SUPER MITES!! When FLORAMITE wont work...

• Thread starter COCOLOCO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Agreed. All these products really do is give growers a bad shortcut to better husbandry methods. I use isopropyl and water, 1:1 applied every 2-3 days for two weeks IF they're persistent, but usually after 3-4 applications they're gone.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Agreed. All these products really do is give growers a bad shortcut to better husbandry methods. I use isopropyl and water, 1:1 applied every 2-3 days for two weeks IF they're persistent, but usually after 3-4 applications they're gone.
What % ISO do you use sea?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whatever I can find at the market, either 70% or 91%. When I can I'm going to try it with drinkable alcohol, vodka or grain alcohol.

C

Chance Last

THANKS SEA! It's funny bc I was doing experiments with the little bastards and trying different stuff on them. Alcohol did kill them immediately though. Also the hand sanitizer I would use to wipe down my body after before making to shower. It is also just 62% alcohol though. So using this in a 50/50 ratio regardless of strength won't effect my babies if I do It correctly obviously? Great info! Still debating on the mighty wash bc it just scares me to think of that alcohol sucking any potency from them. ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS METHOD ALSO? Thanks SM

C

Chance Last

I did try it on a couple of them and truth is ,if you don't have a plethora of bush to work through its VERY EFFECTIVE. I worked on 2 of them for about hour and half until no signs of life. Was a little scared to drench them as I didn't want to just wash off the crystals ;) Sooo, it took quite a bit longer and I still was accidentally rubbing against some and having what's looks like scraped skin on my hands (CRYSTALS :( VERY NICE ONES:( Ha, anyways if your not working with a very bushy strand I'd say DEFINITELY do this before using the poisons that the FDA,EDA,DEA or any other stupid 3 letter agency that will FiX ANYTHING for right amount of $...IMO. Just dont Trust them:)
Regardless though, stay clear of any contact with moist plant or even after it seems dry. It Still will rub the love off all that love but, I'm pretty sure Sea has a much more "controlled" environment than myself :-/ Thanks again though SM.
Oh yeah..Also since I had 91% alcohol and was a bit nervous I started with 1:3h20

sorrel23

sorrel23

I've used a product called mighty wash to eradicate mites in flower. Spray it every third day and they should be gone by the third or fourth application. It's supposedly "electrolyzed" water or some such shit but I once used it in week 6 or 7 and the finished flowers passed a pesticide lab test.

IMHO there's no need for the big guns. Spider mites are easy compared to say broad mites or root aphids. It's all about keeping to a schedule to interrupt their breeding cycle.

I'm so glad to hear this! In week 7 of flower and just found a bunch o' mites... I didn't want to use even Azamax at this point on the buds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, but I might go with a higher % of iso so it evaporates more quickly.

C

Chance Last

Yeah if you don't havea crazy amount of leaves and bush to work around its AWESOME ! If you do though be careful not to rub against anything moist or right after. Will take the crystals right off. I actually was surprised it worked so well bUT unfortunately my problem is much to large for this method at this point. I imagineif you have it where it's easier to get to everything and I do mean EVERYTHING (UNDER,TOPS,EVERY SINGLE AREA AND SQUARE INCH OF PLANT) If not they will be right back just like all that shit. I already have them back on same ones I treated so having to take a more INTENSIVE APPROACH. .LOL Sucks! Little fuckers are in my Nightmares! Could be worse always though;) Good luck with the war Surrel
Is this method ok for flower as well?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Habenaro peppers,
10 peppers in a blender the seeds need to be shredded.
1 quart water bring to a simmer for 20 minutes. DO NOT DO THIS INSIDE!
Let cool store in fridge.
Spray babies or mothers tops and bottoms you can use this in flower also with lights on. Wear safety glasses and a breathing apparatus when applying the liquid its exactly like mace it will hurt you. Spider mites are a soft shelled mite and there eggs also. This will kill all living mites and eggs. I have used this successfully.

C

Chance Last

Habenaro peppers,
10 peppers in a blender the seeds need to be shredded.
1 quart water bring to a simmer for 20 minutes. DO NOT DO THIS INSIDE!
Let cool store in fridge.
Spray babies or mothers tops and bottoms you can use this in flower also with lights on. Wear safety glasses and a breathing apparatus when applying the liquid its exactly like mace it will hurt you. Spider mites are a soft shelled mite and there eggs also. This will kill all living mites and eggs. I have used this successfully.
This is okay with lights on as well? I have never used any foliar with lights on but that's interesting. I guess I can use my gas grill burner to make outdoors though. It definetely isn't poisonous at least. Heard this before but never with detailed instructions. Much appreciated Diesel ! It's going to take a shit ton unfortunately to get it properly. Waiting on buddy to scoop up my mighty wash but is this ok to do meanwhile? I guess I better start doing some math on the produce bc will need more than a quart for sure. Probably have to do a gal minimal I'm guessing... ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS BEFORE ? IF SO PLEASE CHIME IN BC I'LL BE CHECKING. . thx again diesel!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah if you don't havea crazy amount of leaves and bush to work around its AWESOME ! If you do though be careful not to rub against anything moist or right after. Will take the crystals right off. I actually was surprised it worked so well bUT unfortunately my problem is much to large for this method at this point. I imagineif you have it where it's easier to get to everything and I do mean EVERYTHING (UNDER,TOPS,EVERY SINGLE AREA AND SQUARE INCH OF PLANT) If not they will be right back just like all that shit. I already have them back on same ones I treated so having to take a more INTENSIVE APPROACH. .LOL Sucks! Little fuckers are in my Nightmares! Could be worse always though;) Good luck with the war Surrel
May I suggest getting yourself a battery-operated sprayer? I have two, one that mounts on the quadrunner and I have about 100' of hose attached so I can reach everywhere I need to, but I also have a smaller 5gal rolling sprayer. It makes the whole task MUCH much easier, and because there's a wand you can really get in there.

I haven't managed to get it to the point that the trichomes rub off. That could be due to using a hand-sprayer, which forces you to get into more physical contact (which also helps keep the mites spreading, we make the best vectors sometimes).

sorrel23

sorrel23

Yeah I unfortunately/fortunately am working with a lot of bushes lol. I decided to go with Green Cleaner since I am so close to harvest. I was told that was best by the lady at the store.. haha.. we'll see!

C

Chance Last

May I suggest getting yourself a battery-operated sprayer? I have two, one that mounts on the quadrunner and I have about 100' of hose attached so I can reach everywhere I need to, but I also have a smaller 5gal rolling sprayer. It makes the whole task MUCH much easier, and because there's a wand you can really get in there.

I haven't managed to get it to the point that the trichomes rub off. That could be due to using a hand-sprayer, which forces you to get into more physical contact (which also helps keep the mites spreading, we make the best vectors sometimes).
I do have the back pack wand sprayer but you caught me there. Was more of a test run and I just used my hand doodad.
Got my mega wash(mighty wash) new name apparently. About to get the backpack on and go to war .. Thanks SM! You speak the truth ;-)

Top Bottom