Swole’s First Grow

• Thread starter SwoleGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420charlie

420charlie

I learned to grow from the perspective of an aquariust, I had fishtanks my whole life. Then I started growing pot and read about aquaponics but didn't want to keep fresh water fish, since I am a Marine fish and coral snob. So in a fish tank bacteria in the filters breaks down the constituent waste products into usable stuff for the plants. So I figured if I added stuff like worm castings or molasses or whatever else I could cut out the fresh water fish. It works out pretty well. I buy whatever is marked down at the grow shop and add tiny bits of it depending on what stage I am in, not organic nutes, not like miracle grow. I add those nutes to the tank the week before I want to use them, then I water with that. Use or dump whatever is left over to get the tank to half full and then fill with ro/di water.

the tank smells good, like sweet earth tea, it's basically a giant batch of tea that I keep going all the time so the bacteria breaks some stuff down before it hits the plants, and keeps the fauna up in the soil mix.
As a fish keeper turned new grower this is awesome man !!

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

***UPDATE***
Herman’s & all the show must go on! So, we’re into the seed plucking game now.
214A3FF3 5CEA 4C1D ABBD 979ABB11CA5B

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

I am growing out the freebie seedsman seeds currently, the blueberry is a good grower, only 2 of 3 made it because my cat needs to die(I'm kidding, I just want to pull a couple of her claws out slowly sometimes)

Good looking little indicas, the jack's all 3 look different which is consistent with jack.
I was super pissed, the only seeds from my order that popped were the freebies.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

I am growing out the freebie seedsman seeds currently, the blueberry is a good grower, only 2 of 3 made it because my cat needs to die(I'm kidding, I just want to pull a couple of her claws out slowly sometimes)

Good looking little indicas, the jack's all 3 look different which is consistent with jack.
I was super pissed, the only seeds from my order that popped were the freebies.
Lol spare the kitty
I’ve got a blueberry freebie from seedsman going also 2 of the 4 jacks are from seedsman (all seedlings)
They’ll go into the bloom room after these Herman’s finish fukin shit up lol. I’ve got 4 more fire og’s vegging in soil that I’m more than likely going to destroy because I’m not going through the sexing and then waiting to see if it herms. Once is enough for me.
How far along are your jacks & blueberry?

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

bleuberries are a month old, jacks are still seedlings
I didn't really keep track of anything to be honest, I didn't expect them to be a priority.

these are the blueberries.
I am running 2 in a pot because I thought they were going to be just some on the side extra stuff. I will probably just leave them and flower clones and see if I like one or the other better.

IMG 20200404 101750460 HDR
SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

bleuberries are a month old, jacks are still seedlings
I didn't really keep track of anything to be honest, I didn't expect them to be a priority.

these are the blueberries.
I am running 2 in a pot because I thought they were going to be just some on the side extra stuff. I will probably just leave them and flower clones and see if I like one or the other better.
Nice! I’d said the same about the blueberry. Wasn’t a priority atm. Looking good though.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

I think I’ve come up with the cause of the herm'd plants.
About 3-4 weeks ago, randomly reading I ran across a thread talking about light leaks and that green is the only color that the plants doesn’t respond to and ANY other light should be covered.
Now this was contrary to what I’d read prior about how the light (red) from the temp and humidity controllers wouldn’t affect the plants. So, the whole grow up until a few weeks ago those red numbers shined brightly during lights out.
We grow & we learn is all I can say. The information is there is just a matter of will you see it in time to correct any mistakes that are being made. I didn’t, BUT I DIDN’T KILL MY PLANTS 🤣 AND... I’ll be better next grow because of it. I moved my scrubber fan controller outside the room and the temp and humidity controllers will be next.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

RDWC is like trying to pick up Thor’s Hammer “Are you worthy” sheesh...

Day 28 from flip and for the last week EVERY SINGLE NIGHT I’ve been in a 12 round heavyweight bout with this system. EC & ph issues. I’ve finally got things dialed in and “in control” & I’m confident with my ability to steer her now. (Better late than never) I’m also more knowledgeable with the NPK ratios & when they are needed and not needed.
All day my water level: Falling, EC: Static, Ph: Static. If you run dwc I’m sure you know where I’m coming from
I feel that the last week had to happen like it did to make me a better grower. It was either find the solution to your problems or kill your plants. I chose to find the solution. Can’t wait until my next rdwc run.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Water level: Falling
EC: Static
Ph: Static
I had nothing to do last night nor this a.m.
They drank 2 gallons yesterday, guess that’ll be my chore for the day.
life is good lol

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

I’ve learned how important the topoff reservoir is. Times past the 1st thing I would do when I walked in was going inside to see the girls. Now, the first thing I’m doing is checking the topoff reservoir outside the room.

Top Bottom