Superweedman's Supersoil Showdown! Subcool Supersoil, Vs Slauson Supersoil, Vs Moonshine Man's Mix

• Thread starter superweedman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea i dont get it, im not sure if some huge chunk of fools from another forum migrated over here or something, but in the past 3 weeks ive literally become angry at a handful of ridiculous posts. Part of me feels like i should just shut up and go somewhere else. At least the other spot dosent have this dumb childish shit.

When i started posting here last year it seemed like there was a huge amount of knowledge, and a much more active group of posters who i would consider very experienced, if not master gardeners, now we have this shit. I know alot of drama caused some folks to head to other forum, but i love the setup here, but this shit is something else

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

@Calixylon agree i was thinking the same thing last week.where did all the noobs rush over here from?

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea i honestly consider myself a noob, i dont have much experience compared to the people i try and surrond myself with.

I think the problem is people who arent really here for the right reasons
If your here to brand yourself, or play some weird anti-cannabis stance on a growing forum fuck off

420circuit

420circuit

Jimi

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Hoping you come back and post updates on this. I personally can look past goofy stuff if need be and would love to watch those plants grow. These guys whining need to look at it like this. If there's is a pic of a naked supermodel holding a can of worms, what are you going to be looking at? The point of focus is the plants and how they are growing in each mix. So what if the guy is goofing off.

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

No super soil is a cure all for the diversity and bio requirements of vast difference in cannabis' genetic framework.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Yea i honestly consider myself a noob, i dont have much experience compared to the people i try and surrond myself with.

I think the problem is people who arent really here for the right reasons
If your here to brand yourself, or play some weird anti-cannabis stance on a growing forum fuck off
+1 it has officially turned into a child's forum can't even recall the last time ive seen the OG kush thread on recent post. New growers I can deal with but thread after thread now a days are full of bs ...

FYI . superweedman has left the building

My would I love to see a new GM or relevant thread

Search function PLEASE ...

420circuit

420circuit

I have used TGA SuperSoil successfully, although the price was steep, about $40 a bag in Broomfield, CO. It was easier than making it myself and for a small grow the convenience was worth it. I tried Mendo Mix and was not happy with the gnats that it brought to my garden. The FF Ocean Forest is my current soil and it's fine, but requires that I add more nutes than the TGA SS. Thinking of trying coco with Botanicare next instead of soil. I have seen a couple beautiful grows done with the Botanicare line recently and liked the results (in hydro) back when I was using their older products.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I have used TGA SuperSoil successfully, although the price was steep, about $40 a bag in Broomfield, CO. It was easier than making it myself and for a small grow the convenience was worth it. I tried Mendo Mix and was not happy with the gnats that it brought to my garden. The FF Ocean Forest is my current soil and it's fine, but requires that I add more nutes than the TGA SS. Thinking of trying coco with Botanicare next instead of soil. I have seen a couple beautiful grows done with the Botanicare line recently and liked the results (in hydro) back when I was using their older products.
$40 for a big of soil?! That's ridiculous! I just reamended 200 gallons of soil for around $40. DIY or bust

I'd be happy to see this comparison followed though, but I agree, the image being presented by this dude is not positive for cannabis IMO. People already have the idea that cannabis users are dumb or juvenile. Cannabis deserves to be represented better, not made into cartoons for infantilized adults.

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

I enjoy the uniformity of plants in coco and commercially speaking its a bonus, but I favor differentiation and unique expression in cannabis, soil seems to maintain or even encourage those individual qualities.

420circuit

420circuit

After doing comparison testing between soil and NFT/hydro there is no doubt that the aromas are better, more complex, with soil, but for smokability, the differences were minor. My conclusion is that soil buds are best to smoke and hydro is best for oil, but the difference is small enough that it is hard to tell the difference once it is burning.

Bet one of those compost drums would work well for mixing soil in small batches.

Scotian Roc

Scotian Roc

Well this sucks...........I was pretty into this thread, I was gonna thank him for his time and the info he was sharing with us..... too bad some foolishness chased him away....... I thought it was kinda funny with the cape and all, he was just trying to add a little humor and trying to stand out I think........I wonder which was the best..........???

420circuit

420circuit

Whoops, just trolled by suggesting my opinion about taste, my mistake, whatever you like is best. The question about which soil mix is better is still on the table.o_O

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Just to chime in on your post. I am running botanicare Kind in coco at the moment and LOVE it. I'm running Cyco coco pearl as my coco medium. Its about 80/20 coco to perlite. With kind you really don't need anything else, it has all the plant needs just in the base formula. I run it with my tap water, which is great water at only 60-80 ppm and 7.0 ph. Never have to use cal mag as kind has calcium in the base and magnesium in the bloom and grow parts. Give it a shot man, you will really enjoy growing in coco!!

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

$40 for a big of soil?! That's ridiculous! I just reamended 200 gallons of soil for around $40. DIY or bust

I'd be happy to see this comparison followed though, but I agree, the image being presented by this dude is not positive for cannabis IMO. People already have the idea that cannabis users are dumb or juvenile. Cannabis deserves to be represented better, not made into cartoons for infantilized adults.
Did not think of it this way originally, but I can see where you are coming from. I think the guy had a great concept for a thread, and it could have been worthwhile. Oh well. I completely agree that the forums, not just this one, are full of people that really just need to think and search before posting. A lot of the threads are the same exact topic and can be found on the same page most of the times.

420circuit

420circuit

Thanks Danky, exactly what i was thinking about doing. Do you have a preference for the coco? i see Botanicare has their own now.

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I have heard botanicare makes great coco as well. The cyco was perfect right out of the bag, as well as the botanicare from what I've read. If you decide to do coc I wouldnt get too crazy with the reading into it. There is way too much info out there on coco and hardly any of it is wrong. You can treat it like soil or hydro. Read the sticky in the coco section about growing in small pots. If you can set up a drip or water frequently enough somehow, small pots are where it's at...

Top Bottom