SUPER MITES!! When FLORAMITE wont work...

• Thread starter COCOLOCO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Ya...The Pizza

Right, but my question is how long do I need to wash the foliage of my plants before I can let any predators loose?

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

pizza you treated with all that shit and you want more?why?I used forbid twice I think it was like once 2 weeks before flipping the lights than like 7-10 after that. They`re gone man. I`m in my 6th week and not a single sign of those fuckers.Forbid smashes the mites but its up to the grower to keep them out. I got them with the first cuts I got and did the whole spidermite war for a couple of gardens until I went ballistic on them and to me its worth it. I have better things to do in my grow room than battle mites.

F

FrostyBob

Right, but my question is how long do I need to wash the foliage of my plants before I can let any predators loose?

Here is a little information i have on lady bugs, so this may help you.

This is all directly from my lady bug container

Release Instructions

It is ideal to release in the evening or the early morning, cool or overcast is ideal. Ladybugs will move slower at these times. MISTING FOLIAGE BEFOREHAND MAY IMPROVE PERFORMANCE.

End​

Now i looked at the the company's website website who produces these predators for a little more information.

Website Info​

Release Rates
At dusk, after spraying some plants with water, so they can drink. Release near infestations in small amounts over a two week period. 1,000 ladybugs covers 100 sq. feet. Half pint covers 3,000 sq. feet. 1 gallon covers 5 – 10 acres.

End​

References

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

The paperwork I have says Forbid is a specific killer and will only kill mites and eggs but no other insects. So predators wont die.

Onespark

Onespark

I'm curious if anyone who has had samples tested have used Avid or Floramite in flower and had the insecticide part of the test run on the sample?

EDIT: Just realized this is the UC forum. You can run Azatrol in the system also.

Will have to try Azatrol in the UC.

Wanted to know the same thing so...

Ran GC tests on three flower samples with Floramite applied full strength right at the flip. All three showed 0% pesticides. The mites did re invade around week ten of flower and just had to spray them off with H20 in the atomizer as they came out each day. Not the most effective but didn't hurt things too much and kept them from establishing webs. Flushed for three weeks. Had no mold either....
:icon_spin:

and the results...
Snow - CBD .69 CBN 1.5 THC 22.27 Total 24.46%
Kushberry - CBD .62 CBN .03 THC 18.3 Total 18.95%
Grape Stomper - CBD .68% CBN .14% THC 18.8%

I do believe floramite is safe if used very early on and you flush flush flush. How can we REALLY be sure though? Wear respirator and protective clothing. Would prefer to never use the stuff but it is the most effective on the little bastards around these here parts. If we saw any pesticide in the samples I would never touch it again but...

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Ran GC tests on three flower samples with Floramite applied full strength right at the flip. All three showed 0% pesticides. The mites did re invade around week ten of flower and just had to spray them off with H20 in the atomizer as they came out each day. Not the most effective but didn't hurt things too much and kept them from establishing webs. Flushed for three weeks. Had no mold either....

and the results...

I do believe floramite is safe if used very early on and you flush flush flush. How can we REALLY be sure though? Wear respirator and protective clothing. Would prefer to never use the stuff but it is the most effective on the little bastards around these here parts. If we saw any pesticide in the samples I would never touch it again but...

Nice #s on that Snow.. 22%THC1.5%CBN not many high THC strains have such high CBD also.. As far as the pesticide results did they test for Floramite specific? If not it probly wouldnt show up.. I believe they only test for a few commercial pesticides.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

and the results...

Badass man. That was the golden question for me. Again man props on following through on that one. Seems to be alot of info that is restated from other posts.

Sevin might also be a good option. Its used for food crops and doesnt stick around that long.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

Avid
Hexagon
Stirrup M

a triple threat no mite can survive ,but it's like a NUKE

really though ~ just rotate to avid instead of floromite and use some DM penetrator ,you problems will be solved
What DUDE really dyno, You know how it goes Use the Norcal dirty hippy trick, Burn nag champa incense , lather up in tiger balm nude and run in circles, while blasting really shitty music , like the greatfuldead and for 3-4 crops listening to other dirty hippys ideas , then comes the avid floramite:cake

S

sensisaint

i had mites from hell tried lots of pesticeds and predators with now luck,then i read about sns217, and i have to agree with the use of sns217, just started using it recently,and i must say it works wonders,imo.i havnt seen a bug for weeks,but im always being proactive,so what would be an alternative of forbid?

P

primeform

The reason that floramite doesnt work is because of developed immunity from not rotating your pesticides to alternative acting agents. NO one actually takes time to READ the floromite label or website, but they do recommend which other pesticides to use.

Floramite
Pylon
Judo

Pylon is very expensive but has the added benefit of working against thrips as well. It can actually be rotated with Conserve SC for thrip control. Altho root conditioning with Dutch Master Zone or beneficial bacteria is the ultimate control of root-zone pests and disease like thrips, gnats, and powdery mildew.

You should never use floramite multiple times in a row. Always ROTATE to another product even if that is something like avid or another non chemical acting pesticide like safer soap. Id reccomend using pylon and judo if you have repeated problems with mites.

Finally, it is possible your floramite is no longer active due to prolonged exposure to excessive amount of HEAT. You must store it in a cool area. NEVER leave floramite in a sprayer with water. You MUST mix a new batch of floramite each time you spray it. Floramite degrades rapidly once it is in water and can be completely ineffective after just a few days.

Prime

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

What will kill mites that FLORAMITE wont?
tsp/qt of Floramite did NOTHING!!! Thats 4x!! Never seen anything like it...Thinkin Avid, or a combo? Anyone use Hexagon or any other ideas? Need something atomic :mad0233:stronger than Floramite..

:rauch08:

Try a few drops of Liquid dish detergent in a standard spray bottle of water.
Use the dollar store dish soap cause it does not contain grease removers.
4 drops to 12 to 16 oz of water.:party0042:

S

Skamaniabob

Spider Mite

It is very simple No Pest Strips three days later they are dead. Just started a grow with clones for the first time, seeds before, and imported a couple million spider mites. Hung up a No Pest Strip and 3 days they are dead, you can get them at Lowes for $4.95. Cheap fix that works well.

T

T1420

They only work for so long. then they create a massive resistance. Just to humor my finding I opened 6 packs and stuck 3 in each flower room for 24 hrs. right next to the mites, next day STILL KICKIN. Used canola oil, cayanne pepper, dish soap, and water, dead now.

R

roboticucus

there's a product out in the uk called PLANT VITALITY PLUS. this does work kills the eggs aswell. its vitamin boost aswell. so u can us if ur plants look down. im going 2 apply a couple of times b4 buds appear as a fail safe. hope u read this as it does work mate. good luck..

D

darkcloudy

Only things that has worked for me against Mites.
Pyrthem bombs never worked for me and just gave the mites a nice shower.

SNS217
Mighty Wash
Predator Mites/Prayin Mantis/other Natural ways of controlling them

Those are the only things I have found that work. And i used them all together at once, the predators and mantis clean house while the mighty wash and sns217 will clear out anything that you spray. Its damn near impossible to get every underleaf on a bigger plant, especially flowering, so I know the problem. Which is why i suggest natural predators, cause theres always that one damn leaf you miss that has eggs and before you know it they are back again.
Personally id get a Praying mantis, and some mighty wash. Keep spraying till the mantis egg hatches, then enjoy your new pet/garden security, they are bad ass.

montanamike1

montanamike1

and the results...

Amazing info Onespark, thanks for proving once and for all that Floramite leaves 0% residue if used in accordance with the instructions. I can't begin to tell you how much misinformation is out there- I know this is a very old thread, but the info on here is so good, I feel that it's worth bumping back up.

C

Chance Last

2nd week of flower is okay though? Wasn't sure about that. ..? Thanks for help
Yes Avid is what is needed. I use Floramite, Shuttle, and Avid for mites on a rotation. You need to also bomb your room. If you cannot get the Pyrithium bug bombs, for some reason you cant anymore in some states, you need to get a fogger or a pump sprayer and clean your grow room really well. Also you need to spray your hoods, fans, walls, basically your whole room.
Another thing mites WILL build a tollerance to whatever you are spraying them with to combat them. that is why it is best to use a rotation of Avid, Floramite and Shuttle to kill them for good. I use all 3. Every 2 weeks I use one of the miticides and another 2 weeks another and so on up untill the 2nd week of flower.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I've used a product called mighty wash to eradicate mites in flower. Spray it every third day and they should be gone by the third or fourth application. It's supposedly "electrolyzed" water or some such shit but I once used it in week 6 or 7 and the finished flowers passed a pesticide lab test.

IMHO there's no need for the big guns. Spider mites are easy compared to say broad mites or root aphids. It's all about keeping to a schedule to interrupt their breeding cycle.

Top Bottom