient solution. That will give it some time to dry out before planting.
*Soil pH test before planting, (this time and every time going forward)

Whatever is left over after round one I will add to the mix for the next transplant. I store it in a well ventilated container in a cool dark and ventilated place while I'm waiting. I also shake the container up and air it out twice a day to avoid any unfavorable growth while I wait...

I'm learning its best to stay ahead of this soil/media thing. The more you know... (About your media...) The more you can grow!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Almost forgot. Out of vermiculite so I'm switching to pearlite. (Thankyou amazon) I'm going to continue at 30% pearlite in my mix as that seemed adequate using vermiculite...

In case anyone can't tell already. Despite having done a tonne of research over years, and despite having good bearing and decent instincts/grasp of the subject matter... I even worked in the industry running a cloning and transplant team in a huge facility for a while. That was all hydro though, I used the water that was mixed for me. In pots I've had to learn from the ground up. Literally I guess.

I'm still learning my way through this by doing it. I don't ask many questions publicly... even though I cause many problems for myself.... I write everything down, I read about my problems and even when I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing... I inevitably learn and dial in a little closer to where I want to be. Its how I roll... Gemini... Reading threads here that are similar to my problems have helped a lot in the last year.

This soil pH thing! In my first grows I used much higher doses of nutrient on average through multiple strains and crops in the same media and never locked out... It happened like it was on a clock, just all of a sudden pH crashing and nutrient uptake issues. The last round of cheese suffered through it ok without much help, the acupulco gold responded well to soil amendments, this one... I can sense a sweet spot that I'm missing somewhere but it continues to allude me... All these plants were planted in the same damn bag of pro mix... All had the same problems. The next round will not start with this disadvantage!

I cracked open a new bag of pro mix tonight. Completely different lot number. Hopefully with my added preparation time and attention, I'll get on top of this before the actual crop goes to flower.... Mom's pissing me off a little even though its most likely actually my fault lol.

She dried out enough to get some fresh nutrients in her in her this evening. Color is improving, you can definitely tell that she's been flipped... like she was overdue... Posture has a way to go, but I flushed her hard. She is recovering while still determinedly growing... despite my continued efforts against progress. 🤬 haha.. She's working against a deficit now and needs more food, but I need to let the soil dry out... despite the added vermiculite she's not draining very well. I suspect the flush caused some harm in that department... I'm just going to fill the humidifiers and focus on the clones for a week. Maybe she needs some time to drink alone... I sure do. 😜🤬🤬

Early flower, the stress from all this could end up being a positive thing later on. (For her.. ) As long as I get it right here, right quick.

Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

I switched the circulation fan in the clone tent back to its exhaust position... Duh. I forget that every time. Pulled the humidity down from 85% to 70%. I'll hold it there from here to new roots, then drop it to 65% once they are in cups or off on their merry way to their adopted homes.

This is the period where they briefly look quite sad... A day to a few days ideally. Its hard to watch them go through it but this is the principle behind cloning as I understand it. I need to make these babies think that they are going to die while supporting their living corpse cuttings well enough to avoid shock. (My interpretation of what was really a very dry and dull week in the class room...) By clipping their leaves I reduce their ability to take in moisture and energy. By gradually reducing the rh in the room I am effectively starving them. What options do they have at this point? Grow leaves? Not with a falling humidity level... Thats a bad gamble for a born survivor. It's; Grow roots, or die. If you provide everything they need they live more often than not.

This is really my favorite part of the whole show. I love the process of cloning, from all perspectives involved.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Clones are holding at 25.5 C/70%rh this morning.... End of day 5

Happy Canada Day to any Canucks out there!!

IMG 20200630 225648
Last edited:
Top Bottom