Super Critical CBD from Greenhouse Seeds

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

Below actually. The fans circulate it to the center and upward through the plant. Different than a bottle/emitter system... More budget lol also with the level of air extraction going on in here I want to make sure the plant gets a shot at it before the exhaust fan gets it.

She's looking super perky, super fast today at lights on. No droop at all! Only difference is the bucket.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I spoke with my guy at my local grow shop this morning. I mentioned the double dip experiment, (root powder and gel) he... Set me straight... Probably a bad idea people... I'm disappointed at my "all in" degenerate gambler nature lol. I don't expect a successful cloning experiment. One should root, at the very least. Ideally I get a few more... The people waiting for clones will accept the delay and file it under shit happens.

I... Just... Hate!!! Failing!!!! Lol

On the plus side! I might get to sample the SC CBD now before I select a plant to take clones from.... Could be the widow...

Its all up in the air now. 🤣🤷‍♂️🤞🤞🤞

With the addition of the veg tent and a permanent nursery next to it, I will be able to play around and work out whatever bugs I've developed in my cloning process in the last 8 months... Ever diminishing returns... No experimentation before now. The one in fact provoked the other. I was content to use what worked...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I spoke with my guy at my local grow shop this morning. I mentioned the double dip experiment, (root powder and gel) he... Set me straight... Probably a bad idea people... I'm disappointed at my "all in" degenerate gambler nature lol. I don't expect a successful cloning experiment. One should root, at the very least. Ideally I get a few more... The people waiting for clones will accept the delay and file it under shit happens.

I... Just... Hate!!! Failing!!!! Lol

On the plus side! I might get to sample the SC CBD now before I select a plant to take clones from.... Could be the widow...

Its all up in the air now. 🤣🤷‍♂️🤞🤞🤞

With the addition of the veg tent and a permanent nursery next to it, I will be able to play around and work out whatever bugs I've developed in my cloning process in the last 8 months... Ever diminishing returns... No experimentation before now. The one in fact provoked the other. I was content to use what worked...
Only learn w bumps in the road I guess. Sounds like some success should be had at least.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Only learn w bumps in the road I guess. Sounds like some success should be had at least.
You don't know until you try it. When someone says something stupid in the future like "try powder and gel, my buddy swears by it" I'll know from personal experience thats its bull shit. Some things I never learn though lol... The eggs in one basket thing for instance... 🤣🤣🤣 Back up plan rolling along nicely just in case. 🤞🤞🤞

Dr.B

Dr.B

Well, by Friday I will call the cloning experiment off and dump the tray. Disappointing but I learned something. I have 9 more seeds in that strain but if I lose the tray I will likely move on to something else for the upcoming winter hibernation grows.... 9 months of that only a couple months away... 🤬🤷‍♂️🤣

First time for everything I guess...

Dr.B

Dr.B

Part of the learning process @Milson dont be sad. I'm not lol. I'll follow the former mother along through flower. Who knows, I might have one or two root and crowd up my new mother tent...

Its actually not terrible at all. A delay yes but it gives me the chance to diversify my moms before my season starts. I'll have the ability to pick and choose my crops through the winter. I might pop another SCCBD at the end of the week. Stubborn...

Dr.B

Dr.B

Well.

This is a little embarrassing but you have to be honest with your diary right?

At lights on today in the nursery tent, through the mist, I selected the ugliest, deadest looking little thing in the tray... The ugliest clone I've ever been responsible for. Still green mostly but curling and drooping hard. Clearly dying... Or dead... Or so I thought.

I unplugged her and found root growth! The beginning of Day 15... 6 days later than my previous worst. That means the remaining 22 are doing the same thing to a higher degree most likely...

So now I have those 22, plus the 6 seeds I germinated/am germinating... 6 seeds I'm not willing to rehome or abandon or cull... A population pickle is my new problem lol. One of each will become mothers in the new tent. Of the 25 plants remaining, 19 clones will now go somewhere(s) else in groups of 4 mostly. The remaining 6 can stay with me, I'll keep 4 to go to flower and ponder the fate of the other 2 for a while...

One could have worse problems...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So...they managed to push through your mistake...eventually?

Dr.B

Dr.B

So...they managed to push through your mistake...eventually?
I plan to get to the bottom of this once the new mom is firmly established. Try it all three ways. Maybe without hormone too as a control/side experiment. I read the strain was stubborn and/or tricky to clone... I'm honestly not sure. This was my first ever cloning experiment outside of the introduction of the heat mat, a change I made the first time I cloned at home. Otherwise I've always done it exactly as I was trained on the farm that I worked at...

I'll get you an answer. Its just going to take a little while lol.

Want a clone? Lol 😜🤣🤣🤣

Dr.B

Dr.B

The flowering plant has bounced back nicely from her haircut and made the switch to the new nutrient line with ease!

I don't think I've ever seen her happier... Coming up nice and even too!

**In the first picture, if you look closely. I got photo bombed by two of my ladybugs finally.

IMG 20200707 210524
IMG 20200707 210451
Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

I find myself wondering.

If I hadn't panicked and started plan B rolling fast... Would the clones have rooted at all... ?

I heard once somewhere that there is in fact, no spoon... 🤣🤣🤣

Dr.B

Dr.B

After taking notice of and subsequently scrubbing down a nasty buildup on the walls and fan around the stinky yeast bucket I have decided to pull it out of the tent. Carbon filters aren't cheap and my brand new one feels a little sticky... The bucket can provide more ambient c02 to the entire room from where it can do less damage.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Now that its obvious roots are forming I have upped the feed pH to 6.0 (I've been pumping nutrient in there for two weeks, that has to lower tge pH in the blocks to some degree) the EC remains at 0.8. When I can see roots in most of the cubes I will lower the lights by 6", once they make it to solo cups that will bring them a few inches closer to the lights.

Lots on my plate coming up!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Anyone ever flush clones?

I've never heard mention of this but I sure just did it.... I flushed the shit out the of those things. One by one with nice fresh feed... 6.5/0.8

Earlier...
I over watered and drained the excess as usual, this time I tested the leech. (Keep in mind my clones previous to this have all hit the solo cups by day 12.) The numbers were horrifying at day 16 lol. EC 4.5 pH 2.5

😱😱😱

I'm going to watch their color this evening, I'll give them a bit of a drink at midnight and test the excess water again. I see a fair amount of root action hapoening beneath the paper now... It would be a shame to lose these clones to a lack of due diligence now.

Dr.B

Dr.B

The clones are still rooting, some visible progress today... Going to have to give that tent a mop down today. Running humidity in the high 80's for almost three weeks, I've only cleaned the floor in that time. Developing a smell...

The flower tent is on a "water only" cycle. 25% stage appropriate nutrients w/1 ml/gallon Potassium silicate, watered to runoff. In pH 6.3, Out pH 6.3. I like that!

I'll post pics at lights on.

Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

Rooting but slow still. I think its just a stubborn strain... These two in particular seem happy...

IMG 20200709 092447
IMG 20200709 092451
Dr.B

Dr.B

First appearance of white mold on the outside of the fabric pots this flower cycle. Spotted it disinfecting the tent floor... Not out of the ordinary... Gave it a good spray (THE POT!) with my neem oil, IPA, Lemon and castille soap solution. It ought to take care of it for a couple of weeks... At which point I'll spray it again.

The plant looks great, not much for stretch yet mid week 2, but it is a supercritical offshoot... Short plants. I'm not amazed by the bud site development thus far but they are coming along nicely. Just over a week until I look into pruning a little more... Just a little...

... I think she's going to take everything on the chart and more to keep her growing strong for the rest of this thing. I'm going to follow the chart. Unless I get the feeling shes holding back on me...

IMG 20200709 194658
IMG 20200709 194633
IMG 20200709 194640
IMG 20200709 194625
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom