Super Silver Haze *GreenhouseSeed* 4x2

• Thread starter Week4Bytch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
We cut down the scrog netting, put a few bamboo sticks around the pots and secured a few branches. The Silver is a lot thicker than the OG so no need to tie any of them done..yet. We trimmed a lot of the damaged leaves off, I'm gonna try a bro science with these leaves, drop some boiling water on top of them and then use that water tomorrow (or Sunday) in a 1 to 1 ratio to water the plants, to re add what was taken out. We then sprayed the ladies (oh so carefully) and the walls and floor of the tent with citric acid based Doctor Zymes. We then vacuumed everything and right when we finished the lighting went out. Whew... gonna rethink this lighting schedule next grow. I'm gonna spray again tomorrow evening with some of the Mammoth CannControl. See how it goes from here. My eyesight is terrible, I did not see one spider mite at all. But the evidence was everywhere.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Despite everything, the Silver is getting fatter and danker .. had to bring out the backup carbon unit.. the Stank is real .. 😎 (We're growing flowers, not leaves .. )
PXL 20230826 190320576PORTRAIT
PXL 20230826 1859140212
PXL 20230826 190629648

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
PXL 20230827 002943471

Wood ash... natural content of Phosphorus and Potassium.. wow..who knew!? A cool dude I just hit it off real quick hanging out at Dragonsflamegenetics Discord. "Danny", reached out and suggested I try some wood ash for my plants. I found some old hickory in the garage so perfect.. fire up the barbie! I would've slow cooked some ribs but it's blazing saddles hot outside. Thanks for the suggestion bro.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I have to do an update on the wood ash use or a disclaimer if you will, it's a very alkaline product. It's suggested not to use it if your soils pH is above 6.5. I dropped 2/8ths of a teaspoon to a gallon of water and the pH of that was 9.1. Kind of high. I was able to get that down to 7.5, I just don't know how well a 10 gallon pot could buffer such a high pH. Something to think about. I'm asking around to see if other folks use it right now. If anyone here uses it please chime in and let us know how that's working out for you.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

I have to do an update on the wood ash use or a disclaimer if you will, it's a very alkaline product. It's suggested not to use it if your soils pH is above 6.5. I dropped 2/8ths of a teaspoon to a gallon of water and the pH of that was 9.1. Kind of high. I was able to get that down to 7.5, I just don't know how well a 10 gallon pot could buffer such a high pH. Something to think about. I'm asking around to see if other folks use it right now. If anyone here uses it please chime in and let us know how that's working out for you.
you could mix your nutrients, first then add the wood ash, to slowly raise the ph to desired level. be better then the other way round as most nutrients bring your ph down to 6.0.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Nate, on grow like a Viking on YouTube, tells you how to make the wood ash mixture if it’s not too late. You mix it up in water. Then strain it I think.
I added about a tablespoon of it to the 5 gallon RO water bucket. That was yesterday. Plan on skimming off the top and hope that all the particles have settled to the bottom

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looks like it’s worth a shot. Measures quite a few things. Any information is better than no information! I have used the cheap slurry ones. They only measure NPK with a little caps of powder. at least they give you a vague idea of what’s going on. Looks like it has decent reviews.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
And we finally put the Bubble Runtz under some lights ... FINALLY. Soon as we harvest the Super Silver Haze... (dry and cure), we will start the Tastebuds Bubble Runtz thread.. plans are to grab some clones from it for a nice winter grow. 😁

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
These past two weeks I met a group of KNF growers. KNF is an acronym for Korean Natural Farming. To my knowledge, you cannot get any more self sustaining in organics than with Korean Natural Farming. One of the members happened to live a few blocks from me, small freakn world. He was kind enough to give me a jar of his Fish Amino Acids that he made himself. Another easy recipe to make and great for the soils biology is Lactic Acid Bacteria.. the KNF group calls this LAB. I won't get too deep into it yet as I'm just learning this stuff but am super excited to give it a run these next few grows. This is my first jar of LAB that I'm brewing. (this first part involves keeping the cloudy water of cleaned white rice)
PXL 20230905 234115875PORTRAIT

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
The Lactic Acid Bacteria is nearly complete.. stoked. I might get by not having to do anymore compost teas with this stuff. It's a super microbial bacteria that aids the soils consumption of the organic materials we add to the soil.
PXL 20230908 134621620

Latest posts

Top Bottom