Tahoe OG 250 watt HPS

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

I appreciate it man, or should I say mate, as they say it up your way. Ill be lookin out for yours too, best of luck!

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 31 from seed. Day 10 from 12/12

Fed last night with 8ml bio bizz bio bloom(bottle suggests 7.5ml-15ml), 3ml of cal mag plus, and 1 ml of koolbloom liquid all in a gallon of tap water. This morning I noticed the new leaves on plant one are drooping with maybe a little claw, not sure what that is from, maybe because I lst'd and its reaching for light so it looks like its clawing, maybe because I just watered? Checked run off ph this morning at 6.5-7 so don't think it's ph and doesn't that go hand in hand with overfert?

On Tahoe 2 there isn't any "claw" but on some of the new leaves the edges of the leaves are pointed down almost curling under a little and some of the leaf fingers are twisted.

On the last pic you can see an alternate node which I read is a sign its ready to flower so hopefully I will see some pistils soon.

Tahoe 1

Tahoe 2

Anyone see anything wrong? If so what?

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

Nice grow you got going man. I got 2 buddha tahoes in flower right now so far so good beside the fact I gave them little veg time so they are not going to yild much. I started off with 3 originally but axed 1 due to slow and funky growth like one of yours but way slower thought it would pick up after flower but not at all so bye bye for it. Enough of me rambling on with your show buddy ill be taggn on

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

I wouldn't say growth is slow on either of my tahoes and the new growth actually seems to be shaping up a bit but I guess I'll see what happens in the coming days. Do you have a thread going on it? I'd love to tag along with that. Anything Tahoe I'm interested in seeing right now. Good luck on your grow widow

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 33 from seed. Day 12 of 12/12

Expecting some hairs or at least a pre flower anyday now. It looks to me that I definitely have 2 different phenos. Tahoe one has much darker leaves and for the most part they are bigger than #2's leaves. What I find strange is that I did not top Tahoe 1 and it does not have alternating nodes yet(may have the first one forming) but yet I topped Tahoe 2 and each branch has at least 1 or 2 alternating nodes. I definitely over nuted somewhat and started off on the bloom nutes too early. I just wanted to introduce a decent amount of P and K to help induce flower but will do a heavy watering of plain water with a small amount a pro grow. I'm gonna be cutting this super close, I need these girls chopped and dried (not cured) by may 20th!!

Wbwidow

Wbwidow

I wouldn't say growth is slow on either of my tahoes and the new growth actually seems to be shaping up a bit but I guess I'll see what happens in the coming days. Do you have a thread going on it? I'd love to tag along with that. Anything Tahoe I'm interested in seeing right now. Good luck on your grow widow
I got 1 going on a different site. I use my mobile phone and link thru photobucket for my pics but this site doesn't let you do that. But when I'm able to get a pc ill upload photos for ya

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Just spotted a preflower on Tahoe 1 which is kinda weird because like I said earlier she has no alternating nodes but yet Tahoe 2 does. But oh well we should be off to the races very soon here

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Good news and bad news on day 37 from seed and day 5 from the first sign of a pre flower.

Good news is I'm seeing multiple pistils

Bad news is that I went away for the weekend. Before I did so I watered each plant with a half gallon of plain water then watered both with a quarter gallon of a very small amount of pro grow calmag and koolbloom. (Equal to 2ml of pro grow, 3 ml of cal mag, and 2 ml of koolbloom per gallon) they were in the closet for about 54 hours with the door closed. I checked run off ph before I fed last time and it was around 7. I only water once a week but yet almost all leaves are wilting. I also noticed some brown spots on a couple bigger leaves on Tahoe 1 also these select leaves felt kind of dry on the top of the leaves. The leaves are not crispy whatsoever as they would be if it were dying or you pulled one off just the top has a dry feeling instead of a more smooth feeling like he rest of the leaves. I'm maybe thinking the wilting is caused by a lack of co2? What do you guys think? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
is it ok to veg under a HPS?o_O
..I thought MH was for veg and HPS for flower.:confused:

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

is it ok to veg under a HPS?o_O
..I thought MH was for veg and HPS for flower.:confused:

From what I've read it's optimal to use a MH but you can use a HPS but I've been using it on 12/12 since week 3 from seed and just now am getting pistils so I'm actually in flower

M

mrueeda

From the droppy leaves i would immediately think of under/over water or hot temps...The colour looks good to me..

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

From the droppy leaves i would immediately think of under/over water or hot temps...The colour looks good to me..
Thanks for the reply mreeda, I was thinking that's what it looks like also just couldn't believe I was getting that from it being watered on its 6th day of no water, I usually water on the 7th but I guess the extra day maybe combined with the fact it go no fresh air for 3 days did it.

Not much improvement on her yet.

catdaddy

catdaddy

definitely looks like you got a case of salt build up, possible heat stress and your ph is too high.

M

mrueeda

hmm...what kind of water are u using ? Sometimes tap water has high chlorine, calcium and magnesium content which rise the ec and can lead to intoxications...If i were you i would try to use RO water for a week or two to see if something changes...Also measuring the ec of your tap water and your watering solution could give you an idea of what dose of salt you are feeding with... A personal method i use to know when to water is to put your finger 1 inch deep in the soil and if its dry you want to water...Dont count too much on the days because different plants like to drink considerably different amounts of water even depending on their stage (they drink way more in flower)...I'm hooked to your grow definetly interested on how theese come out..!

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

definitely looks like you got a case of salt build up, possible heat stress and your ph is too high.

Wouldn't ph be low if it was salt buildup? I only say this because last grow I had salt buildup and I was down around 5.0. I tested runoff last time with plain water and it was around 7 maybe a little less(I'm using the drops) then gave it a very miniscule feed(about 1/5 of my last feed) just to bring to string them along until next feed, as I'm in FF light warrior which probably has next to no nutes left in it if any at all. Also temps never really get above 83 in the canopy usually hovering in the mid to high 70s.

The plant seem to have bounced back today with no burned tips anywhere, which makes me lean towards the possibility that I overwatered. Of course I trust your knowledge more than mine as I've just been mostly reading whereas you have much more personal experience. The spots on the leaves seems to have been where I splashed some water with nutes in it and didn't rinse it off. Also I'm getting some red on the petioles just on Tahoe 2 I've read this could be multiple things but most common is P def. or P lockout but being that my ph tested around 7 I'm guessing its a def.

Any help or advice from you experienced growers is really invaluable to me(hopefully I'm using the right word here lol... Pretty stoned)

hmm...what kind of water are u using ? Sometimes tap water has high chlorine, calcium and magnesium content which rise the ec and can lead to intoxications...If i were you i would try to use RO water for a week or two to see if something changes...Also measuring the ec of your tap water and your watering solution could give you an idea of what dose of salt you are feeding with... A personal method i use to know when to water is to put your finger 1 inch deep in the soil and if its dry you want to water...Dont count too much on the days because different plants like to drink considerably different amounts of water even depending on their stage (they drink way more in flower)...I'm hooked to your grow definetly interested on how theese come out..!

I have been using water fresh out the tap because I don't have the funds for an RO system but I might have to save up for a meter to test the water. I'm going to start leaving water sit out for a few days before I water as the gentlemen at the grow store said it should help get rid of the chlorine. I normally go by how light the pot is on when to water but I had to go away for the weekend and could either water fri or Sunday and got greedy and watered Friday. Glad to see your interest in my grow!

catdaddy

catdaddy

to answer your question, if your ph is out of whack it's out of whack, no matter if it's too low or too high and 7.0 is too high.
as far as experience, i am in the same boat as you, so there's no need to take what i say as gospel and im right and you're wrong.

best thing for you that i would suggest, is to take all info giving to you, research and apply what sounds best for your situation. once you do that and the problem still persist, than it becomes a process of elimination until the problem is rectified. another thing, don't just do things just to do it, pay attention to the plant in it's need and act accordingly.

as for you current issues, get the ph down to 6.5 room temps in the 70's and rh in it's respective range. also make sure the tip of the hygrometer is on top of the plants to get a correct reading of the temps at canopy level.

now that i look at your pic again, the plant on the right definitely looks waterlogged. next time take pics without the hps and i am pretty sure others will be able to assist much better than we are doing now.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

to answer your question, if your ph is out of whack it's out of whack, no matter if it's too low or too high and 7.0 is too high.
as far as experience, i am in the same boat as you, so there's no need to take what i say as gospel and im right and you're wrong.

best thing for you that i would suggest, is to take all info giving to you, research and apply what sounds best for your situation. once you do that and the problem still persist, than it becomes a process of elimination until the problem is rectified. another thing, don't just do things just to do it, pay attention to the plant in it's need and act accordingly.

as for you current issues, get the ph down to 6.5 room temps in the 70's and rh in it's respective range. also make sure the tip of the hygrometer is on top of the plants to get a correct reading of the temps at canopy level.

now that i look at your pic again, the plant on the right definitely looks waterlogged. next time take pics without the hps and i am pretty sure others will be able to assist much better than we are doing now.

Thanks for the advice, is there something I could use to lower ph or should I flush? My water is probably between 6.5 and 7

catdaddy

catdaddy

Thanks for the advice, is there something I could use to lower ph or should I flush? My water is probably between 6.5 and 7
when they start to dry out, i would suggest making a low nute solution (around 3-400ppms) ph'd at 6.0 and water until the your ppm and ph is back in the range your prefer them in.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

looking alot better and im starting to see a good amount of pistils coming out of the new shoots especially on tahoe 1 so im gonna start counting flower from the 2nd of march so here is tahoe 2 on day 4 of flower one picture with flash one without

Noflash
Flash

catdaddy

catdaddy

they definitely don't look bad, a little hungry, but not bad at all. the thing now for you to do is figure out what is it that she needs. as of now, i would hit her with a medium dosage of nutes and monitor her progress from there.
if that solution you feed her is too strong she is going to tell you, how would you know? it's simple, if the runoff is too high and the ph drops, it means the feeding was too strong. if you feed her and the ppms and ph are where you want them to be, she took the feeding well. if you feed her and the ppms are low and the ph is high, you underfed her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom